Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you burn the American flag we owe you.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 1

If you burn the American flag we owe you.

May 30, 2020, 9:52 AM

We owe you a one way ticket to another country of your choosing.

If you don’t like the politics or direction of America then vote to change it. Volunteer, work, donate your time and money to change it. But when you disrespect our country by burning the flag, the very symbol people of all color have laid down their life to protect, you need to go because you have made it clear you don’t respect America and you don’t respect the people, people of all color, of America. And when you don’t respect it you have no real interest in making it better.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t like it either. However, I have a different take.

May 30, 2020, 9:57 AM

As a member of the Armed Forces for most of my adult life (now separated), I’m actually honored that people can protest in this way. It reminds me that the sacrifice has worked. You do that in China or Russia and you’re in prison at the least, but a chance of death. In America we have the right to protest and people have fought and died for that right to protest. Don’t get me wrong I would never burn or disrespect the flag but I’m honored that others can. I know I’m about to get flamed and doubt many who served will feel the same way. Just my opinion.

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A flag, THE flag is a symbol, it doesn't know who carries it.

May 30, 2020, 9:59 AM

Honor the symbol the standard, hate the people that do if you must.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A flag, THE flag is a symbol, it doesn't know who carries it.

May 30, 2020, 10:11 AM

Are those Iranians or Americans?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're people, I'm not sure we're posed to lable them.***

May 30, 2020, 10:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They're people, I'm not sure we're posed to lable them.***

May 30, 2020, 10:20 AM

They are Muslims in another country. Just pointing it out.

Aye, people w/out regard to race, color or national origin.***

May 30, 2020, 10:24 AM

Re: A flag, THE flag is a symbol, it doesn't know who carries it.

May 31, 2020, 8:58 AM [ in reply to A flag, THE flag is a symbol, it doesn't know who carries it. ]

Coming from a racist.......

Perfectly stated.***

May 30, 2020, 10:15 AM [ in reply to I don’t like it either. However, I have a different take. ]

Very well said

May 30, 2020, 10:17 AM [ in reply to I don’t like it either. However, I have a different take. ]

The fact that we can bicker like little children about politics on a sports board is what makes America great as well. Well maybe not soooo great. ;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for your service!

May 30, 2020, 10:28 AM [ in reply to I don’t like it either. However, I have a different take. ]

I agree you and all others that have served provided us the right to burn the American flag. But just because you have the right to do something doesn’t mean it’s right.

Re: I don’t like it either. However, I have a different take.

May 30, 2020, 11:06 AM [ in reply to I don’t like it either. However, I have a different take. ]

"...I would never burn or disrespect the flag but I’m honored that others can.". Really? You're honored??? Good effing grief. We will ALWAYS disagree on that. Kneeling for the National Anthem is not as bad, but not acceptable in my world. Anyone that does that crap receives no quarter from me.

Their cause does not justify the disrespect for OUR AMERICA (you know - the ones that actually love and respect OUR COUNTRY).

You are spot on. I agree that we have the right to burn

May 30, 2020, 11:19 AM [ in reply to I don’t like it either. However, I have a different take. ]

the flag or kneel for the anthem. I also have the right to point out the stupidity of such an act, and how misguided and insulting it is. By all means, protest against injustice; just make sure it is directed at the cause, and at those who are guilty. That's the problem here, as there is becoming an increasingly accepted notion that America itself is the problem, and that what the flag and anthem represent are BS. Those who believe differently must push back against the real BS here.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

May 30, 2020, 12:25 PM [ in reply to I don’t like it either. However, I have a different take. ]

We have the right to PEACEABLY ASSEMBLY and PEACEFYLLY PETITION our government. We do not have the right to destroy public and private property. There are many people in out jails and prisons at this moment for stealing and destroying property. We are not like other countries where citizens have to resort to this type of behavior to have their voices heard. Our anger should be directed at the four policemen who were responsible for his gentleman's death. Instead of working together to heal our nations wounds. we have too many people working to divide us.

Have we so soon forgotten the similar riots and destruction that occurred following our last presidential election and the reason for those riots?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spot on Mr. Joe!***

May 30, 2020, 12:28 PM

May 31, 2020, 4:38 PM [ in reply to I don’t like it either. However, I have a different take. ]

What you say is truth. The problem with some on this board is they don't really believe in what the flag stands for. They believe freedom only applies to them. And thank you very much for your service to our country. ??

What a load of horse hockey.

May 30, 2020, 10:04 AM

If you kneel on a person's throat until they are dead, you don't respect the flag, our country, our freedom or its people. When you allow policemen to do that repeatedly, you should expect a flag to be burned in protest.

I have no problem with such a benign form of protest that communicates regardless of language.

Burning the flag has nothing to do with the murder of George Floyd!

May 30, 2020, 10:26 AM

The officers responsible for his murder should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I don’t agree with it but at least I can see a connection in burning the police station where the responsible officers worked.

But, when you burn the flag you just want anarchy, not change. The people burning the flag aren’t seeking justice for Mr. Floyd. If you think so you are badly fooled.

Re: Burning the flag has nothing to do with the murder of George Floyd!

May 30, 2020, 11:12 AM

it’s not “right” according to you. that’s the difference.

there are online platforms whipping people up. you see, technology is amazing. stupid people get tracked. it’s done for a purpose. don’t think too hard.
hate for you to damage your brain.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: What a load of horse hockey.

May 30, 2020, 11:12 AM [ in reply to What a load of horse hockey. ]

^^ You seem confused, or just express yourself badly. What you said is not justified in the most exaggerated case. And, unless I missed it, that has not been done "repeatedly". Maybe rethink your post and try again. Burning the flag is not acceptable.

Re: What a load of horse hockey.

May 30, 2020, 11:36 AM [ in reply to What a load of horse hockey. ]

U are liberal trash. Just pointing out what others are thinking.

That's what your kind do, you say things without the ability to back them up. If every real American protested and burnt up their city every time an illegal or "person of colo" murdered a white folk, all our cities would be in ashes. Your immature children who failed to get their butt whipped as kids and now your dead set on tearing up what others have worked their whole lives to build. Your a weak kneed whiny liberal that represents a bigger threat to America than any Asian and or Muslim country could ever dream of.

FACT!

grindr >>>>***

May 30, 2020, 11:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Aw... you such a tough guy. Go stroke your pistol.***

May 31, 2020, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: What a load of horse hockey. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here is where you are so very wrong . . .

May 30, 2020, 11:45 AM [ in reply to What a load of horse hockey. ]

"If you kneel on a person's throat until they are dead, you don't respect the flag, our country, our freedom or its people."

NOBODY is claiming that he does. NOBODY. So why argue against an argument that isn't being made?

"When you allow policemen to do that repeatedly, you should expect a flag to be burned in protest."

That is a flat out lie. It isn't "allowed to happen", not any more than murder, rape, robbery, hate, dishonesty, deception, or any other undesirable behaviors are allowed to happen. There are laws and societal mechanisms in place to try to prevent them from happening. To claim that the fact that they continue to happen is evidence of our "allowing it to happen" is totally illogical and is a very dishonest, lazy attempt to support a weak (but very emotional) argument.

This bad guy here is not America, the flag, or anything those truly represent. The bad guy here is a bad cop(s) and perhaps the Minneapolis police department for keeping this guy on the force with a history of bad behavior. Any attempt to make it more than that is self serving, and simply fuels the outrage and gives many people a false sense of justification for committing foolish, selfish, illegal and destructive acts.

This is a bad cop who probably should have been gone from the force long ago, and the system that allowed that (Minneapolis Police Dept) needs to be looked at. If we stay focused on that, hopefully we can learn from this as a country and take steps to prevent these kinds of incidents from happening in the future. By making it about how bad America is, we're missing the mark and making it worse.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

The caveat to your argument should be obvious...

May 31, 2020, 9:35 AM

It's not just the Minneapolis Police Dept... They're just the one's THIS time.

Why do you think these protests are happening all across the country?

I abhor the arson and looting, but committing all your forces to crowd control instead of actually policing was a bad tactical call.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From legal perspective, the Supreme Court has ruled on this.

May 30, 2020, 10:07 AM

As stated, there’s much more constructive activities than symbolic gestures and the ensuing debate.

Re: From legal perspective, the Supreme Court has ruled on this.

May 30, 2020, 10:19 AM

People who destroy the property of others as a way to protest are no better then the one they are protesting against. If I were a dictator, I would remove anyone from this country that would burn the flag.

thankfully you are not our dicktater nor has that been our

May 30, 2020, 10:21 AM

form of gov't

Re: From legal perspective, the Supreme Court has ruled on this.

May 30, 2020, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Re: From legal perspective, the Supreme Court has ruled on this. ]

If I were a dictator, I would remove anyone from this country that would burn the flag.

Weird flex, but okay

re

May 30, 2020, 10:21 AM [ in reply to From legal perspective, the Supreme Court has ruled on this. ]

From a legal perspective: Texas vs Johnson, 1989.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you burn the American flag we owe you.

May 30, 2020, 10:45 AM

Thank you love it or leave it...GOD Bless the USA????

No, I hate it and I'm going to stay.

May 30, 2020, 11:55 AM

You can't make me leave.

The ‘Love it or leave it’ crowd...

May 30, 2020, 11:07 AM

Just don’t understand what America is all about.

Re: The ‘Love it or leave it’ crowd...

May 30, 2020, 11:14 AM

Well it’s certainly not about disrespecting it.

May 30, 2020, 11:14 AM [ in reply to The ‘Love it or leave it’ crowd... ]

Care to describe YOUR crowd? What is the name of it, and what does it represent? How does it feel about AMERICA? Does your crowd think it's okay to burn the flag if they are unhappy with something? Just curious.

I do. I love burning the flag.

May 30, 2020, 11:54 AM

It's just a piece of cloth.

May 30, 2020, 6:24 PM [ in reply to Re: The ‘Love it or leave it’ crowd... ]

We are all part of the same crowd...Americans. I’ve never burned a flag and would/have never considered it. I fly my flag when appropriate and I stand for the Anthem. But...disrespect is in the eye of the beholder and I get why some might not feel like that flag has always seen after their best interests. Regardless, if they are citizens, they are no more or less Americans than you or I and burning the flag is a form of expression. You may think you are a ‘better’ American than they or I...but that is also subjective.

Symbolism just isn't a powerful thing to me

May 30, 2020, 12:19 PM

It's a flag. I'd rather see people burning flags than burning cars and buildings. I'd rather see somebody kneel during the anthem than form a violent mob.

i don’t know how you could blame a black person

May 30, 2020, 12:26 PM

For not having the same love of the flag and why they might want to burn it.

A country that their ancestors were taken to in chains, forced to work for profit and then after eventually freed, were put through decades of other ways of systematic oppression.

Then when things started to get good in certain areas, white citizens couldn’t handle it and perpetuated heinous acts like the Tulsa Massacre, which was then covered up by history books.

The American flag doesn’t mean the same thing to all people.

Re: i don’t know how you could blame a black person

May 30, 2020, 12:52 PM

But you know when I talk to old black people they seem to have a greater love for America than the young. The old are the ones who experienced true oppression. The young have not experienced what their grandparents experienced. So my question is why do they seem to be the most angry? I taught in the college ministry at my church for several years. I asked the question whether racism is worse now or 75 years ago? All but one said it’s worse now. I was literally speechless for a bit. Do these kids read history? Do they talk to the old? Are you kidding me?

Re: i don’t know how you could blame a black person

May 30, 2020, 1:30 PM

75 years ago there was still segregation so yes older black people dealt with more racism than young black people do today. Although, that doesn't change the fact that young black people do have to deal with racism. Blacks young and old deal with more racism than you ever have. You can ask all the people you want or do all the research you can but until you lived it then you don't know. Why are young blacks so angry? Imagine someone hurting your wife or kids and telling you how to react to their crime.

Here is where you are totally, 100% wrong ...

May 30, 2020, 4:09 PM

We certainly can, and should tell people how to act. What happened to George Floyd is horrible, and I can't find anybody who attempts to excuse, justify, or minimize it in any way. Rather, it has been forcefully and universally condemned by people from all walks of life. The bigger question of societal racism is much more complex than anything exemplified in this particular incident, which is in no way a crystallization of the issue, no matter how some want so badly to make it just that. As to your last point, if someone hurts my wife and kids, they can't tell me not to be angry or hurt, but they absolutely can tell me, and must tell me, not to loot, steal, burn, and harm other innocent people. Nobody is obligated to "understand" when their property is destroyed, and none of us are obligated to understand or excuse when we witness rioting and looting. That is exactly what is happening here.

Yes, racism still exists, but it's nowhere nearly as common or as accepted as it was at one point in my lifetime. When I was a kid, African Americans could not go to school with me and other whites; they rode in the back of the bus when we went into town to see a movie or shop on Saturday; They could not drink from the "white" water fountain at my uncle's plumbing supply shop; they had to sit in the balcony at the theater. When I was born, there were 4 African American congressmen; now there are 55, and we've had an African American President (who served two terms!). We have African Americans who are CEOs of major corporations and are prominent business owners. So yes, there are still plenty of racists out there and we should all stand against it, together, but people born in the last 30-40 years have absolutely no idea how bad it was, and sound like spoiled, ignorant whiney brats to those of us who do know how many light years we've come.

The really sad thing is, George Floyd deserves better. We should all be mourning his murder, and focusing on that, but instead, all we see on 24/7 news channels and on social media, is buildings burning and people stealing and looting.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Here is where you are totally, 100% wrong ...

May 30, 2020, 4:26 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but George Floyd was killed on May 25, 2020. Did you post about it before the rioting started or did you wait until the rioting started? The reason I ask is if you say it's taking away from the real issue which is George Floyd death then you must have addressed it prior to the rioting right. Could you please show me where you addressed the death of George Floyd before the rioting started? Not as a side note to you complaining about the rioting but strictly about the death of George Floyd.

What difference does that make? What is your point?***

May 31, 2020, 8:18 AM

- H. L. Mencken

Re: What difference does that make? What is your point?***

May 31, 2020, 4:17 PM

This is my point my friend. If you or anyone else were so outraged about George Floyd death why didn't you speak out about it before the rioting started? I didn't see one post on this board from you or any of these other guys that are so quick to complain about the rioting. Why weren't you trying to bring awareness to Mr Floyd death then? You said nothing. Then the rioting starts and like magic you find your voice. You say the rioting is a distraction but you would have never even spoke on his death if you didn't have the rioting to complain about. I don't agree with the riot at all but, I understand the frustration. When Kap peacefully protested you ignored and vilified him. Besides, the riot has forced many of you to speak on George Floyd death and not sweep it under a rug.

Absolutely respect the right to protest...

May 30, 2020, 12:55 PM [ in reply to i don’t know how you could blame a black person ]

as a Veteran I agree with the Right to Assemble, and to burn the Flag. Sickens me but I served for peeps to have that right.

Agree with the right to assemble and peaceful protest.

However I also believe in the RESPONSIBILITY of elected officials to do their duty and PROTECT PROPERTY and people from those whose protests go beyond "peaceful"

The cop(s) that killed the guy is/are presumed innocent until proven guilty. They have the right to a speedy trial. From what I see and hear they are likely to be found guilty, but they first have the right to defend themselves in a court of law.

What we are seeing is beyond what I served to protect.

Our leaders should step up and do their duty.

Well said.***

May 30, 2020, 4:25 PM

- H. L. Mencken

So far, there is no "they"... Only one cop weakly charged.***

May 31, 2020, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Absolutely respect the right to protest... ]

May 30, 2020, 1:03 PM

If alot you guys would have put as much energy into being outraged by cops killing minorities and not being punished as you pretended to be with people peacefully kneeling during the national anthem maybe we wouldn't have arrived to this point. These racist cops feel comfortable killing minorities because they keep getting away with it. A man was killed on camera in broad daylight and all you want to talk about is burning the flag. Since when is the american flag more important than the american? Everytime something like this happens the subject seems to get changed from the real issue.

I guess reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

May 30, 2020, 2:01 PM

The people burning the flag don’t care about a black man being killed by a policeman, or anyone for that matter. Their only interest is anarchy. I would like to mourn for Mr. Floyd but the anarchists have hijacked his death. I am outraged at what happened to George Floyd but if you aren’t outraged at the riots and destruction you are a bigger part of the problem.

^This***

May 31, 2020, 8:35 AM

- H. L. Mencken

The only ones changing the subject are the rioters and anarchists.

May 30, 2020, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: If you burn the American flag we owe you. ]

The story is no longer about Mr. Floyd. It’s about the destruction. As I mentioned in another thread Mr. Floyd’s legacy is now free booze and TVs

Re: The only ones changing the subject are the rioters and anarchists.

May 30, 2020, 3:29 PM

No your reading comprehension is lacking buddy. You and your type look for every reason to hijack the issue with police brutality on minorities.

Not sure what “type” you think I am but you sound racist.

May 30, 2020, 8:26 PM

I’ve been very clear that the officers responsible for George Floyd’s death should be fully prosecuted. You seem more interested in defending the anarchists.

Every burning building, burning car and looted store is distracting from the real issue.

So why do you continue to focus on the distraction?***

May 31, 2020, 8:38 AM

Because it is a very serious situation that is ongoing and

May 31, 2020, 8:48 AM

totally dominating the news.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: The only ones changing the subject are the rioters and anarchists.

May 30, 2020, 3:35 PM [ in reply to The only ones changing the subject are the rioters and anarchists. ]

You can say the people burning the flag don't care about George Floyd's death. I can say the people who cry about burning flags and kneeling during the national anthem don't care about respecting the country or its patriotism. You're no more right than I am.

The murder of George Floyd has been universally condemned

May 31, 2020, 8:44 AM

by people from all sides and all walks of life. NOBODY has defended what that cop/cops did. Yet there is a very large segment of twisted idiots in our country that will not condemn the violence done against innocent people by hordes of filth pretending to be "protesters" who are concerned about societal issues.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: The murder of George Floyd has been universally condemned

May 31, 2020, 8:57 AM

I have seen and heard tons of people subtly defending the cops with, "Don't break the law and you won't get hurt".

Okay - you got me. I'm sure you can find somebody saying or

May 31, 2020, 9:24 AM

doing anything. So, let me rephrase. The murder of George Floyd has been ALMOST universally condemned by people on all sides and from all walks of life.

- H. L. Mencken

Or better yet, send them to the Gulag!

May 30, 2020, 6:44 PM

That'll learn 'em.

People died for you to have that right.. but don't you dare use it***

May 31, 2020, 8:47 AM

May 31, 2020, 4:36 PM

B*llsh*t! We have a right to say anything about this country and burn the flag in protest. That is what FREEDOM OF SPEECH actually is. You're a hypocrite. You scream about your freedom but you stay silent when other Americans, black Americans who want the same freedom you enjoy. Instead of standing with them for basic freedom, you ridicule them. You don't love the flag and what it stands for, you want freedom for yourself, but not other Americans.

But you scream " you burn the flag you should go to another country". You are a fake patriot. You don't understand what freedom really is. The flag stands for the idea of freedom and equality for Americans. You're not interested in freedom for others, only freedom for you white assz.

Perfect example of a supporter of the sociopath who sits in the Oval Office. Trump doesn't care about politics or ideology, he cares about getting reelected. He doesn't embrace conservative ideology or any ideology. He will say whatever it takes to fire up his base.

The Constitution of the United States gives anyone the freedom to burn the flag in protest. Your fake patriotism is noted.

Replies: 62
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic