Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Talking about dirty dealings with covid19
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,585

Talking about dirty dealings with covid19

Dec 1, 2020, 2:35 PM

The Sucknuts of Ohio State did something funny to save their season. If I’m reading things correctly they canceled their game last weekend so they could stop testing until this week. They were on the borderline of hitting the red level which under big10 protocol, they would have to shut everything down 7 days. If they were to shut down 7 days they couldn’t play this weekend either. So to beat that process they canceled the game against Illinois. That’s shady to me. If the CFP committee puts them in with only 6 games played it will be a travesty to teams who played a full schedule. It will be namesake only. I dislike OSU and their fans. I would love nothing more but see them go 6-0 and get left out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly, the fighting nut necklaces haven't even passed

Dec 1, 2020, 2:43 PM

the "eye test" that the CFP talks about every year. Are wins over Nebraska, Penn State and Rutgers impressive? What about giving up 35 points at home to Indiana and winning by 7 when they were favored by 21 and letting IU's QB throw for almost 500 yards? If OSU doesn't qualify for the B1G championship game and win it convincingly they should not be in the playoff, because what other metric exists that gets them in other than a name and big ratings?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Honestly, the fighting nut necklaces haven't even passed

Dec 1, 2020, 3:01 PM

Agree! The "eye test" is based way too heavily on program tradition and recruiting rankings

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The "eye test" is a bu!!$#!7 metric...

Dec 1, 2020, 3:07 PM

used to support an agenda that can't otherwise be substantiated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Obviously. But they can't even use that excuse with

Dec 1, 2020, 3:21 PM

the fighting nut necklaces this year. There is no justification.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Is OcryO State one of the best four teams?

Dec 1, 2020, 3:36 PM

I don't know but based on what we've seen thus far, I would rank A&M and Florida ahead of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definitely TAMU and Florida

Dec 1, 2020, 3:41 PM

I'd consider putting Cincinnati ahead of them too, but it's close.

I was looking at the Sagarin SOS rankings...

Dec 1, 2020, 3:52 PM

He has OcryO State schedule strength at 19. 19 !?!?! Based on what?

He has Nebraska at 1, Penn State at 2, Michigan at 8, Northwestern at 9, Iowa, at 16 and Wisconsin at 17.

His rankings are generally pretty accurate IMO but this one makes me think he has lost his friggin' mind.

I have to think sample size factors into that right?

Dec 1, 2020, 3:56 PM

Over the course of a 12-game season we see accuracy of the SOS. But when there are no OOC games, and the B1G has played a handful (or less) of games, I would question how accurate (or maybe realistic is a better term) the calculations are.

Here is what I think the actual ESPN talking head reasoning

Dec 1, 2020, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Honestly, the fighting nut necklaces haven't even passed ]

is, but none would ever admit it in public.

"In reality, Ohio State beat Clemson last year, (disregard that actual final score, look at THE EYE TEST) and Justin Fields is even better this year. So, if they don't lose a game, we HAVE to put them in."

Now, the REAL reality is, the Fighting Corndoggers have shown just how fast a team can go downhill from one season to the next. The Nut Necklaces are not nearly the defensive team they were a year ago. So, even if they do get in, I think Clemson or Alabama would boat race them. Notre Dame would also have a very good shot at taking them down. So, bring them on, I say.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Talking about dirty dealings with covid19

Dec 1, 2020, 2:47 PM

their AD has just one shady deal or shady hire after another. I can not believe they havent made a change.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The CFP Committee chairperson is the AD from Iowa...

Dec 1, 2020, 3:03 PM

which explains why the committee seems to be going out of its way to protect the BIG by specifically saying that the number of games played will not have any bearing on being selected for the CFP.

OcryO State getting in after only playing 5 or 6 games is a travesty and completely unfair to those teams that played full schedule.

That said, the Bucknut defense (especially the secondary) is incredibly suspect, so if they do get in, Bama, Notre Dame, Clemson or any team with a solid passing game for that matter, will make quick work of them.

You know you're in trouble when you have to rely on Indiana to prop-up your schedule.

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,585
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic