Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here is one great example of how cable TV is willing to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Here is one great example of how cable TV is willing to

Feb 18, 2021, 7:53 PM

shoot itself in the foot.

Time Warner cable was bought out, merged, whatever, by Spectrum. Spectrum allowed existing customers to keep their Timer Warner packages if they wanted. I had Time Warner Signature Home, which is the most expensive package other than paying for ALL channels available. It had pretty much everything other than the premium movie channels, and even had some of them. It also had a feature we liked, which was that you could record a show on any dvr box in the house, and watch it on any other dvr box in the house. Since we have two dvr boxes, that allowed us to record up to four shows at a time.

Fast forward to the impending launch of the ACC Network. I was informed by Spectrum CSR that it would not be available on the old Time Warner Signature Home package, that I would have to switch over to a comparable Spectrum package to get it. Channel wise, they truly were comparable, and the dollars was also nearly the same. No physical hardware changed needed, we got to keep all the same dvr boxes, etc. It amounted to a central office downloaded software change. All is well, right? WRONG.

Immediately upon going with the new package we suddenly discovered we could only view recorded programs on the dvr box that initially recorded them. Bear in mind, this is the same box that previously had this option of viewing in any room in the house. I called up Spectrum CSR, and was informed that Spectrum does not offer that service. I pointed out that they were in fact offering it to existing TW customers who had not yet switched packages. No matter, they stood firm that it was not going to be offered, and has not been offered, via Spectrum. All it would take is a few lines of code, since I know the box was previously capable. Since my wife is a huge "soap opera" fan, this made her very angry. That, in turn, as any man knows, has made my life not nearly as sunshine and apple pie as it once was. :(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here is one great example of how cable TV is willing to

Feb 18, 2021, 8:24 PM

Ah, I see you too, have the new Spectrum service plan. It's called R-e-c-t-r-u-m...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2021, 8:53 PM

Don't be held hostage. Switch to YouTube, I did.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did, too. Until...

Feb 19, 2021, 7:36 AM

YoutubeTV kept taking away channels and raising their price. I was happy with it for a couple years, but no longer. I just reluctantly switched back to Spectrum.

It seems we’re back to a point where all options are ripoffs. But there’s no way I’m not watching a Clemson game, so there goes my money.

What Clemson games are you missing by being on..........

Feb 19, 2021, 11:30 AM

YouTubeTV?? I've had it for about three years here in Atlanta now and don't remember not being able to get any Clemson games. I think YouTubeTV is good.

Feb 19, 2021, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Here is one great example of how cable TV is willing to ]

I agree on Youtube. Even with the price increase it is still cheaper than cable and the unlimited DVR is great. Just need to make sure you have a good internet provider.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2021, 9:05 PM

It was a great day when I finally canceled spectrum and changed to YouTube Tv .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2021, 9:18 PM

Can you punch a channel number and go directly to that channel?

Feb 19, 2021, 12:00 AM

Spectrum immediately raised their rates on me when they bought Time Warner. I tried negotiating with them but they remained at their new rate. I dropped them and went with FTC at a lower rate. I then get a call from Spectrum with a lower rate. I said thank you but no thank you

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Switch to streaming. Before long that will be your

Feb 19, 2021, 12:48 AM

only choice and cable companies are rapidly moving that direction. I have YouTube tv and it’s been wonderful for us.

Re: Switch to streaming. Before long that will be your

Feb 19, 2021, 8:24 AM

I never use the word hate but I strongly dislike Spectrum! I thought Direct tv was bad and, unfortunately switched to Spectrum. Dumb move.

Feb 19, 2021, 1:20 PM

What I don't understand is why so many still pay these monthly rates to cable or these other streaming big name services. I bet at minimum folk pay $45 a month for even youtube.....I think it's more. I paid $45 for a years service and get anything and everything I could ever want.

Silly people paying these rates to the big companies.

Feb 19, 2021, 1:56 PM

I too am an old Time Warner customer who had an internet/basic tv package that began as $50/month. I've still got the same package, but its gone up to $69/month (which means the added fees bring that to $88.73/mon). I've tried to switch to a cheaper package but Spectrum will not let me have internet for $50/month as advertised on TV (I even get phone calls wanting to sign me up). It is frustrating to be told the advertised rates are for "New" customers only, so current customers are being given the choice to stay and be gouged, or leave.

So, my question is what are y'all doing for the internet connection?

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic