Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Heard only 50+ have died in USA, mostly in WashSt, of CV vs 22,000 of Flu..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

Heard only 50+ have died in USA, mostly in WashSt, of CV vs 22,000 of Flu..

Mar 15, 2020, 5:36 PM

with majority of those 50+ deaths at same nursing facility with average age around 80..

while entire economy here has been wrecked beyond belief.

Oh, guess how many thousands of Americans have died in auto deaths already..with SC leading the way!

Saying, makes you wonder about gross fear and how humans can act like...

Well you know, buying up toilet paper by the reams.

PS: Read today that Obama Administration didn’t send out distress signals for months concerning the Swine Flu which killed 17,000+ Americans.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heard 50+ have died in USA, mostly in WashSt, of CV vs 22,000 of Flu..

Mar 15, 2020, 5:39 PM

Know what you're saying lbb but it's all about overtaxing the hospital systems so docs don't have to make decisions on who dies or not.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heard 50+ have died in USA, mostly in WashSt, of CV vs 22,000 of Flu..

Mar 16, 2020, 4:21 AM

If you notice all the systems that are failing are the ones where the government provides the health care services to everyone. Just saying.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heard only 50+ have died in USA, mostly in WashSt, of CV vs 22,000 of Flu..

Mar 15, 2020, 5:40 PM

Prepare to be attacked for making light of the greatest threat we’ve ever faced.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

drama much?***

Mar 15, 2020, 6:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Tell that to the 6,000+ that are ALREADY DEAD!!!!!***

Mar 15, 2020, 7:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Tell that to the 6,000+ that are ALREADY DEAD!!!!!***

Mar 16, 2020, 4:24 AM

How about the 20,000 from the flu or the thousands killed in accidents or snakebites? Everyone wants to harp on the people that this virus has killed when in reality it is very low on the list of things that cause death. Carry on with the gnashing of teeth and search for the holy grail that is toilet paper.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

here We go again

Mar 15, 2020, 5:46 PM

Brace yourself bill

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2020, 5:50 PM

WYFF4 website is showing 5 locals killed in car wrecks over the weekend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2020, 7:14 PM

Hopefully they didn’t have Chinese Wuhan Bat Soup Lung AIDS and transmit it the the first responders.

Mar 16, 2020, 7:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Heard only 50+ have died in USA, mostly in WashSt, of CV vs 22,000 of Flu.. ]

It isn't "only" 50+ if someone you love was one of that number.

That being said, we noted the wreck victims as well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2020, 5:53 PM

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-burial-pits-iran-grown-so-fast-see-from-space-2020-3

Mar 15, 2020, 6:05 PM

Iranian burial grounds. Well, hopefully the people will rise up soon.

That's so bad, I gave you a TU***

Mar 15, 2020, 7:08 PM

You do know, with today’s technology...

Mar 15, 2020, 7:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Heard only 50+ have died in USA, mostly in WashSt, of CV vs 22,000 of Flu.. ]

...they can see the License Plate # on your car from space too, right?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You do know, with today’s technology...

Mar 15, 2020, 7:15 PM

Can they find my car keys?

Well, all Trump talked about was the new fed rate during his

Mar 15, 2020, 5:58 PM

time at the podium in the current press conference. The rest of the team have thankfully actually discussed the virus.

^^ Yep true, since 1990+ points uP was best since 2008..

Mar 15, 2020, 6:04 PM

and made my GF#1 & the nation’s stock market investors happy over the week-end rather than their living with more economic fear and contemplating something drastic.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, I've lost about $100K in my 401K over the last 3 weeks

Mar 15, 2020, 6:27 PM

That said, the real problem is the virus, and Trump just spent too much time on the fed rate, and making comments that we have control of the virus. Then 10 minutes later Dr. Fouci said something he has said over and over for the last three weeks that the worst of the virus is yet to come and would be 2-3 months from now.

$100k? Those are UDP numbers***

Mar 15, 2020, 7:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, I've lost about $100K in my 401K over the last 3 weeks

Mar 15, 2020, 11:16 PM [ in reply to Well, I've lost about $100K in my 401K over the last 3 weeks ]

Both were right. Measures have been taken and the resulting course of events will take place. More will die but not at epidemic rates. The economy will survive, heartily. Try not to be purposely dense.

Message was edited by: orangecoloredglasses®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe you shouldn't have sold after the value went down

Mar 16, 2020, 3:18 AM [ in reply to Well, I've lost about $100K in my 401K over the last 3 weeks ]

at least you will be able to spread the loss on your taxes over the next 5 years

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2020, 6:09 PM

Correct me if I’m wrong, Bill, but didn’t the great flood start with a few drops?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I found your new mascot, LBB

Mar 15, 2020, 6:13 PM

Mar 15, 2020, 6:28 PM

Fear and panic as well as undermining the economy are far bigger threats to our wellbeing.Seems as a nation we can’t understand who is most at risk.Protect the elderly and those with other conditions.I am 65 with no plans to quarantine,wear a mask or run to the grocery store for toilet paper.If I get the virus,I’ll get over it.For those who see this as a promising crisis to undermine an election,shame on you.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2020, 12:01 AM

trump first said last week the virus was a democrat hoax. Then he says it is a national emergency. Today he says it is all under control. It cant be all three in seven days. He has undermined his own election. The guy just cannot tell the truth about anything at anytime. And I am 61 since we are identifying age groups.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2020, 6:33 PM

We're not battling the wuhan flu at this point, we're battling the dumbarses that are freaking out about it. If something serious ever happened in this country, a large number of morons would just fold over and die. On the plus side, the morans would die

Mar 15, 2020, 6:34 PM

Also plus side, majority of libs are morans

Mar 15, 2020, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Heard only 50+ have died in USA, mostly in WashSt, of CV vs 22,000 of Flu.. ]

I hope you are not a Clemson grad! Time to take your medicine.

Mar 16, 2020, 12:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Heard only 50+ have died in USA, mostly in WashSt, of CV vs 22,000 of Flu.. ]

Get real people. In Italy now they are so triaged that the decision is not who gets a resipratory, they are long beyond that. Over 300 died TODAY, and it as not crested yet. The question is who even gets treatment if they have a serious case. A parent of school age children gets treatment and a guy my age gets politely told please choke to death as comfortably as you can. I hope you are right and it blows over, but it has not anywhere yet. 70 to 150 million people apt to contract because it is super contagious. At no less than 2% mortality, 1.4 million deaths are the low end. You know people who will not walk the earth this time next year because of it, and that is if and only if we take steps to minimize the spread now. For God's sake, don't be flippant about it.

Mar 16, 2020, 12:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Heard only 50+ have died in USA, mostly in WashSt, of CV vs 22,000 of Flu.. ]

Is fox news now calling it the Wuhan flu ? I see the name has changed with the conservatives.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2020, 6:42 PM

We're not talking 17,000 deaths if this thing gets loose. The mortality rate is at least 1% and probably closer to 2%...as opposed to .1% for flu strains. This means you're between 10 and 20 times as likely to die of COVID-19 as you are of any flu bug, swine or otherwise.

This is also a new bug...with an extremely durable protein sheath. It can apparently live as long as nine hours on a surface. It's also a new bug, meaning, nobody has any kind of immunity to it.

If we do nothing and just say, hey, everybody take your chances...as much as two-thirds of the population could wind up with this thing, according to the CDC. In a country of 327 million, that means 215 million Americans could wind up infected...with somewhere between 2.1 and 4.3 million deaths.

That would be the reason governments across the world are taking extreme measures, and closing down sporting events, schools, and large public gatherings. Some countries are even locking down. Millions of folks dead is just not...acceptable. Satellites have revealed mass graves getting dug in places like Iran and North Korea.

THIS IS NOT THE FLU. And we definitely don't need four million dead here, you know?

Mar 15, 2020, 7:00 PM

A reasonably person exist on here!! Hurray. I would like to know more about the ages of the people in Italy who have died in the past day or 2. I have read that in China only 1 person under 20 dead from it and they were older then 10. I have a 3 and 4 year old so I am a little worried but that stat makes me feel better. My 2 boys have a cough and runny nose but seem fine. We are in Polk County NC and my wife works at Mary Black but they haven't had a positive case there yet but my boys certainly have something idk if it is covid19 and I doubt it is. The nurse line says to keep them at home and that they do not need to come in and get tested unless they start having a really high fever and seem to be feeling very poorly. They both seems fine and do not have much of a fever(below 100).

4 million deaths?!?!

Mar 15, 2020, 7:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Heard only 50+ have died in USA, mostly in WashSt, of CV vs 22,000 of Flu.. ]

I understand the need to be safe, but that kind of talk is false.

Re: 4 million deaths?!?!

Mar 15, 2020, 7:23 PM

He said could. It would certainly he a possibility if we did nothing. How many people in America are over 80 or have major health problems? My guess is well over 4 million.

Re: 4 million deaths?!?!

Mar 15, 2020, 8:14 PM

It's well over 4 million in that category. You're talking all the baby boomers are at high risk category. And we're a huge number of the gen pop.

If we take the chance and overtax our health care system, you would have mass caous, panic and everything in between. You'd have people dying of starvation.

We are a government dependent nation like it or not. The more time this takes, the better. It gives a lot of smart people the ability to concentrate on vaccines and medicines to counteract it. As well as what quozz said, the more people that get it, can recover with hopefully an amunity built up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2020, 6:48 PM

Did you see what happened in Italy? Over 300 have died in 24 hours. No clue the ages of those people tho nor do I know in what health most of Italians are in. I am not worried as I am 27, my wife 26, and my children 3 and 4. I worry some for my father who has smoked his whole life and is 60 now. Our government would no be doing all this if it was not a serious issue.

Mar 15, 2020, 6:50 PM

Shhhhh, Bill you know you can’t point out racist facts like that!

Ignorance is Curable, but Sutpidity Runs Clear to the Bone***

Mar 15, 2020, 6:57 PM

Bill, here is the reality ,actual facts thru Friday

Mar 15, 2020, 7:13 PM

What you're saying is right.

As of Friday, the total number of U.S. deaths attributed to coronavirus stood at 48. All but 11 of the deaths were in Washington state.

Of the total deaths reported through March 13, more than half (25) were from the Life Care Center nursing facility in Kirkland, Wash., where a serious outbreak occurred.

U.S. health officials said the early pattern of deaths suggests those most at risk are the elderly and those with more serious health issues like diabetes, lung disease or coronary ailments.

“If you are an elderly person with an underlying condition, if you get infected, the risk of getting into trouble is considerable. So it's our responsibility to protect the vulnerable,” Dr. Anthony Fauci, America's top infectious disease expert, declared recently.

For the latest government information, visit CDC.gov. In the meantime, here are more details on the first 48 U.S. coronavirus deaths.

Thirty-seven deaths (77% of total) are in Washington state.

Newly reported on March 13, 2020

Two women in their 90s at Life Care Center died on March 6.
A woman in her 80s at Life Care Center died on March 6.
A man in his 70s at Overlake Medical Center died on March 4.
A man in his 80s at Swedish Issaquah hospital, died on March 9.
Woman in her 70s with underlying health conditions died on March 11.
Four Washington state deaths are from Snohomish County

A woman in her 70s with underlying health conditions died March 11.
Woman in her 80s with underlying health conditions died March 10.
Man in his 80s with underlying health conditions, died March 9 at the Josephine Caring Community
A man in his 40s with underlying health conditions died but the date has not been specified.
One Washington State death is from Grant County, a patient in his or her 80s.

Four deaths are in California:

A woman, 90s, in assisted living.
A woman, 60s, hospitalized in Santa Clara.
An elderly man in assisted living.
A man, 71, with underlying health conditions who had been on a Grand Princess cruise ship.
Two deaths are in Florida:

A man and woman, both in their 70s, died after returning from foreign travel.
One death is in New Jersey:

A man, 69, who is diabetic and suffered two cardiac arrests, has died.
One death is in South Dakota:

A man in his 60s with underlying medical conditions has died.
One death is in Georgia:

A man, 67, with underlying medical conditions has died.
One death is in Kansas:

A man in his 70s with underlying health conditions died at the Life Care Center in Kansas City.
One death in is Colorado:

A woman in her 80s with underlying health conditions has died.

Re: Bill, here is the reality ,actual facts thru Friday

Mar 15, 2020, 10:03 PM

You missed these 2, from Louisiana, both under 60....

https://www.nola.com/news/coronavirus/article_9e3eb86a-66c6-11ea-989a-03361087db16.html

And this guy, age 45 with no prior health issues is struggling, sedated, in an icu....

https://www.nola.com/news/coronavirus/article_35531ff4-66d9-11ea-95b0-7797f71d169a.html

It’s not just “old people with health problems”.

In France 50% of the ICU patients with Covid-19 are less than 60.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But but Obama.

Mar 15, 2020, 7:16 PM

Gonna find a way to blame Hilary next?

Re: But but Obama.

Mar 15, 2020, 7:47 PM

Epstein didn’t kill himself.

Link?***

Mar 15, 2020, 8:11 PM

Re: But but Obama.

Mar 15, 2020, 11:23 PM [ in reply to Re: But but Obama. ]

Neither did Seth Rich.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2020, 8:06 PM

Agree 1000% LBB.......POTD.....Go Tigers!!!!

Mar 15, 2020, 8:43 PM

Hard to know how much prevention is too much but I really think we can’t be too careful with this based on what is happening in Italy and other areas. Better safe than sorry if this article is what it is really like in Italy

I thought you would be interested in this story I found on MSN: ‘Shut It Down’: Colorado Woman In Italy Issues Stark Warning On Coronavirus http://a.msn.com/01/en-us/BB11apv6?ocid=se

Where are you getting these numbers

Mar 15, 2020, 9:15 PM

More people have died from the flu this year,
True. then again we can't go back In time and have those people tested for 19.
They could have died from it and not the flu

More people may end up dying gettin 19 because there is no vaccine. Many people get flu shots every year which keeps the number down in the us.

China ...and Europe have perfectly shown what happens when you don't react fast enough.

The toilet paper syndrome is a head scratcher.

The government is constantly regulating automobiles ...and traffic to reduce casualties

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Mar 15, 2020, 9:39 PM

Lets start with this... https://youtu.be/KVeDKuHPDK8

Mar 15, 2020, 9:39 PM

Lets start with this... https://youtu.be/KVeDKuHPDK8

Mar 16, 2020, 2:56 AM

Yeah moron. Not as many people have the coronavirus as the flu. The mortality rate for the coronavirus it at least 9 times more deadly. Thats in a good situation like South Korea.

Most of the time you are a harmless old crank repeating old news,

Mar 16, 2020, 3:24 AM

but please don’t weigh in on something you know nothing about and repeat Fox News talking points.

One CDC model

Mar 16, 2020, 5:33 AM

estimates between 200,000 and 1.7m deaths in the US over the course of one year. That’s obviously a fluid projection, but you should be aware that the risk is extremely serious.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/487489-worst-case-coronavirus-models-show-massive-us-toll

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm calling 'FAKE NEWS!'

Mar 16, 2020, 6:31 AM

Are those two modeling adult diapers or what?

Wait, I thought I was in the lunge.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One CDC model

Mar 16, 2020, 7:18 AM [ in reply to One CDC model ]

User Logo
ATLOrange®
Orange Blooded [2644]
TigerPulse: 100%
One CDC model [1]
Posted: Mar 16, 2020 5:33 AM

estimates between 200,000 and 1.7m deaths in the US over the course of one year. That’s obviously a fluid projection, but you should be aware that the risk is extremely serious.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/487489-worst-case-coronavirus-models-show-massive-us-toll

if it pretty much only effects the elderly as far as death rates that is a lot of old people getting ready to bite the dust.

Re: One CDC model

Mar 16, 2020, 7:29 AM

It doesn’t “only affect old people”. The death rates are much higher for old people, but there will be young people that die as well. Those 20 or younger seem pretty well protected. 50% of ICU patients in France with Covid-19 are < 60 years old.

How old are you?

Mar 16, 2020, 1:13 PM

Minimize the virus at your own risk.

Mar 16, 2020, 10:41 PM

Please do something to convince me you’re not as dumb as your posts.

Mar 16, 2020, 10:42 PM

with majority of those 50+ deaths at same nursing facility with average age around 80..

while entire economy here has been wrecked beyond belief.

Oh, guess how many thousands of Americans have died in auto deaths already..with SC leading the way!

Saying, makes you wonder about gross fear and how humans can act like...

Well you know, buying up toilet paper by the reams.

PS: Read today that Obama Administration didn’t send out distress signals for months concerning the Swine Flu which killed 17,000+ Americans.

Please do something to convince me you’re not as dumb as your posts.

Bill, how would you feel if you favorite QB contracted COVID-19?

Mar 16, 2020, 11:19 PM

Yeah..when you think about Joe Burrow getting sick, I bet things take on a different perspective.

In all seriousness, we will get past 22k soon enough here in the US with this thing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic