Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sad that Martavis has to go through this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 129
| visibility 1

Sad that Martavis has to go through this

Oct 25, 2017, 6:23 PM

because he smoked a little weed. He was very productive his first two years, suspended for doing something that causes much less harm than alcohol and prescription pills which are legal, reinstated and told he needs to be “reaclimated”....

His career is going down the drain because of our societies stupidity regarding marijuana.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, it's going down the drain because he's an idiot...

Oct 25, 2017, 6:25 PM

don't like the rules, he don't have to play, but let's blame everyone else because he's stump stupid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, it's going down the drain because he's an idiot...

Oct 25, 2017, 6:29 PM

You would think that after all the trouble he has been in he would keep his mouth shut. He got what he deserved.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2017, 9:23 AM [ in reply to No, it's going down the drain because he's an idiot... ]

And this is the worst part....

Self righteous prigs calling the man an "idiot" and getting TU's left and right for it.

I bet if you saw an NFL player at the bar throwing back shots of Jack Daniels you wouldn't call him an idiot even though that is WAY more detrimental to his health and on field production....

Took you all night to find the stones for this tripe/pap?

Oct 26, 2017, 9:32 AM

Maybe if you and he had fewer in your head, more in your breeches, you'd realize the young man has had people wrapping him in swaddling clothes since HS and it is NOT working.

I believe I care for the young man more than any worthless prig coddling him on his way out the door and into some fantasy league trivia question about who was the idiot in Pittsburgh that pissed-hot to a 1 plus year suspension, then bit the very hand that stood by him until not even the CFL would touch him?

It appears prep school, kids, college suspensions, work-place suspensions and now demotions just don't make an imprint on some.

Maybe it's time to effect some real change, because hope & prayer seem to have lost the day. He's not where he is because he's particularly astute of his tenuous situation.

Idiot is kind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Took you all night to find the stones for this tripe/pap?

Oct 26, 2017, 9:42 AM

Idk anything about his high school days or upbringing.....I just know his career was going well until an outdated, backwards, ridiculous rule lost him a year of his employment.

The days should be long gone where an employer has the right to demand that an employee can not do something in the sanctity of his own home that has never claimed the life of a single person on this planet.

None of that matters and trying to blame others for Tay

Oct 26, 2017, 9:57 AM

being an idiot in transgression of the stated rules is beyond patently stupid.

Go kneel, picket, peacefully protest, march until you effect the changes you're looking for, however and in the mean time, tackle the moron too stupid to follow them, because they were no secret. He needs to take inventory of what he has, could have and that which will be lost. Hopefully he checks his ego at the door and puts his faith in good people, good folks trying to show Tay a better way, because his mistakes are not limited to pissing Chernobyl. He's been a young person in a man's body making mistakes or showing shortcomings since he was a HS prospect. Someone needs to slap the Capri Sun out his #### had before it's too late.

If Tay wants to smoke weed the rest of his days, then rage against the machine via social media, skip PTA meetings of his 2 kids born out of wedlock because he's overly sensitive about the predicament he and no one else put himself in, then gawd bless his little cotton socks.

That's his right until it runs contrary to the stated laws of the land.

The NFL is the private sector, you don't have to like the rules, just follow them. It's amazing how many players know it's a privilege and don't have any issue running afield of those clearly stated rules.

He needs new friends, because you, yours and the ones he seems to rely on now are doing him no good.

Re: None of that matters and trying to blame others for Tay

Oct 26, 2017, 10:26 AM

What's the part about "go kneel, picket" and all that #### got to do with Tay?

I think I know why you said it and where it comes from, I just want to make sure before I respond

It did not have to do with ~Tay, it had to do with JHop

Oct 26, 2017, 10:40 AM

being miffed at the situation/rules.

If he doesn't like the rules/situation, there are a myriad of ways JHop and/or anyone else that disagrees with the NFL, NFLPA & owners and those rules, could go about effecting the changes they desire.

says the guy coming off of an involuntary vacation

Oct 26, 2017, 1:47 PM

;)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha, nothing involuntary about it, I knew the price and was

Oct 26, 2017, 1:53 PM

glad to pay it.

I've been none to shy telling Bmeist as much about other of my "suspensions" or personal badges of honor. He appreciated my candor, but still asked me not to post pigs of scantilly clad wimmins anymore.

How goes Shack? GT in the sites now.

Have a pleasant one.

Re: None of that matters and trying to blame others for Tay

Oct 26, 2017, 10:45 AM [ in reply to None of that matters and trying to blame others for Tay ]

You're missing the point and that is that in 2017 it shouldn't be ok in society for one human being to tell another he can't do something that is much, much less harmful than some of the things that are perfectly legal....I don't really have a dog in the fight so I won't kneel or form a picket line over this but if I get on here and see a bunch of grown men looking down their nose at another over this issue I'm going to show you where you're wrong. Just because a "private sector" chooses to enforce a ridiculous rule doesn't mean it is right and shouldn't be changed.

No, I'm not, I get the point and there is NO point as the

Oct 26, 2017, 10:55 AM

rules exist today.

Whether they are right, wrong or indifferent, they ARE and therefore rigidly enforced.

Keep telling yourself they are reprehensible and morally/socially wrong, and you'll continue to be disappointed, upset and "angry", while Tay sits out a once promising career on some far away couch, dead dig broke.

Until you get passed what should be and wrap your mind around what is and WHY that's all that matters, you'll continue to support Tay's idiocy in this.

Also, pissing hot is not Tay's only shortcomings, they started long before the NFL sat his silly ### on the bench. It's a pattern, one that needs to be addressed. Just because you're not aware of his issues prior to countless failed tests, doesn't make them less important to the whole. It all matters and seems to lead to his pouting and worse.

There are all kinds of rules in society, not all of them are about dirty tests, but how you man up and take responsibility for those personal failures, while not lashing out at people that stood by you through your trials.

Tay let Tay down, let his team down, had responsibility to family and now he's crying a petulant child because life can be hard.

HOPEFULLY, someone saves Tay from Tay before it's too late.

Re: No, I'm not, I get the point and there is NO point as the

Oct 26, 2017, 11:49 AM

It’s a good thing we’ve had people in history that didn’t just mindlessly follow rules that were blatantly wrong.

Like I said, Martavis’ career was going great regardless of his past mistakes until he was sidelined for doing something less harmful than a Big Mac from McDonald’s.

Re: No, I'm not, I get the point and there is NO point as the

Oct 26, 2017, 11:53 AM

Those people that didn't mindlessly follow rules that were blatantly wrong were still arrested/faced consequences for their actions, correct?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, because the expectations and responsibility that comes

Oct 26, 2017, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Re: No, I'm not, I get the point and there is NO point as the ]

with being paid millions of dollars by his employer, the NFL, are somehow congruent with rightful and equal treatment under the law?

It's a privilege, just like driving, but after spending years in Chicago dealing with the system, the Secretary of State and too many like you that don't realize the real difference, I'm not the least surprised.

Anyway, I believe we want Tay to be successful and not "####" away his career. I hope he gets it straightened out before someone makes that decision for him.

Re: Yes, because the expectations and responsibility that comes

Oct 26, 2017, 1:12 PM

You’re still missing the point.

There are MANY things that Martavis could have done that would be more detrimental to his health and his production that wouldn’t have gotten him fired. That should be the issue.

Stupid laws have been overturned in the past and there are still a few more that need to go, unfortunately people have to suffer the consequences along the way and Martavis is one of them.

No, I'm not and you being purposefully obtuse, born in the

Oct 26, 2017, 1:43 PM

shallow end of the gene pool and/or intellectually bereft doesn't make "it" or me so.

I get it, I've always understood yours and others' ideal or in-a-perfect-world routine, and I also get that you equating a rule of employment with Rosa Parks is patently stupid.

I personally don't want to see Tay out of work and my personal feelings as to whether the NFL's rules are morally/socially reprehensible, even, other or not, will NOT KEEP TAY FROM LOSING HIS J O B.

What I'd rather see is Tay manage his issues as it relates to the real world and not some pipe dream as to how it, you or anyone else feels it should be, including being a spoiled child crying his way onto the Scout Team.

You continue to live the dream and until it changes real people such as Tay who want to enjoy the privilege and all its fruits of the NFL, other employment, driving or playing for Dabo Swinney and Clemson[it's a privilege, he's said it many times], will continue to be shown the door.

There is NO constitutional right involved and if you don't have a dog in the fight, then maybe stop typing your nonsense because you clearly stated you lack the conviction to actually do something about it.

Until it changes, no help from you apparently, Tay and everyone else that hope to enjoy the privilege will be held accountable, no matter what you or others feel might be your personal utopia.

Big Mac = OK
Weed = un OK

Right, wrong or indifferent I hope Tay digs a good ditch, because that's what weed and the petulant child routine might get him if he continues to cry me a river because the privilege to play in the NFL and the rules associated with such might somehow seem/be/are unjust.

It just doesn't matter if success in the NFL is what's most important. If it's not and Tay would rather be the poster-child of NFL stupid, while almost all the rest "get it" in spite of their personal feelings, then god speed.

In the mean time, someone pass the tissues while you and others cry about the terrible, unsavory and unfair world.

Good luck.

Re: No, I'm not and you being purposefully obtuse, born in the***

Oct 26, 2017, 1:45 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: No, I'm not and you being purposefully obtuse, born in the

Oct 26, 2017, 2:28 PM [ in reply to No, I'm not and you being purposefully obtuse, born in the ]

Keep insulting me. It just shows how unreasonable and self righteous people on your side of these kind of arguments are.

Rewind half a century and replace "Martavis Bryant" with "Rosa Parks" and you'd be screaming for her to quit crying about the unfair world and just get to back of the bus.....IT'S THE LAW BY GOD!

Tay hasn't dug a ditch, the government dug it, the NFL threw him in it and people like you are kicking the dirt on him.....

We shouldn't even be having this discussion because Martavis Bryant never should have been suspended and the funny part about the whole thing is the Steelers lost a dang good receiver. The weed obviously wasn't affecting his performance because he balled out his first two seasons. Now he's being treated like a crack head by his coach and I don't blame him for being frustrated.

You broke that seal with your first response and unless

Oct 26, 2017, 2:33 PM

you have something different, you have nothing at all. You don't need me to make you look stupid.

Here you go precious.

Oct 26, 2017, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Re: No, I'm not and you being purposefully obtuse, born in the ]

I have the perfect solution you and Tay move to Cod-a-rod-o (Beano Cook) and both of you can puff the magic dragon until your eyes roll back in your head.

Oct 26, 2017, 9:08 PM

We can do that now. Not that hard to find a bag weed. In fact it has been decriminalized in most states which makes it even more stupider that the guy was suspended for an entire year over it.

Oct 26, 2017, 9:30 PM

it’s hard to believe you’re continuing this. or, maybe not. if you truly believe this, then you have a lot to learn - and not about weed. the weed has no bearing, it’s conduct and behavior - whether i agree or disagree on the weed laws. weed is fine - i’ve had plenty in my life. but, if my livelihood is at stake and i need to chill for awhile, then the weed would stop. fairly simple concept. it’s him being asinine calling out a rookie player and his employer out on social media. what part of that don’t you get?? if you act like an a$$, you get treated like one. this is a lame argument about weed. you can be suspended, or hurt for a year, come back, and perform. many players have accomplished that feat. it’s called discipline, work, and following rules. you cannot possibly be this obtuse to not see this had everything to do with childish behavior on 3 occasions, and then, the icing on the cake - acting like a total ##### to your team, your coach, and your employer on social media. cannot be more clear. think about all the players hurt or suspended and came back. there are many examples. you either get it or you don’t

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Oct 26, 2017, 10:54 PM

“It’s not about weed”

Um, the conduct and behavior that lost him a year of employment was the fact that he tested positive for THC. So it’s all about the weed....

He never should have been suspended. Its the height of stupidity that players can use tobacco and alchohol, two of the leading causes of death, but they can’t smoke a joint.

That’s what needs to change. Not Martavis Bryant because his career was going fine.

Oct 27, 2017, 3:55 PM

Well if you are making millions playing a game, and your employer has rules against marijuana, then if you want to keep being payed...you follow the rules. The company I worked for did random drug tests on employees and marijuana in the cut hair samples would get you terminated...and I made 30 dollars an hour. Wheather I agreed with the rules or not, I was bound by them.

Oct 26, 2017, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Took you all night to find the stones for this tripe/pap? ]

Magically most of the rest of the league has no problem following the #### rules.

How about a little personable responsibility.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Oct 26, 2017, 10:47 AM

Most of the black people back in the day didn't argue about the "law of the land" that said they had to ride in the back of the bus.

Who did that Rosa Parks think she was anyway?

Oct 26, 2017, 10:59 AM

So because Tay can't smoke weed anymore the league is racist? Or is weed being illegal a racist law?

Not sure where you're going here or why you feel the need to compare smoking weed to a woman who stood up to an actual social issue.

Oct 26, 2017, 11:51 AM

Yea man the league is racist. That’s what I said.

Oct 26, 2017, 11:52 AM

Well, I mean that's how it comes off when you say that lol.

Oct 26, 2017, 12:16 PM

The point was it was a ridiculous law, but is was in fact a law.

I’m sure there were people back then saying Rosa Parks needed to drop her attitude and submit to the authority which in this case was city of Montgomery, Alabama.

Oct 26, 2017, 12:18 PM

The fact that you are trying to compare Civil Rights issues to laws on Weed is flat out idiotic.

I am for legalization of Pot but that is just moronic.

Oct 26, 2017, 1:28 PM

The bus segregation law was brought up in response to the “its the law period” attitude that people take in approach to Martavis’ situation. Same principle. He was the victim of a law that shouldn’t be enforced.

Oct 26, 2017, 2:47 PM

Yes, but that law was against Civil Rights, pot being illegal is not.

Oct 26, 2017, 3:42 PM

True but the point still remains.

Martavis is suffering the consequences of a bogus law and being portrayed as some kind of slacker when he in fact was a very productive football player.

That's the point here. The response that "well he was still breaking the law" is not a good one because he was breaking a law that shouldn't be on the books.

Oct 26, 2017, 4:46 PM

Ok, how about the point that he was busted smoking weed but suffered no criminal penalties? However, per the NFL drug policy that he was fully aware of when he signed his contract giving up his right for a claim against said suspension.

No, that response is the only response because it is the only way it works. People do not get to pick and choose which laws to follow because that's not the way the world works.

Oct 26, 2017, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Took you all night to find the stones for this tripe/pap? ]

It was in fact a law, a socially wrong law aimed at a minority community.

However, weed is illegal whether you are white, black, Latino, Asian, etc. There is where the disconnect in your comparison is.

Oct 26, 2017, 12:51 PM

You’re highlighting a detail that is different about the situation to avoid acknowledging that both are ignorant laws that shouldn’t effect citizens and especially not all but ruin their careers.

Oct 26, 2017, 2:49 PM

No, I'm in fact not. I'm highlighting a point that that law was wrong because it was incredibly wrong and actually had a negative effect on a portion of the American population.

The laws concerning pot do not infringe on social human rights.

Oct 26, 2017, 3:43 PM

It's infringing on Martavis Bryant's right to work....

Both laws are wrong....one being more wrong doesn't make the other any less wrong.

Oct 26, 2017, 4:43 PM

It is most certainly not infringing on his right to work, because he CHOSE TO SIGN A CONTRACT AGREEING TO NOT SMOKE WEED.

You can argue the law is wrong but guess what, it's still a law you have to follow unless you CHOOSE to break the law in which case you are CHOOSING to accept any consequences that may follow.

Notice, one word is in all caps here.

Oct 27, 2017, 4:08 PM

Not only is the legality of marijuana not key here, it is irrelevant. The rules on substance abuse are rules that were agreed to in a collective bargaining agreement that the union members voted for. The majority of the league voted for THC to be banned and also voted for what the penalties would be for not following the rules.

Oct 26, 2017, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Took you all night to find the stones for this tripe/pap? ]

Wow... I hope you didnt pull a muscle with that stretch.

Your comparing this issue to the Civil Rights Movement

Oct 26, 2017, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Took you all night to find the stones for this tripe/pap? ]

is either myopic or racist in itself. You should be embarrassed, and I feel bad for people who have to listen to you on a daily basis. I hope you're 12 and just don't know better.

I have that same rule, I test positive for pot and i lose my

Oct 26, 2017, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Took you all night to find the stones for this tripe/pap? ]

job. So guess what, I don't smoke pot. Not that ####### hard. And I'm not throwing millions away like Martavis is possibly doing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2017, 2:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Took you all night to find the stones for this tripe/pap? ]

First, it's a law, not a rule. There is a difference with the exception of a few states. Second, employees choose to try to work for a company under said organizations rules. Don't want to comoly, go deliver pizzas. On the rare occasions I found one of my Marines had smoked, I had zero tolerance for it and recommended discharge, no its ands or buts. It's not hard to follow rules if you want something bad enough. It is pointless to argue about your alcohol or prescription drug point because again = Legal. Too much of anything is bad, yeah, we get it. People Huff diesel fuel, should we stop making big trucks?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HE BROKE THE LAW.

Oct 26, 2017, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: No, it's going down the drain because he's an idiot... ]

There are consequences for that. Our opinions on marijuana or how society treats it don't mean #### when it comes to what's legal and what's not.

Oct 26, 2017, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Re: No, it's going down the drain because he's an idiot... ]

Not the same. Alcohol is legal. Not sure what you don't understand. I have 0 problems with weed. I used to smoke it like it was my job, rules are rules man.

Oct 26, 2017, 2:39 PM

That's the absurd part. Alcohol only kills a few thousand people a year, yet I can go right down the road and buy as much of it as I want.....

#### positive for weed though and it can ruin your life even though there is not one death recorded that can be directly attributed to it.

First page on Google search...

Oct 26, 2017, 5:51 PM

What was that about no one dying from those who get high off Mary Jane?

https://www.today.com/health/driving-while-high-marijuana-causing-spike-fatal-accidents-t91746

Re: First page on Google search...

Oct 26, 2017, 6:47 PM

https://drugabuse.com/marijuana-vs-alcohol/

Re: First page on Google search...

Oct 27, 2017, 7:53 AM

That link doesn't change the fact that you said there has not been one death associated with Weed which is complete and utter bull ####.

It's a simple rule...

Oct 26, 2017, 5:47 PM [ in reply to No, it's going down the drain because he's an idiot... ]

Don't smoke weed for 6-8 years and get paid about $20 million for it... seems like a good compensation

Re: Sad that Martavis has to go through this

Oct 25, 2017, 6:26 PM

His career is going down the drain because of his inability to learn from his mistakes and selfishness. It has nothing to do with society.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

He's always had a lot more problems than just smoking weed

Oct 25, 2017, 6:27 PM

What makes him need to keep smoking weed is one of them.

That is the most moronic, idiotic nonsense...

Oct 25, 2017, 6:37 PM

I've read on here in quite awhile. Are you seriously trying to make him to be the victim in this? I don't think even HE believes that he's being persecuted for his illegal drug use. HE'S the one who's blown it time after time and gotten chance after chance. He needs to be thankful for the opportunity he's got, keep his dumb mouth SHUT, and work hard to regain his viability. Evidently he's smoked himself into irretrievable brain death.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That is the most moronic, idiotic nonsense...

Oct 25, 2017, 6:46 PM

He never should have been suspended. Players can drink and take pills but they can’t smoke a joint.....

It’s the height of stupidity and an adult shouldn’t have their career all but ruined because they choose to do something that has zero effect on their performance.

Oct 25, 2017, 6:50 PM

Dumb...the rules are the rules...

Oct 25, 2017, 8:16 PM

So if your boss comes in tomorrow and says new rule, anyone who gets a speeding ticket is laid off for a year you would be like “well rules are rules”?

Doubt it....

What about deflating a football oh wait***

Oct 25, 2017, 8:29 PM

Dumb or not you still have to play by the rules if you want

Oct 26, 2017, 7:25 AM [ in reply to Re: That is the most moronic, idiotic nonsense... ]

to play! Simple as that!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, IF I wanted to keep my job. COMMON SENSE!***

Oct 26, 2017, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: That is the most moronic, idiotic nonsense... ]

Oct 26, 2017, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: That is the most moronic, idiotic nonsense... ]

Most people with even a small brain would not compare speeding to drug use.If your boss came in and told you drug use was against the rules and you then used drugs who would you blame?Im sure a lot of numb nuts would try and blame someone and not their own stupidity.

Oct 26, 2017, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Re: That is the most moronic, idiotic nonsense... ]

If I get a speeding ticket on the job....I can be fired.

Oct 26, 2017, 12:00 PM

Martavis didn’t smoke weed on the sideline between plays.....

He probably did it sitting in his living room watching Friday. That got him a suspension but if he would have went to the bar and it hammered we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

Oct 26, 2017, 12:03 PM

And how do you know he didn't do it before practices, team meetings, etc.?

The job of a football player goes far beyond that of the 3.5 hours they play on Sundays.

Also, your point was about a policy stating if you get a speeding ticket you're laid off for a year, which this poster stated is a real thing that happens except you get fired.

Oct 26, 2017, 12:23 PM

Well if he did more players need to start because he “lit it up” his first two years.

There is a difference in doing something on the job which there’s no reason to believe he did and doing something on your own personal time.

Oct 26, 2017, 12:25 PM

There is a difference in that, however, there are also things like moral clauses that even include what a person does on their own time.

Oct 26, 2017, 12:53 PM

Moral issues?

I thought this was just about “the law”? Now an employer has the right to reprimand an employee for not living up to a moral standard?

Oct 26, 2017, 1:09 PM

"Now an employer has the right to reprimand an employee for not living up to a moral standard? "

Many do so yes... Do you not have a job? If you post a bunch of hateful #### online on your own social media you can be fired.

Oct 26, 2017, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Re: That is the most moronic, idiotic nonsense... ]

You know people have been fired for what they've tweeted correct?

If you don't know what a moral's clause is I suggest you research it.

And also, as someone stated earlier the NFL is in the private sector, when you work for a company in the private sector then yes, they can have policies and procedures that extend past the work place.

Oct 26, 2017, 7:43 PM

Yea judging by what he is saying on here I am not sure Jhop has ever had a meaningful job.

Oct 26, 2017, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Re: That is the most moronic, idiotic nonsense... ]

You might be right. But if I get too many points on my license I can lose my job too. Does not matter when I got those points....even on my own time. They would determine I am too risky of a driver. They either put me in an office and won't let me drive on the job or they fire me.

The reality is that what I do in my personal life can impact my work life. I know the rules....and if I appreciate my job I follow them.

I could go on and on about how my job can dictate what I do in my personal life. This was just one example. I happen to be pro legalization even though I have never touched the stuff. But until it is legal....you have to follow the rules.

Oct 26, 2017, 2:34 PM

I understand where you're coming from and I respect your opinion. However, I think this situation is much bigger than one man's choice not to follow the rules. This is about a man being stripped of his right to work and support his family and his career being put in jeopardy over an absurd law. That shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Oct 26, 2017, 3:41 PM

This about an idiot who chooses not to follow established rules and then some more nuts try to reason why he shouldn’t have any problem with his employer sitting his drug taking rear end on the bench.Tell him to get a life,quit drugs play ball and show his employer he is past the drugs.Dont post dumb crap about how your being held down while making big bucks.Team should cut his worthless #### and let him find work at a burger king

Oct 26, 2017, 3:50 PM

His employer lost a good receiver....because that's exactly what Martavis' drug taking butt was....

You sound like one of those people who drink themselves stupid every weekend but look down on people who smoke weed.

Oct 26, 2017, 4:53 PM

People can drink themselves stupid as much as they want to because it's legal. However, if they get behind the wheel of a car (a choice they make) then it is illegal.

The issue here isn't whether or not weed is dangerous, it's the fact that it violates the NFL Drug Policy, something Martavis fully knew when he signed his contract stating he would follow said policy.

What are you trying to accomplish by keeping this

Oct 26, 2017, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Re: That is the most moronic, idiotic nonsense... ]

going on this board? Why don’t you contact the Pittsburg Steelers who can answer your questions! Pretty simple.

Oct 26, 2017, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Re: That is the most moronic, idiotic nonsense... ]

Many jobs that require you to drive and be on Company insurance require you to keep a decent driving record so guess what yes you can lose your job via speeding ticket.

Oct 25, 2017, 6:38 PM

As a person who is pro legalization and also thinks it's a way overblown when alcohol, tobacco and prescription drugs are rampant...

Dude was well aware of the rules and what he had to do and was given two chances.

Further, this isn't about pot anymore (unless he tests positive a THIRD time). This is now about the same #### poor, me first attitude he's had since high school, which led him to prep school, being suspended multiple times at Clemson and in the pros.

He won't get my sympathy. Not one bit.

Oct 25, 2017, 6:43 PM

I agree his attitude doesn’t seem to be good but his latest transgression is worst than what he got suspended for and he never should have been in the first place.

Oct 25, 2017, 6:46 PM

His latest transgression would have landed him here regardless of suspensions.

There are guys who physically abuse people that are starting in the league. Know why, because at the very least they shut up and play for their team.

Until Martavis figures out it's not about him, he won't succeed. And it also won't matter if marijuana is or was involved.

It's clear to most, and you should take note, that pot was never the problem in the first place.

The problem is and always has been his entitlement.

Oct 25, 2017, 8:17 PM

Well the pot is what lost him a year of employment so....

Oct 26, 2017, 10:34 AM

Im pretty sure his decision making cost him a year.

it's not about the weed

Oct 25, 2017, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Sad that Martavis has to go through this ]

Unfortunately Martavis seems like the type of guy who can't avoid trouble and sabotaging himself. We all know people like that.

If weed was legal he would find another way to set himself back, that's just the type of character he has. He went through one of the strongest character development programs in the country at Clemson and still has issues. Imagine had he gone to somewhere like Louisville?

He wouldn't HAVE to go through this if...........

Oct 25, 2017, 6:43 PM

he knew how to follow rules and do the smart thing. You'd think after he went through everything he went through sitting out last season that he would have wised up.

No, he's just another immature guy with an ego.

Stupidity is blaming everybody else!***

Oct 25, 2017, 6:45 PM

Sad? How about annoyed and disappointed...

Oct 25, 2017, 6:49 PM

The kid has a God-given gift few of us will ever have and he is starting to squander it...

He left Clemson earlier than he had because he knocked a couple of different women up and has several mouths to fed...

He strikes pay dirt and lands on a team with a QB that is tall and can get him the ball and was doing so before he efffed up smoking dope...

He is extremely lucky to still be in the NFL as few people make it back.

He has missed a lot of time and needs to earn his way back and is not willing to do the work it takes and can't keep his opinions to himself...

Sad? No way..

He needs to MAN UP

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Well he knows the rules and he’s chosen to break them so

Oct 25, 2017, 7:10 PM

He’ll have to live with the result. The really sad thing is he’s more committed to a recreational drug than his career.

Far out man! Pass the Doritos!***

Oct 25, 2017, 7:17 PM

this is not about weed

Oct 25, 2017, 7:23 PM

it’s a bogus rule, but it’s a rule. this is more of an indictment on society, as a whole, spouting off dumb #### on instagram, twitter, or any of the other crap people spout off on. a fan forum is one thing - everyone in the world does not see it. and, it’s usually anonymous. all these idiots spouting on facebook, twiiter, instagram, etc. is fast-tracking the decline of this country. he’s a byproduct of this immoral, few minute of fame, attention seeking generation. he deserves this punishment - and his employer acted accordingly. he better wake the f up.

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: this is not about weed

He deserved punishment for calling out a teammate I agree.....but I don’t like Tomlin’s comments that he needed to be “reaclimated”. That’s a bunch of crap. The bogus rule is what put him in this situation wen his habit obviously not effecting is play.

Now wait a minute, Jhop.

Oct 26, 2017, 7:36 AM

If you sign a contract which stipulates policy, guidelines, rules and regulations in the specifications and you violate the rules, regulations or the guidelines you're asking for trouble. It's not as if they waited until after Bryant signed a contract to make pot illegal and against policy. The year off was so he would sort himself out and stop smoking pot.

They didn't single him out to suffer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Now wait a minute, Jhop.

Oct 26, 2017, 9:18 AM

My issue is with the policy. Players can go to the bar and get as drunk as they well please which is proven to do WAY more harm to their body, but a productive player like Martavis has to lose a year of employment AND set his career back over pot. It's the height of stupidity and to make it worse, his coach treats him like some kind of heroin addict....

Calling out a teammate is unacceptable but I understand his frustration.

Oct 26, 2017, 11:08 AM

But the issue here isn't whether the rule is dumb or bogus, it's that it ultimately is a rule and one that Tay agreed upon by signing a contract.

Oct 26, 2017, 12:01 PM

It should be the issue. But sadly it is not. That’s one problem with society, if people aren’t effected by something it’s a non issue and the people complaining need to sit down and shut up.

Oct 26, 2017, 12:18 PM

If it should be an issue then there are other steps that Tay and others, such as yourself, can go about getting changes made.

However, just because you do not agree with a law, policy, statute, etc. does not give one the right to blatantly ignore those laws and do them anyway because "the law is dumb."

Not to mention, as a employee of the NFL who signed a contract stating he would not smoke weed he loses any grounds to fight back when caught smoking weed that is clearly against company policy.

Oct 26, 2017, 12:26 PM

Right because people who speak out about injustices in society aren’t ridiculed.

Oct 26, 2017, 12:29 PM

What does that have to do with anything I just said?

Because weed being illegal is in no way a social injustice lol.

Oct 26, 2017, 1:05 PM

It is an injustice that the government and employers can take someone’s job for doing something much less harmful than other things that are perfectly legal.

Oct 26, 2017, 1:45 PM

Oct 26, 2017, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Now wait a minute, Jhop. ]

Well, by your logic of arguing that he was suspended for smoking weed then I would say that was pretty harmful to him, maybe he shouldn't smoke and then he would be fine?

When it's legalized (which it should be and taxed because that's a huge revenue stream), then he can blaze up every night. However, until it is he can petition and fight for it to be legalized or he can just not smoke and make a very, very good living.

Oct 26, 2017, 3:54 PM

So all of a sudden Martavis isn't a POS anymore as soon as the government finally overturns the bogus law that made him a POS in the first place....

Like I said, we shouldn't even be having this conversation because Martavis Bryant never should have been suspended in the first place.

Oct 26, 2017, 4:41 PM

I never said he was a POS, nor is anyone else.

He is however dumb for doing something that he knew he would get in trouble for, which I think is a common sense type of thing.

My point is, while things are illegal (bogus or not), you can reasonably expect to suffer consequences if you should decide to break the law.

Here is a simple, two part question: is weed currently illegal in the United States minus Washington State and Colorado, and secondly, is it against the Drug Policy of the NFL to smoke weed?

I'll save you time, the answer is unequivocally yes to both items. Martavis fully knew this as it is not something that can be confused, and he made the choice to violate both the law, and the NFL drug policy. He did his time and can now move forward, however, he has to let himself do that by not being a distraction.

It seems like we won't agree on this issue because you believe in not following laws that we do not agree with. However, one side must win and in this case the side with the law/policy will when until said law/policy is changed. As stated before, if you have the fortitude to get it changed then by all means do work, but it doesn't appear that you do so we will continue with the "Woe is me the law is unfair" argument.

Oct 26, 2017, 6:53 PM

I'm not against following the law, but I'm against the government enforcing laws on us as citizens that make zero sense, and this is clearly one of those cases.

You may have not personally called him a POS but several other posters have in the past and in this thread.

I get it. It's against the law....but it's a stupid law and a law that needs to be changed and it's sad that a productive employee lost his job over something so harmless.

Oct 25, 2017, 7:47 PM

No, he broke team rules. He gets paid to follow the rules.

Oct 25, 2017, 7:59 PM

No druggy should ever be allowed to play.

Oct 25, 2017, 7:47 PM

No, he broke team rules. He gets paid to follow the rules.

Oct 25, 2017, 8:21 PM

You've evidently never had to depend on a stoner having your back inspecting the top of a 150 foot tall smoke stack. Try it some time and get back to me on how it goes.

Re: Sad that Pittsburgh has to go through this***

Oct 25, 2017, 8:25 PM

Hard to feel bad for a millionaire

Oct 25, 2017, 8:27 PM

Dude needs to refocus on what he is paid to do

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Say what?

Try again, this has nothing to do with him smoking weed

The rules are the rules***

Oct 26, 2017, 10:38 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't blame society for his issues..

Oct 26, 2017, 11:11 AM

I'm with you that marijuana should be legal. Such a better option than opioids and theres tons of evidence to back it up. But his use now is his attitude. He went to rehab for depression and now is back In the league but his attitude is holding him back.

Still going to end up making more money than us over the

Oct 26, 2017, 12:14 PM

course of his lifetime.

Re: Sad that Martavis has to go through this***

Oct 26, 2017, 12:33 PM

Oct 26, 2017, 1:22 PM

I agree Weed should be legal for any adult to partake.
I also hate people that get drunk every day but look down their nose at people that smoke.
It's very stupid that Weed is illegal but alcohol is legal.
I have never seen anybody smoke a J and beat the hell out their old lady .
But what you fail to see is that it's against the rules in the NFL.
So I believe I could refrain from smoking and know that it's not as important as making millions.
Heck I have random drug test myself but realize I must take care of my family.

Oct 26, 2017, 1:53 PM

Very telling. Your whole argument revolves around what society has done to poor Martavis. Please!

He knows the rules. They are well covered with all players in the league. Any commentary as to what the policy should be isn't remotely material here. Your post is example of an increasingly common mindset to blame everyone except the individual who is truly responsible for their actions not to mention how incredibly selfish his actions were in hurting the Steelers, the team that drafted him, stood behind him during this, and gave him a pathway back into the league.

Steelers were a playoff team last year. They could have used Martavis' skills, but no. He made a conscious decision to break the rules not one, but three times?

One wonders how your world view impacts your own life. Wouldn't be surprised via your own twisted logic whether you don't have a lot of "bad breaks" in your life that are the fault of others.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2017, 1:54 PM

It doesn't matter what we think. There are rules and they need to be followed. It is 100% his fault and could have been prevented. Trust me......I'd love for him yo get it right. I'm a Steelers fan. This is professional football. He should probably conduct himself as a professional.

He doesn’t HAVE to

Oct 26, 2017, 7:48 PM

He has made several bad choices that have put him in this situation, and probably needs to make only one good decision to get out of it.

Quit talking and acting out, and put everything into earning your way back, Martavis!

Oct 26, 2017, 10:32 PM

Martavis is a member of a labor union, the National Football League Players Association. This union collectively bargains work conditions for its members. These conditions include disciplinary actions their employer may take against a player who violate various provisions of their player contract. The players, through their representatives agreed to these conditions when they ratified the current collective bargaining agreement. There are typically no surprises in collective bargaining agreements. Both sides are interested in having things spelled out in great detail so everyone knows up front what they are agreeing to, or rejecting if they chose not to ratify the agreement. Martavis knew what the result of failed tests would be, and knew exactly what substances he would be tested for. End of discussion. Next CBA cycle maybe the union needs to stand up for getting pot taken off the banned substance list. Under THIS agreement, however, he got exactly what his collectively bargained for contract said he should.

Oct 26, 2017, 11:01 PM

For a substance that harms no one and is not addictive people sure give up a lot to smoke it.
Kinda sounds like your addicted to it.

Oct 26, 2017, 11:07 PM

Can't blame society for his actions. He is not the victim. He could have been a pilot and would've had the same result. Choices took him where he is.

Oct 27, 2017, 1:29 AM

I'm 100% for the legalization of marijuana and both live in (Colorado) and am from (Massachusetts) states with full rec legalization...but while I'm fully for legalization, I don't think we can excuse punishment for breaking rules just because we don't like them. The fact of the matter is Tay knew what the rules are and he made the choice to break them. I wish him nothing but the best moving forward, but every penalty he's received up until now--even if I don't agree with the rules--have been totally self-inflicted and he has no one but himself to blame.

Agree, Tay knew the rules, and broke them not once, but

Oct 27, 2017, 1:08 PM

SEVERAL TIMES OVER. And, we know that this was his free will choice, since weed is not addictive, and does not affect you adversely in any way.

I don't care how much I liked the stuff, I believe I could, and would, lay off it if told (and shown) repeatedly that it was going to cost me my multimillion dollar livelihood.

And if you think it is not involved directly in what is going on now, ask yourself how many other receivers with MUCH better than average starting talent have ever gotten demoted to the practice squad for complaining about touches or general playing time. I cannot recall even one. Yep JHop83, sad that Martavis has to go through this. Sadder yet that he, and even moreso obviously you, can't figure out that it is no one's fault but his own.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2017, 7:28 PM

no one caused it but himself.....he just needs to look in the mirror......Go Tigers!!!!!!!

Oct 27, 2017, 7:32 PM

and no I do not feel sorry for him....cause he blew it.....Go Tigers!!!!!

He’s going through this because he has repeatedly made stupid decisions.***

Oct 27, 2017, 7:34 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Oct 27, 2017, 7:55 PM

Failed to follow the rules. Accept the consequences.

Replies: 129
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic