Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ouch. Losing Carman hurts. Didn't see that one coming.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 459

Ouch. Losing Carman hurts. Didn't see that one coming.

Jan 6, 2021, 10:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems to be an above average amount of ship-jumping.

Jan 6, 2021, 10:31 PM

That game just wasn't right, gents. That, combined with Dabo's media lockdown makes me think there was a whole lot more disharmony on that team and that field than we even knew about. We won't hear about it any time soon, but a year or two down the road, when we make it to the next playoff, some player in an interview will say something about how toxic it was on this 2020 team or something similar and we'll all go "huh"?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From an outside view, we did seem unprepared. That often

Jan 6, 2021, 10:37 PM

indicates internal disharmony. That's two really big 'ifs', and I can't know a thing about either of them, but you very well could be right. Something seemed off all year, except for the ACCCG.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's hard to judge on this year, because covid made the

Jan 7, 2021, 7:51 AM [ in reply to Seems to be an above average amount of ship-jumping. ]

entire situation hard on everyone. I'm guessing that being the 'fun' program in such a year was a slight hinderance, as opposed to the 'all business' program like Alabama. The Tide's approach to a strange season was most likely the only one to maintain a sense of normalcy with what teams had to endure to play.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, Having to wipe down the sliding board after each

Jan 7, 2021, 11:50 AM

slide to keep the cooties off of it probably got old.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: Ouch. Losing Carman hurts. Didn't see that one coming.

Jan 6, 2021, 10:32 PM

Yikes. Good luck big fella. Someone might draft him just for his size, but he has really underwhelmed me, particularly given how highly regarded he was as a recruit. If I'm an NFL GM looking for a LT to protect my franchise... I'm not drafting him. Just being honest.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He couldn’t beat out Mitch Hyatt

Jan 6, 2021, 10:38 PM

And Hyatt wasn’t drafted.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right. What I know about assessing draft status won't fill

Jan 6, 2021, 10:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Ouch. Losing Carman hurts. Didn't see that one coming. ]

a thimble. However, I do not recall a lineman who wasn't first team all conference going pro early. It's the most developmental position on the field, along with QB, and probably more so than that. Maybe the pro grades are saying, "Yeah, you're going in the first two rounds", but that just doesn't sound right. Something is going on there, it seems.

Might be why we got the 5 star OT recruit?

Jan 6, 2021, 10:41 PM

Probably wasn't a surprise to Dabo and the team Carman was going to go pro. I do think he needed more seasoning as a player but wish him well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He won’t be missed.

Jan 6, 2021, 10:54 PM

He was supposed to be the leader of this years’s OL. He may have been the one seasoned member. His performance was underwhelming at best.

He won’t be drafted. He’ll be lucky to play football anywhere on planet earth for more than a year or so. Sorry to talk shît about him, but he really took average to another level this year. The rule of an OLineman’s life: few people should know or hear your name/number. I’m pretty sure the only thing he led the OL in this year was penalties = definitely the king of false starts and holding.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This guy has me scratching my head. So highly recruited and

Jan 6, 2021, 10:55 PM

regarded coming out of HS. But it seemed like he just kinda disappeared or toiled in obscurity his whole time here. I don't recall his play ever being highlighted as outstanding. Mostly I remember him jumping early or getting called for holding. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't know...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Look DSOTM, I don't want to be mean to the kid,

Jan 6, 2021, 10:58 PM

but kids named "Jackson" wear bow ties and have Dads who are congressmen....not really a mean, out for blood lineman name.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe it would be more obvious if he spelled it Jaxon...

Jan 6, 2021, 11:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: maybe it would be more obvious if he spelled it Jaxon...

Jan 6, 2021, 11:06 PM

Oh no, now you just turned him into the fifth child of an upper middle class white mormon stay at home mommy blogger

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On the credit side, he was 2nd team All ACC, and with 5 of

Jan 6, 2021, 11:16 PM [ in reply to This guy has me scratching my head. So highly recruited and ]

those we'd rock. But you are right, it wasn't what he came here looking to do. No shame in that at all. You can't fall out of bed and make 2nd team all conf. But that doesn't explain why he didn't stay and make first team, get drafted. Its a head scratcher.

He spent last Friday night moving backwards

Jan 7, 2021, 7:51 AM

Looking at the performance of our o-line over the past several years, I wonder if he felt staying and working with our o-line coach would hurt more than help. That seems to be the one position where players seem to perform in spite of instead of because of coaching.

That said, I have no clue what I’m talking about other than looking at I see during games with our line versus others.

In the case he didn’t think he was going to get any better, I guess he would have transferred. . . .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

I'm not sure why you didn't see it.

Jan 7, 2021, 7:58 AM

Maybe you're not seeing the articles that I did where writers mentioned that they thought Carman would declare. I've seen a few, even before the playoffs started. It wasn't a given, but several that cover Clemson posited that it was more than a slight probability.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For his sake, I hope the scouts don't watch film on him.***

Jan 7, 2021, 11:51 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Replies: 17
| visibility 459
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic