Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Buzz: Urban Meyer assembling 'What-If' staff to join him at
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 5,742

Buzz: Urban Meyer assembling 'What-If' staff to join him at

Dec 3, 2020, 5:15 PM

Texas:

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/buzz-urban-meyer-assembling-a-what-if-staff-to-join-him-at-university-of-texas

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Buzz: Urban Meyer assembling 'What-If' staff to join him at

Dec 3, 2020, 5:19 PM

Still has Dr note tucked in back pocket though I'll bet. His recovery from his illness will be a Christmas miracle.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2020, 5:23 PM

You mean he would rather go to Texas than USuC ? According to coot fans, their job opening is Number 1 across the land.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They truly are delusional.***

Dec 3, 2020, 5:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

In reality, it's a big load of Number Two.

Dec 3, 2020, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Buzz: Urban Meyer assembling 'What-If' staff to join him at ]

:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would be a HUGE hire for them...

Dec 3, 2020, 5:25 PM

I just wonder if he'll quit on Texas too after afew years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: That would be a HUGE hire for them...

Dec 3, 2020, 5:52 PM

He will be rushed to the hospital with heart problems as soon as that fan base starts giving him a hard time, or if he see trouble coming for something he did, or didn't do!!! Some use covid to get away from their fears, Urkel Meyer uses heart problems!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2020, 8:37 PM

Yep. Great coach, but trouble follows him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2020, 6:00 PM [ in reply to That would be a HUGE hire for them... ]

If he would get them back to where they are nationally relevant, why would they care when he left?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2020, 5:34 PM

Office of the Coach Elect?

Dec 3, 2020, 5:39 PM

He wants to spend more time with his family. They are moving to Austin, so he needs a job there.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2020, 5:45 PM

This link is consistent with that rumor. It's an extremely long link. Wouldn't expect anyone to read it all. I scrolled through it yesterday and posted this summary on my FSU board. Link at bottom of this post.

Summary: Texas is in serious discussions with Meyer. They are working on a deal surpassing anything anybody has ever seen (including aTm) with him. He will be given complete control over the football program, ability to hire not only assistants but also the assistant AD in charge of football, all office staff, virtually anybody that has any role in the football operation.

Comment: As cruel as this sounds, hiring a replacement before firing the current guy, this is the way it is done today. Maybe not to this extent, but a great deal like this. It is not a lot different from a football team negotiating a signing of a free agent to play QB. They don't cut their current QB until they know they have his replacement. You can read the thread and see the details of the rumors if you want to. And, it may all be just rumors. But, don't for one minute think that if Tom Herman is fired and Urban Meyer is hired that the details of Urban's contract were not hammered out and agreed to before Herman was fired.

I have no idea if the rumor is true or not. Just saying that it is not some way out sort of thing that someone just made up but would never happen.

Anybody who thinks that FSU did not start their coaching search before Taggart was fired is naïve. Obviously it wasn't done to near the extent that what is rumored at Texas, but "what if.....just in case" discussions were definitely held.

1. How much is it gonna cost us if we fire our coach?
2. How much is it gonna cost us to hire a new coach?
3. Can we afford it? Which boosters are gonna foot the bill? Do we have a commitment from them?
4. If we hire A, it's gonna cost us this much? Can we do that?
5. If we hire A, he's gonna want these things in his contract? Are we willing to give it to him? What items are negotiable? What aren't?
https://www.hornsports.com/forums/topic/21811-the-coaching-conundrum/

Dec 3, 2020, 7:11 PM

Very true that this is the way it's done now.

Just look at when USUC fired Muschump...uuhh...wait, never mind...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's On! He did the same thing prior to going to 0310 State.***

Dec 3, 2020, 5:51 PM

Dec 3, 2020, 5:54 PM

Does this mean that Herman is now free to head to Cootumbia!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2020, 6:01 PM

HOW CAN THIS BE?
OH THE AGONY.
URBAN TO TEXAS WHEN HE COULD HAVE THE MOST PRIZED JOB IN ALL OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL!
NO,NOT CLEMSON,BUT COOT "U".

He should go to the coots and prove to Spurrier, Holtz

Dec 3, 2020, 7:28 PM

and Dietzel that it isn't the graveyard for former champions...or not

Dec 3, 2020, 8:42 PM

What courage for him to risk his life to help Texas in their hour of need. If true, how can they not give him the Arthur Ashe Courage Award , Time person of the year and a Nobel peace prize.

Dec 4, 2020, 5:13 AM

What courage for him to risk his life to help Texas in their hour of need. If true, how can they not give him the Arthur Ashe Courage Award , Time person of the year and a Nobel peace prize.

LOL! Post of the day and thumbs up!

Dec 3, 2020, 9:25 PM

If he's allowed to hire his own staff, I'm talking A.D. 's and such, how dirty will that program be with basically no one to check him. Austin is super liberal yet will look the other way to hire Urban. Kind of just shows you how hypocritical folks are

Dec 4, 2020, 12:38 AM

This has zero to do with the local politics of Austin. UT alumni and boosters don't give a flip about the city. The university just happens to be located there.

Hope that clarifies.

For some of you, your politics is your identity. That is sad.

Hypocrisy is a common, if not dominant trait...

Dec 4, 2020, 3:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Buzz: Urban Meyer assembling 'What-If' staff to join him at ]

of the liberal; will likely become defensive & agitated, when this is mentioned-

likely he’d end up winning a NC and then leave them worse off then when

Dec 3, 2020, 9:30 PM

He got there. Seems to be his modus operandi

Message was edited by: lovingit®

Dec 3, 2020, 9:41 PM

Does he have a 5 year show cause???

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 5,742
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic