Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lattimore to enter draft.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Lattimore to enter draft.

Dec 10, 2012, 11:34 AM

Good for him. Maybe he can actually play for a team I can root for.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link?

Dec 10, 2012, 11:34 AM

Not doubting you.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Link?

Dec 10, 2012, 11:37 AM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/8732298/marcus-lattimore-south-carolina-gamecocks-enter-nfl-draft-source

funny that Spurlid said he visited him right after.....

Dec 10, 2012, 12:40 PM

the injury and said Marcus told him there was no doubt he was coming back to wear garnet and black.

Best of luck to him.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8570529/marcus-lattimore-promised-return-field-says-south-carolina-coach-steve-spurrier

Message was edited by: TS_Tiger®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Link?

Dec 10, 2012, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Link? ]

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8732298

Sorry for the mobile format

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Smart decision

Dec 10, 2012, 11:37 AM

Hook up as a late round pick, work with the team doctors, get on a practice squad for a year and target 2014 as a "rookie" season. I'd take a flier on him in the 5th or 6th round and pay him to rehab.

Coming back to college only puts an extra year in there. It would take at least 2014 to be 100% and simply because of the injury he'd never be a high round pick again. NFL execs are too nervous to put big money after someone with that kind of injury.

Should RS then try to play a full healthy year

Dec 10, 2012, 11:57 AM

to be a high pick again.

This decision gets him nothing but a guaranteed low pick, if any.

staying @ UCS may get him another injury.***

Dec 10, 2012, 12:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

He's never going to be a high pick again

Dec 10, 2012, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Should RS then try to play a full healthy year ]

The NFL just doesn't roll the dice on their top 3 rounds anymore. Its too expensive. Look at Bowers. He fell because they thought he MIGHT need micro-fracture surgery. With that injury, the best he'd likely ever get would be a 4-5th round.

Thats why it is smart to go pro. He will be relatively cheap to a team now with a tremendous upside if he is able to come back. He'll be able to work with their doctors so the team will know when they can expect him.

Re: Re: Link?

Dec 10, 2012, 11:44 AM

Thanks guys as soon as I posted that it poped up on sportscenter

He is a great player.

Dec 10, 2012, 11:51 AM

Really wish there were more like him in college football.........just not playing for Carolina

Best of luck to him

Dec 10, 2012, 11:53 AM

I don't think he had much else to play for at USC other than risking another year of injury. I wish him well.

Smart decision. Wish him well.***

Dec 10, 2012, 11:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why? How hight do you expect him to get picked?***

Dec 10, 2012, 11:55 AM

The reason Lattimore gets hit in the knees so much is

Dec 10, 2012, 1:31 PM

because he's a tough runner. That's going to happen even more if he comes back to CFB. He might as well go pro now and get whatever he can get. It's going to be a hard row to hoe, but it's better than coming back, getting injured again, and being done for life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good luck to him. He's a great person. Hope he makes bank.***

Dec 10, 2012, 11:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

If the Bucs

Dec 10, 2012, 11:59 AM

My team took him in the 6th I wouldnt be mad.

Re: Lattimore to enter draft.

Dec 10, 2012, 12:23 PM

I heard that he was very upset and embarrassed when Spurrier made Dabo's comments out to be a joke, he lost all interest in playing for the Ole Ball Coach and that is the real reason he is entering the draft. Just goes to show you that this kid has more class than Spurrier can handle!! Good for him!

Dec 10, 2012, 12:39 PM

Has absolutely nothing to do with it. Fact is Marcus has always had a dream to go the NFL and made up his mind before he got hurt that he was going pro after the season.

Dec 10, 2012, 12:38 PM

He made the right choice IMO. I think he goes 3-4 round. Based on what I heard yesterday, playing next season is a possibility if he wants to.

I hope he ends up with a great organization.

Good for him. Wish him the best. No need to be that

Dec 10, 2012, 12:45 PM

jackwagon's work horse any more.

I bet deep down inside, he wishes he would have come to CLEMSON instead of that cess pool.

Good luck to the kid though.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just another example of "Coot Logic"

Dec 10, 2012, 1:44 PM

To have 2 serious knee injuries, don't get a chance to prove you're healthy and then apply to the NFL so you can get put on a practice squad making squat.

Actually, even if he makes the league minimum

Dec 10, 2012, 1:55 PM

he's making almost $400k. If he chooses to do a 1 year contract, he'll get a "real" contract after that.

If he chose to return to SCar this year and had one more leg injury, he'd be making $400k less. For someone that can't afford another injury, leaving now is his best option, even if it means he's on a practice squad for a year.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic