Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Walt Deptula used to say Jalen Hurts would never...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Walt Deptula used to say Jalen Hurts would never...

Jan 3, 2021, 10:18 PM

Play QB in the NFL. I bet if you called him tomorrow to bring that up he would somehow twist it into him saying otherwise or still being right. I don’t think JL has a long term NFL career but 4-6 years, but that’s about the average NFL player career anyway. Plus his contract is 4 years 6 million, if he isn’t an idiot he can be pretty set.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He hates Hurts

Jan 3, 2021, 10:19 PM

for some reason. Almost sounds like a personal thing against him. Used to go on weekly rants about how much he sucked.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. It was over kill.

Jan 3, 2021, 10:21 PM

He would say Kelly Bryant would be an NFL QB over Hurts, wrong in that too. Wikipedia says KB is a free agent... lol. Yea me too.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He also thought Thabeet would be dominant in the NBA, that

Jan 3, 2021, 10:22 PM

JJ Reddick wouldn't be a full time starter and that Josh McRoberts would have to go to Europe to play professionally

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, and makes my point

Jan 3, 2021, 10:24 PM

If you called him tomorrow w those facts he would twist it somehow into him being right.

Re: Walt Deptula used to say Jalen Hurts would never...

Jan 4, 2021, 3:02 AM

Walt Deptula says a lot of things.
Carter has a lot of little liver pills.
Both are irrelevant ,IMO.

Jan 4, 2021, 6:43 AM

I mean I completely agree with you on Deptula but you're really making the case right now on Hurts? Starting out of necessity is a lot different than being a desired starter. Hurts had like 72 yards. If you think his performance is going to keep him as a starter in the NFL, well, ok.

Also, I don't think when Walt said he would never play QB in the NFL he literally meant never. I think he meant he won't be a legitimate NFL QB. Which is really isn't. Like Tebow. People claimed Tebow was amazing when he won one playoff game. Where is he now? This is literally Hurts ceiling.

Jan 4, 2021, 8:44 AM

He said Hurts would never play QB in the NFL.
a. Hurst made an NFL roster as a backup QB. That means he beat out all the other players vying for that same position. Backups are expected to play at some point, especially at the QB position. QB injuries are common.
b. He played.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 8:05 AM

the majority of walts predictions are wrong. when he gets one right he opens up the show by playing a clip of his prediction.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Jan 4, 2021, 8:52 AM

Roll the tape Ramona

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic