Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
He gone
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

He gone

Mar 4, 2020, 10:22 AM

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election/bloomberg-failure-campaign-spending-super-tuesday-results-democrats-a9374346.html?utm_source=reddit.com

After all those millions of dollars

Image result for it's not about the money it's about sending a message gif

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Shame. He was so likable. Gravitas and everything.***

Mar 4, 2020, 10:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are making sure everything gravitates to Joe

Mar 4, 2020, 10:25 AM

but are making Warren stay in to split the progressive votes.

The DNC pulling strings to make sure Bernie gets ###### again.

It's amazing Joe was on his last leg. He wins SC which everybody knew he would. Then all of a sudden moves start being made to ensure he gets the nomination.

Almost like the DNC was waiting for an opportunity to make Joe the front runner and all they needed was one win.

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What?

Mar 4, 2020, 10:41 AM

Why would they leave Bloomberg in on Super Tuesday if they were controlling everything? He took more voters from Biden than Warren took from Bernie. Not everything is a conspiracy just because the super delegates kept Bernie out last year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Him being in didn't hurt Joe as much as Warren hurt Bernie***

Mar 4, 2020, 10:43 AM

How you figure?

Mar 4, 2020, 10:47 AM

Last I saw Warren got fewer votes and delegates last night than Bloomberg. Bloomberg finished third in NINE states while Warren finished third in only five.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What hurt Bernie yesterday was not getting more votes.***

Mar 4, 2020, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Him being in didn't hurt Joe as much as Warren hurt Bernie*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well that's not even close to being correct***

Mar 4, 2020, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Him being in didn't hurt Joe as much as Warren hurt Bernie*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's actually a more reasonable conspiracy theory, and

Mar 4, 2020, 10:44 AM [ in reply to What? ]

it originates with Bloomberg. Basically it suggests that his primary goal was to prevent a Sanders and/or Warren presidency, and he's dropping out now that it appears the mission is accomplished.

Basically if Joe had kept imploding he would have remained in the race, and he was a safety valve.

Not sure I totally buy it, but it's not whacky to the point of improbability.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would have been far better to spend billions from the PAC

Mar 4, 2020, 10:48 AM

to beat Sanders up and promote Biden, Klobuchar or antoher moderate.

Biden is a complete wild card though. I feel like we are

Mar 4, 2020, 10:53 AM

days away from him saying something like "I've always liked the colored ladies" at a rally, and I think that was MB's concern. As for Klobuchar, who knows what he felt about his electability vs hers...there is ego involved, just like most mega-wealthy people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With the way it's shaken out so far, it seems plausible.

Mar 4, 2020, 10:49 AM [ in reply to There's actually a more reasonable conspiracy theory, and ]

Could that have been predicted and executed several months ago to arrive at today? Seems like a longer shot when you look at it that way. But it could have been something similar, like adding Bloomberg as a wildcard with a high-level goal of landing on a moderate non-Bernie/Warren candidate, and an evolving strategy as events unfolded. Add Bloomberg, shake everything up in a box, and you can pull the Bloomberg plug whenever it seems most advantageous to the moderate frontrunner....maaaaaybe?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's kind of how I was considering it. His was a very

Mar 4, 2020, 10:55 AM

highly financed, but low commit campaign. He was able to pull the rip cord at any time and not have it seem weird.

and I should correct my wording.....

Mar 4, 2020, 11:00 AM [ in reply to There's actually a more reasonable conspiracy theory, and ]

not so much a Sanders/Warren presidency as a Sanders/Warren nomination.

I still can't tell if the moderates ultimately don't want them in office if they were to win, or if they just don't want them because they think they can't win.

Probably both***

Mar 4, 2020, 11:36 AM

That's not really a conspiracy theory...it's pretty much...

Mar 4, 2020, 11:01 AM [ in reply to There's actually a more reasonable conspiracy theory, and ]

what he said.

He got into the race to make sure Trump didn't get re-elected and with Biden faltering out of the gate, he didn't want Sanders to get the nomination, assuming Sanders would get killed in the general (which he would).

That's why Bloomberg has said he's paid his infrastructure through November and will make it available to whoever gets the nomination. Hard to see how he would keep that promise if Sanders wins, given what went down over the last few weeks.

Like I said in my follow-up post though............

Mar 4, 2020, 11:04 AM

I honestly can't tell if Bloomberg was more worried that Sanders would lose the election or that he would win.

Two completely different reasons to get in the race, both benefiting Biden.

"making Warren stay in"? Do you really believe that she

Mar 4, 2020, 10:45 AM [ in reply to They are making sure everything gravitates to Joe ]

wants to out, but the DNC is making her (or has convinced her) to stay in the race? Warren likes the spotlight, just like the rest of them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Senator Sanders wants the nomination...

Mar 4, 2020, 11:54 AM [ in reply to They are making sure everything gravitates to Joe ]

he should convince more voters to vote for him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m not sure if you’re serious or not.***

Mar 4, 2020, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Shame. He was so likable. Gravitas and everything.*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not.******

Mar 4, 2020, 10:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It cost us almost $225M for him to run.***

Mar 4, 2020, 10:25 AM

Half a billion dollars and he won American Samoa.***

Mar 4, 2020, 10:27 AM

Re: Half a billion dollars and he won American Samoa.***

Mar 4, 2020, 10:33 AM

[?IMG]

I have heard, but not confirmed, that he makes something

Mar 4, 2020, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Half a billion dollars and he won American Samoa.*** ]

like $106M per DAY off of his Bloomberg machines, so he should recover from this failed half billion dollar campaign by, say, Friday afternoon.

Could have bought American Samoa for that.******

Mar 4, 2020, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Half a billion dollars and he won American Samoa.*** ]

Just emptied the change jar from his laundry room.***

Mar 4, 2020, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Half a billion dollars and he won American Samoa.*** ]

Re: He gone

Mar 4, 2020, 10:28 AM

Let's see what happens with the rest of the $1B he was going to spend and all his infrastructure.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Klobuchar converted her infrastructure to Biden the day

Mar 4, 2020, 10:43 AM

she dropped out.

Bloomberg’s Super PAC will likely be significant.***

Mar 4, 2020, 10:36 AM

he already "bought" 40 reps. His words

Mar 4, 2020, 11:11 AM

wonder why there are no Dems screaming "citizens united" at him?

Re: he already "bought" 40 reps. His words

Mar 5, 2020, 9:38 AM

What has Citizens United to do with a self financed campaign ?

Hey, Here's a thought

Mar 5, 2020, 9:37 AM

Just because things didn't work out the way you wanted or the way you imagined, doesn't mean there is a conspiracy. This can be applied to everything - not just the Dem primaries.

BTW, the sole purpose of the Dem primaries is to pick the candidate that Dems think has the greatest chance to defeat Trump. That is exactly what is going on here.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic