Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A refining fire
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

A refining fire

Jan 17, 2021, 11:15 AM

Sometimes a good wood sheddin' is what it takes to grow and advance. It's a painful process, but it separates impurities and makes the core stronger. It also allows for some introspection.

I recall Clemson beat a highly ranked Auburn team by about the same margin in the round of 16 a few years ago. Auburn made the final four the next year.

Virginia, as a 1 seed, lost by 20 to a 16 seed -- first time ever -- and rebounded to win a national title the next year.

I can point to some ugly football losses that led to remarkable -- and unforeseen -- success that made us all forget the unpleasantness. The Orange Bowl loss to West Virginia. The '75 Carolina game. The '09 Wake Forest game. Even the five-year drought against the Gamecocks, taken as a whole, propelled the program to its current heights.

This is a good team that had a terrible night. Not to make excuses, but mitigating circumstances had to have played a part. But it's just one loss. It doesn't have to ruin the season, and it may actually pay dividends down the road.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A calm, rational voice . . .

Jan 17, 2021, 11:22 AM

tends to get lost on our basketball board . . . but I appreciated it’s resounding tones and message.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A refining fire

Jan 17, 2021, 11:38 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2021, 12:19 PM

Amen jeeves. Best post on Clemson Basketball in several days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He didn't say "refinery" fire

Jan 17, 2021, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Re: A refining fire ]

jus' sayin'

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2021, 12:57 PM

I agree with Jeeves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A good loss for sure.

Jan 17, 2021, 1:58 PM

We get 10-12 of those losses a year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I resent that

Jan 17, 2021, 3:22 PM

Jan 17, 2021, 3:25 PM

Well said, jeeves2.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Well said

Jan 17, 2021, 4:02 PM

TU for an outstanding post! Who in hades TDd this???

Jan 18, 2021, 11:51 AM

I totally agree that when a team gets embarrassed, it creates what is called a come to Jesus moment, and it will bring a team closer together, or it could cause finger pointing. In the next game against a tough opponent, we will see if our team makes a stand together as one!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic