Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Buckeye Bashing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

Buckeye Bashing

Jan 1, 2020, 10:45 AM

I have been reading the posts and think most of these fans feel OSU would have won if not for the bad calls. They all vehemently smash OSU for complaining. But......

Had the TD stood, OSU would have been up by 8 points when Clemson scored that last TD with 1:30 left, according to "YES" (see below)
OSU went to the 30 and threw the interception. Clemson had no time left.
How could they have won??
I know you have seen the stuff going on online, and that many officials have said that call should not have been overrueled.
I think YES thought so also, as he was trying to make Clemsons win plausable.
The refs got the call right, it was the replay booth that was wrong. I will like to see what transpires! If anything will come of it
Just saying, so have at it. If I upset anyone I'm sorry, but that's how I see it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Close Games

Jan 1, 2020, 10:58 AM

The fact is that everyone that's ever lost a close game could say "If every call went our way, we would've probably won." That's accurate, but not realistic. I certainly don't blame OSU fans for feeling a little miffed because calls didn't go their way. I suspect most of them will get over it in time. They've got a great team and a great coach. They'll be back.

The fumble/recovery/TD over-turned call is the least of their complaints. When the referees in the booth take the time to review a play and interpret the rules, then that's the rule. That so many disagree only says to me that they don't understand the rule (heh, me neither). Then, after the game, the officials reinforced that ruling. This is the equivalent of the Supreme Court issuing a ruling on a law. Don't like the ruling? Change the law. But courts, and officials, don't make the rules. They just interpret them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Close Games

Jan 1, 2020, 11:57 AM

Unless they’re liberal justices. Then they make the law.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your base assumption is flawed

Jan 1, 2020, 10:59 AM

Your logic assumes the game would have played out exactly the same if the play stood.

If OSU goes up there, the coaches would not have called the same plays, and used the same strategies, nor would have the players been in the same mental space.

My belief is that TL and the D would have found a way to win. It's what Clemson does.

As an OSU fan you will almost certainly disagree and we will never know.

I will add that OSU was driving, cruising down the field, with the ball and a chance to win. They went after Turner because the had proven Olive could beat him (and because OSU hadn't been able to cram the ball down our throats in the redzone) It was a good call and poorly executed. Would have he caught it if he broke the right direction? Who knows - it didn't happen.

Great game and I look forward to our rivalry in the CFP.

should say

Jan 1, 2020, 11:13 AM

"they had proven Olave (sp?)" Not "the had prove Olive"

Re: Your base assumption is flawed

Jan 1, 2020, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Your base assumption is flawed ]

Just one question.....How do you know???? You are surmising! That's what I have a problem with. It wasn't a "clean" win!

Jan 1, 2020, 7:05 PM

You can’t say that because the whole premise of your argument is an assumption. Clemson had the game mentally won at the half, while OSU went into the locker room in shock. If Clemson had needed more points to win, they would’ve gotten them. It’s just what our team does under this staff. You saw the NO QUIT in our QB alone, but also Justin Ross & Tee Higgins. OSU likely has more NFL talent on both sides of the ball, but the outcome didn’t reflect that. The Clemson culture is above and beyond anything else in college football, and that’s why they’ll win back to back national championships

He did the exact same thing you did.

Jan 1, 2020, 7:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Your base assumption is flawed ]

What if scenarios have infinite outcomes.. People choose the 1 that meets their agenda.

You can have all the problems you want. I'll be on new orleans watching clemson play for a NC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Your assumption shows that you are ignorant about the game of football.

Jan 1, 2020, 7:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Your base assumption is flawed ]

The bottom line is that one QB made the plays when he needed to while the other didn’t. After going down 16-0 Clemson spanked OSU 29-7. Clemson was better especially in crunch time. You’ve been schooled so you can run along now boy.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK I’ll play along, you can have your fumble

Jan 1, 2020, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Your base assumption is flawed ]

I want the first targeting that was not called, and the three pass interference penalties that were not called Against OSU. We still win! you can’t have it both ways brah! you lost, you’re a loser, and get lost...

If you say “what penalties that weren’t called”, go back and rewatch the game, dude. OSU got away with at least 60 yards of penalties and would’ve had another player ejected

OK I’ll play along, you can have your fumble

Jan 1, 2020, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Your base assumption is flawed ]

I want the first targeting that was not called, and the three pass interference penalties that were not called Against OSU. We still win! you can’t have it both ways brah! you lost, you’re a loser, and get lost...

If you say “what penalties that weren’t called”, go back and rewatch the game, dude. OSU got away with at least 60 yards of penalties and would’ve had another player ejected

Jan 1, 2020, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Your base assumption is flawed ]

you’re sitting at home. get the f over it. it’s the best team you’ve had in awhile. you thought, you thought, you thought. stop being such a pansy and roll on cupcake.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jan 1, 2020, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Your base assumption is flawed ]

I agree. If the play stood, the only conclusion is that it was 23-21 at that point. Who knows how the rest of the game would have played out.

It was a great game and one of the hardest hitting that I have observed. Both teams gave it their all and laid it all on the line. The last 3 minutes showed just how close these teams were.

OSU had the lead with 3:07 remaining. A number of bowl games have come down to the last three minutes; either a team held or the other team scored.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

exactly. spot on.

Jan 1, 2020, 6:42 PM [ in reply to Your base assumption is flawed ]

Even if it incorrectly stood, then the entire rest of the game plays out differently.

Regardless, it was either incomplete or possessed and forward progress was halted. Tigers ball either way.

If the refs got the call right (a catch)

Jan 1, 2020, 11:00 AM

why wasn't the receiver called down because of forward motion? When is forward motion supposed to be called? Can the d-back push the receiver 30 yards down the field or until receiver fumbles?

I'm not knocking your post.

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

exactly. not a single supporter of, "it should have been OSU's ball"

Jan 1, 2020, 6:44 PM

has been able to defy this simple fact.

Re: Buckeye Bashing

Jan 1, 2020, 11:03 AM

Ignoring all the no calls that would have given CU an advantage is convenient for your narrative. Spinning it as if calls only went against OSU is ludicrous. Refs completely missed a targeting call, multiple holding calls, and likely others. Refs miss calls all the time. It affects both teams. The calls you complain about were legit so quit griping. Refs didn’t decide the game. Offense and defense did. Move on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 11:05 AM

In the immortal words of Dandy Don Meredith:

"If 'if and buts' were
candy and nuts
we would all have
Merry Christmases"

Jan 1, 2020, 11:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 11:22 AM

Too good! Need to put a big "OSU" on his black shirt. The replay officials have several things at their disposal that we don't get to see. They have many more looks, can see a play frame by frame, then compare to real time from angles we don't get to see, and when looking at the play in real time, the play looks like an incomplete pass with our receiver never having possession. Don't blame referees for that loss. We won, and they lost. Really just that simple.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 11:20 AM

Look, at the end of the game both teams had a chance to win the big game in the final minutes. One team's offense executed and then their defense executed. The other team didn't. No refs no flags. You can't ask for more than that.

The refs ruined everything...

Jan 1, 2020, 11:21 AM

just ask Ryan Day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I’m embarrassed for you right now.***

Jan 1, 2020, 11:20 AM

null

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I’m embarrassed for you right now.***

Jan 1, 2020, 11:23 AM

Me too, Francis!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 11:27 AM

Every play in a game has an impact on the next play, to say a 3rd Qtr score would determine the game is down right silly and shows a shallow understanding of the ebb and flow of the game...the scoop and score could have ignited Clemson to score 3 more times, it could have ignited the buckeyes to smash Clemson....no one knows and it is totally impossible to postulate what would happen..

What we do know is Clemson drove over 90 yards in 4 plays to take the lead late, state drove back and choked and lost the game.

Losers make excuses

Jan 1, 2020, 11:29 AM

I think that turnover replays will continue to be looked at differently than other types of replays.

Officials are resisting blowing the whistle even if they think it was not a fumble and letting the play run itself to conclusion. The worse possible scenario for the refs is to blow a premature whistle and prevents a real turnover - so they don't blow the whistle.

The refs in the replay booth understand this so they view the replay video through different eyes than they would otherwise. They are looking to make the call based on the video - not looking to overturn the call only if there is incontrovertible evidence of it being wrong.

The rules may not acknowledge this, but that is how it is playing out. I think this is a far lesser evil than the early whistle.

There were SEVERAL reasons why 0-4-0 State lost the game...

Jan 1, 2020, 11:37 AM

and ABSOLUTELY NONE of them involved the officials;

1 - OSU had the ball 1st and goal on the Clemson 5 yard line. OSU came away with a field goal

2 - OSU had the ball 1st and goal on the Clemson 8 yard line. OSU came away with a field goal

3 - OSU had the ball 1st and 10 on the Clemson 11 yard line. OSU came away with a field goal

4 - OSU had the ball 1st and 10 on the Clemson 26 yard line. Fields throws an interception.

5 - Day played it safe with a two-point lead on 4th and 4 from the Clemson 39 with 3:27 to play. He elected to punt.

6 - The officials didn't rought the Clemson punter extending a drive

7 - The officials didn't target TL16 (and it absolutely was targeting).

8 - OSU had the lead with just over three minutes to play but Clemson scored the go ahead TD on 4-play, 95 yard, 78 second drive with under a 1:30 to play.

9 - OSU had the ball 2nd and 7 on the Clemson 23. Fields throws his second interception in the end zone in the final minute.

Clemson wins !!!

If 0-4-0 State wants to b!tc# and moan about bad calls, let's take a look at the other illegal hit at TL's knees by the OSU defender and the numerous holding penalties on both the OSU offensive line and defensive backs that were not called.

Clemson still wins so 0-4-0 State fans, the head coach, the AD, and the B1G head of officials need to stop whining and crying like a bunch of prepubescent 12 year old little girls and take the beating like adults.

It's a 60 minute game, not a 25 minute game. 0-4-0 State lost to a better team. Get over yourselves already !!!! You're boring the he!! out of everyone !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: There were SEVERAL reasons why 0-4-0 State lost the game...

Jan 1, 2020, 12:18 PM

Dang I didn't see this before I posted my response but you are spot on.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There were SEVERAL reasons why 0-4-0 State lost the game...

Jan 1, 2020, 12:25 PM [ in reply to There were SEVERAL reasons why 0-4-0 State lost the game... ]

You guys need a diaper change and a nap.

Jan 1, 2020, 11:46 AM

LET IT GO. You lost! I’ve never seen such a pathetic bunch of whiney b*tches in my life. It’s unbelievable.

I don't see how anyone watching that incompletion/fumble

Jan 1, 2020, 11:55 AM

on a real time replay, could think it was a completion! Sure, it looks like it on slow-mo, but not real time! I assure you, if a Clemson player had recovered it, all we would hear from the bucknuts would be, "Incompletion"!

As for as the targeting call, that was so obvious, and the bucknut were lucky that Chase Young wasn't also hit with "unnecessary roughness" for grabbing Trevor around the neck and twisting it. Probably should have been ejected!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 12:16 PM

All calls were correct. You lost. Time to move on. Don't hear us whining and bitching about your secondary holding our receivers almost every play or the holding by your o line that went uncalled the entire game do you? You know why because we over came the refs. Not my problem Zer0hio State is not good enough to do that.

OSU would not have been up eight...

Jan 1, 2020, 12:27 PM

they would have been up five. They would not have gone for 4th and 2 at our 21 yard line if they were up by 2 at that point and risked leaving it less than a FG difference. We score, still get the 2 point conversion and OSU has a chance to kick a FG and tie it or score a TD and win it.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

excellent point.***

Jan 1, 2020, 6:53 PM

We've moved on THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

Jan 1, 2020, 12:41 PM

Time for you to move on to another "almost" season.

Jan 1, 2020, 5:46 PM

See, you all have proved my point. I'm glad Clemson won, but loving football, I hate the feeling of not winning cleanly! If everybody's happy with the outcome, I don't believe you are true fans of football. I'm off my soapbox!

You're off your meds...

Jan 1, 2020, 9:24 AM

Your soapbox is the least of your concerns. Sorry your New Year is ruined.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 7:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Buckeye Bashing ]

Nobody on here has proven your point. Clemson took the game in hand and won it. OSU didn’t have what it took to put Clemson away when they had the chance

Jan 1, 2020, 8:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Buckeye Bashing ]

If you aren't happy with a win then you are an idiot or a Zer0hio State fan. After interacting with the bucknuts I would say they are one in the same.

Jan 1, 2020, 5:48 PM

29-7 Avalanche from the Tigers did them in I think.

Jan 1, 2020, 6:40 PM

Even if the "fumble" TD stood, OH ST would have had a 2 point (3 at the most) lead with 4:45 left in the 3rd quarter. That does not guarantee OH ST wins the game; get over it.

hahahaha Idiot

Jan 1, 2020, 6:29 PM

We could play the "what if" game forever. You Ohio clowns are priceless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey bucknuts, there was ONE "controversial" call, and if it was a catch then

Jan 1, 2020, 6:39 PM

forward progress was stopped, and the ball should have been spotted where formal possession took place. Once forward progress is halted, the play is supposed to dead, and you cant strip the ball while driving the offensive player backwards.

Heard an announcer on TV today say it should have been O4iO's ball. That's completely incorrect. It was either incomplete or complete and dead. Period. It's odd how this simple fact remains unmentioned in the ongoing narrative.

While you're on their board, perhaps you could explain this simple fact to them?

Comforted by sense of victim hood.***

Jan 1, 2020, 6:50 PM

The problem is...

Jan 1, 2020, 6:56 PM

That the collective self-esteem of 0-4-0 BuckNut Nation is so fragile that they are lashing out with all of this RIDICULOUS "logic" that can only make sense in the mind of the irrational.

There is no arguing with idiots...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Loser bus is that way ——->

Jan 1, 2020, 7:43 PM

Get on it and go back to Columbus

About the replay...

Jan 1, 2020, 8:47 PM

Everyone keeps blaming the replay booth officials. They forget this was an SEC replay team. That means the replay goes to the SEC headquarters and is reviewed by multiple SEC officials... not just the guys in the booth.

There were a bunch of officials looking at that replay, and they agreed with the official in the broadcast booth as well. In real time it was a bang bang play and the receiver never established control.

Yup, and I feel it necessary to mention again....

Jan 1, 2020, 8:50 PM

If he did possess the ball, then forward progress was halted and the play should have been called dead at the point of possession.

Who are you ... no one. .... Nobody cares who you are .. or

Jan 1, 2020, 8:51 PM

... what you post ... You are a nobody... so go back under your rock ....

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jan 1, 2020, 8:58 PM

How in the #### did you get that OSU would have been up by 8? Clemson would have only been down by 2 if you had gotten that fumble recovery. We would have scored again most likely, obviously not for sure but we would have, however not gauranteed that you would have scored again after. So again, where the #### are you getting that you would have been up by 8 points? It would have just changed the timing of our win, not change it.

#######.

Jan 1, 2020, 10:16 PM

Anyone can play the what if game, on any play in any game. What if Clemson DB’s don’t drop 3 picks, one that was a sure pick 6? What if Clemson’s field goal kicker doesn’t miss a field goal? What if the officials call PI on any of numerous plays that it occurred? What if the officials called holding on the offensive line on any of the numerous plays that it occurred? The game isn’t won or lost on a single play as there were numerous opportunities throughout the course of a game for either team to seize control and secure the win. OSU had that opportunity early in the game and for a quarter and a half they dominated the game. Clemson weathered their best shot and won the rest of the game. Clemson is a seasoned playoff team with a champions heart and OSU is not.

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic