Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Haven’t been following Basketball too much
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,646

Haven’t been following Basketball too much

Feb 8, 2021, 3:44 PM

Will 16-7 or 15-8 def get us in the Dance ?
What does it take this season to get in ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Haven’t been following Basketball too much

Feb 8, 2021, 3:47 PM

Usually you need 20 wins(regular season +tournament) to get to the Big Dance ,but this could be different due to Covid-19.If Clemson finishes strong 16 wins might get you in, but I don't think 15 wins will.

Feb 8, 2021, 3:54 PM

Most seasons teams play 30 regular season games and then their Conference tournament.
So it’s definitely going to be less wiggle room

What do you mean, could be different?

Feb 8, 2021, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Haven’t been following Basketball too much ]

Of course it will be different this year, since there are fewer games. Most teams will play 20-25 games during the regular season this year, not 30+.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Feb 8, 2021, 4:13 PM

Don't get too invested in basketball. They always let you down as long as bb has been the coach.

Yes, that Sweet 16 team a few years ago was so disappointing***

Feb 8, 2021, 4:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Actually getting humiliated by Kansas was

Feb 8, 2021, 8:36 PM

Keep in mind making it to the Sweet 16 = a two game win streak. No biggy. The Auburn win they shouldn’t have even been in the dance lol. Just keeping it real

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My thoughts...

Feb 8, 2021, 4:54 PM

In a normal year, we would play 10 or so non-conference games and 20 conference games. This year, we have 6 non-conference games and 17 conference games. Instead of 30 games, we will have 23.

Assuming 20 wins needed to get into the NCAA Tournament (which isn't the automatic cutoff it used to be), the equivalent this year for us would be 15 wins:

15-8 (.652)
20-10 (.667)

I think 15 definitely gets us in, considering the fact that we have played a very good schedule this year (currently #11 strength of schedule, and #12 RPI). To get there, we need to win 3 of the following 6 games:

Georgia Tech
at Notre Dame
at Pittsburgh
at Wake Forest
Miami
Pittsburgh

Just winning the home games gets us there. As we know, all road games are tough, especially in the ACC, but Notre Dame is 12th in the ACC and Wake Forest is 14th so those both seem to be good situations for us. With the exception of the Virginia game coming off of the COVID pause, we have been excellent at home this year.

I could see us winning all six of these remaining games, but I know that we will likely lose a game or two since 18-22 year-olds aren't going to play flawlessly every night.

We also don't know if the ACC will ask us to make up any of the games we missed due to the COVID pause. It would be nice to play BC this year, since we haven't played them at all. They certainly won't help our tournament resume, but I still like the idea of playing every team in the conference at least once each year.

We are in great shape. We just need to continue to play strong defense while taking open looks when we get them on offense.

Re: My thoughts...***

Feb 8, 2021, 7:24 PM

What

Feb 8, 2021, 7:26 PM

Percent of your post in the last two weeks have been about basketball? 75?

You’re trying to trick us dummies on tnet.,

Re: My thoughts...

Feb 8, 2021, 8:18 PM [ in reply to My thoughts... ]

Thanks I usually follow pretty closely not only Clemson but the Whole ACC.
I guess the strange season has keep me not interested but I will get into it the rest of the year .
It seems the Tigers are sitting OK and with a few more wins will be dancing.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,646
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic