Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Have a feeling what really weakened our position with Adams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,356

Have a feeling what really weakened our position with Adams

Feb 4, 2013, 7:12 PM

was that if/when E. Johnson spoke to him this weekend, which you have to figure he did. No inside info here, but you just have to think that when going up against us on the recruiting trail, he says things like "I've been at Clemson and I've been at many SEC schools, and Clemson isn't "SEC", blah, blah, blah, which is really the absolute worst thing that could have happened for us with regard to Adams, the very last weekend of the race for his signature.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Have a feeling what really weakened our position with Adams

Feb 4, 2013, 7:13 PM

That is the biggest friggin stretch I've heard yet. What a joke. You author children's books don't you?

Feb 4, 2013, 7:20 PM

It's been reported that Adams has recently been "feeling the SEC" lately. I'm simply saying that EJ could have hammered that point home from the standpoint of being someone whose been at both Clemson and the SEC. I believe he's a better recruiter than folks realize.

Feb 4, 2013, 7:22 PM

Keep the faith. And expect the speculation to reach new heights over the next 24hrs. No offense.

Feb 4, 2013, 7:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Have a feeling what really weakened our position with Adams ]

Well I hope he's a better recruiter than he is a Head Coach...cause I'd remind Adams the EJ when 0-12 as a HC! Not sure when EJ speaks the earth moves bro. Dan Brooks has put MANY DL in the NFL. That's all that needs to be said! If Adams can't figure that out ..oh well. Look MA has been to Clemson enough times to know. If he goes somewhere else quite honestly he's not really one of us. You know like our boy Gallman...who has never wavered. That's the kind of kid we should be talking about tonight! Montravious..if you're reading this..come get your ring! You have no chance of winning one in the 3 yrs you'll be at Auburn.

Feb 4, 2013, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Have a feeling what really weakened our position with Adams ]

I would love to have him and some of the others, but I think our defensive line is going to be off the hook the next couple years. We have some young guys that are going to take it to the next level this coming year. As a team, we are headed in the right direction. One of the biggest things that has happened is that they believe in what they are trying to accomplish. We have a group of coaches that have a passion for the game. The main thing is the guys that are coming want to be part of Clemson.

Feb 4, 2013, 8:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Have a feeling what really weakened our position with Adams ]

No he doesn't. But can you imagine him out recruiting---anything!!

Who says our position is weakened.

Feb 4, 2013, 7:14 PM

And Ellis may say that but you could probably tell he was lying if he did. Because he knows Clemson is the bomb!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

So what you are saying is you have no idea

Feb 4, 2013, 7:25 PM

what Adams is thinking? Remember how everyone thought Clowney was coming to Clemson because he had a great time and it was his last visit?

Re: So what you are saying is you have no idea

Feb 4, 2013, 7:31 PM

I never thought Clowney was coming to Clemson, even after his Clemson visit. I was hopeful, but never thought it seemed very likely. Some recruits are locks or near locks, but Adams isn't in that category. A long time lean to us, maybe, but that means that he's still vulnerable to pitches from other schools. I hope I'm wrong and he picks us. I do believe he's one who may not know for sure until Wednesday morning.

Every sec coach sells the sec, that was reported in the

Feb 4, 2013, 7:28 PM

blazevich story. Dabo has about the best answer you can give to that. It's kind of pathetic that a school has so little confidence in it's education, campus, etc. that it has to sell a conference affiliation as a key reason for attendance. If I'm Alabama, I'm tired of the sec riding my coattails at this point.

Re: Every sec coach sells the sec, that was reported in the

Feb 4, 2013, 7:45 PM

TU! You are all over it! It does seem as though many of the rest are using some special bait to lure some kids their way, though. My prediction is the next few years will be interesting as the investigations begin at some schools and continue at others.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Every sec coach sells the sec, that was reported in the

Feb 4, 2013, 8:14 PM

Point on

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,356
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic