Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hat tip to the ACC. They did what they could to get us football.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Hat tip to the ACC. They did what they could to get us football.

Sep 9, 2020, 2:53 PM

As much flak as we give Swofford and this conference and as much as we hear that we are in a “basketball conference”, they did what they had to do to get us the football we wanted.

They didn’t bail prematurely like the Big Ten and PAC 12. They allowed for a situation where Clemson, GT, FSU and Louisville could all play their In-state rivals, unlike the SEC. The ACC stood out the most to enable a season that would satisfy their fans.

Heck, who knows...maybe Notre Dame will realize that’s being in a conference is the way of the future for them too after this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jep, I was amazed ACC announced 1st b/4 SEC and made Finebomb stutter that day!

Sep 9, 2020, 2:59 PM

Ha..so glad ACC Football led the way!

Go TiGERS..take advantage of it & go win 2020 Natty!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hat tip to the ACC. They did what they could to get us football.

Sep 9, 2020, 3:13 PM

I have to agree with all of that.
ACC... ACC... ACC

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Sep 9, 2020, 9:11 PM

Ok, let’s not get carried away. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of '87

Sep 9, 2020, 3:17 PM

They could have easily pressed the panic button and bailed on the season for fear of a potential public backlash, lawsuits, etc. It's good to see that we've still got some fighters in this society. Their decision to play has restored some of my faith in society.

Completely agree.

Sep 9, 2020, 3:23 PM

Can't help to think that this will have a negative impact on Ohio State's recruiting. Maybe not though.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2020, 3:56 PM

Swoff was Mr "We are definitely playing today" the day hoops got canceled. So I'm waiting till we play before I tip my hat. I do appreciate what they have done to get us to this point though

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2020, 4:23 PM

I personally hope ND doesn't join. It would just lock us in to more conference games and less variety in the non conference schedule with SCAR on the schedule too. I like 8 conference games and the opportunity to schedule games like Georgia,Auburn and Texas A&M. My fear is that would go away with 9 or 10 conference games. Don't see ND giving that up either. They like playing a variety of schools.

Sep 9, 2020, 5:58 PM

The BIG was so certain that the academic - oriented ACC would follow its lead and announce the cancellation of the season. Instead, the ACC led the way, with our starting the season 2 weeks prior to the SEC. The BIG failed to comprehend that 11 of our member institutions are located in the South, where we love our college football.

ND joining the conference would be the best thing to happen

Sep 10, 2020, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Hat tip to the ACC. They did what they could to get us football. ]

to the ACC since our championships. I get your scheduling concerns (MUCH better reason than most give), but it still blows my mind that people don't want ND in the conference. I hope they join, and I hope we get to play them every year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2020, 5:54 PM

Agree completely. No longer can it be said and used against Clemson that we are in a “basketball conference” when the ACC clearly led the way on this. As you said, even outdoing the “mighty” SEC by allowing us to play an out of conference game.

Now it’s up to the commitment of the players and schools to make sure the full season actually happens.

OK, a bunch of Tigers, a Heel and a Hokie in full agreement

Sep 10, 2020, 8:49 AM

on something. For once, the ACC comes out looking like the leader it should be.

Did the earth's rotation just reverse?

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic