Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has anyone had any luck buying masters tickets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Has anyone had any luck buying masters tickets

Feb 25, 2020, 11:49 AM

At the masters? Outside from scalpers? How much?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has anyone had any luck buying masters tickets

Feb 25, 2020, 12:07 PM

No, it’s for Membersonly ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2020, 12:33 PM

He's not a member Grandma, he's a Caddie.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2020, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Has anyone had any luck buying masters tickets ]

Not just for members. Just have to be on the list as of about 1980.

Feb 25, 2020, 12:34 PM

I think you will find much better info. than what i will give you, but I think they really cracked down on all of that there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2020, 1:02 PM

or you can be like me and have a cousin that works at the tournament.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2020, 3:53 PM

Sounds like you need to adopt him and he can have a cousin that works there too. Problem solved.

Feb 25, 2020, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Has anyone had any luck buying masters tickets ]

Curios ..... how does having a cousin working the tournament help?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2020, 1:30 PM

You are probably more likely than not to get fleeced outside. Too much risk for the ticket holders to let their badges be scalped. They can lose their badge forever if they are caught.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2020, 1:32 PM

btw - there are licensed brokers that you can do business with

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What days are you wanting to go?

Feb 25, 2020, 1:53 PM

As mentioned above, it is illegal to purchase/sell tickets within something like a mile of the course. The cops will no be shy if they think you're trying to purchase tickets within that boundary.

Your best bet for buying tickets there will be Monday and Tuesday. Last time I tried to buy tickets on a Tuesday was about 7 years ago and they were going for ~$350 each from the brokers who are set up outside of the "no ticket selling" boundary. As that was a while ago, it could be a lot more these days.

One year a group of us went there, about 10 years ago and 2 guys in our group didn't have tickets, so they walked through the parking lot and luckily found a guy willing to sell 2 extras for face value. I think that was a Monday practice round.

If you want to go on a tournament day, I have no idea how much that will cost, but I'm sure it will be a lot!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Feb 25, 2020, 2:09 PM

Mine came in the male Saturday. I spent the xtra $20 this year and got better seats. So hopefully I'll be able to get Patrick Reeds autograph. Last year the only chance I had to get autographs was the old farts that hit the tee shots at the start of the Thursday round. Of course I had no interest in getting an autograph from guys who got a woody when the persimmon drivers came out.

Feb 25, 2020, 3:09 PM

I live in Augusta and it's much more difficult, and expensive, to get tickets than it was just 5 to 10 years ago. Your best bet is dealing with one of the brokers. There are usually parked along Washington Road before you get to Augusta National. The 2 best known ones will have a motorhome set up on the side of the road about a mile before you get to the course. I would expect to pay at least $500 for a practice round ticket and closer to $1,000 for the actual tournament. It's really crazy. The good news is, once inside they are still the most reasonably priced professional sporting events in terms of food and souvenirs. Hope you find a ticket. It's an incredible experience if you've never been. As for me, I rent my house and will be at the beach. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2020, 6:28 PM

Dude, you are dated. For the 4 day series, you are looking
at $4,000 to $7,000 per ticket. Most dealers are right there
in Augusta. Just have to know who. I know one who has been in the
Business for many many years. I used to get series tickets, but no
more, too rich for my meager income. I am blessed that I was able
to attend for 15 years in a row 1973-1988. Hole #16 always, but
occasionally #3. Good luck!

Feb 25, 2020, 4:40 PM

I've missed very few Master's since my first one in 1962 ..... mostly when I was in the service. Fortunately, due to many circumstances I have had to buy very few tickets. Probably the best way to find a ticket is to find some company or corporation that you might do business and and see if they have tickets for their clients. That is how I have gotten in many times. Some companies that get multiple tickets invite guests for a particular day, so four tickets can potentially entertain 16 guests.

Other than that the suggestions that have already been made, you can always put your name in the lottery for practice round tickets, but of course it is too late for this year.

Good luck.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2020, 7:24 PM

My daughter had a nice gig working at The Masters Gift Shop her last couple of years of high school during her spring break. They opened for the Drive, Chip, and Put the day before practice rounds started and worked like 10 to 12 hour days for 8 straight days. When they got breaks they were free to roam the course as they liked. She saw a lot of celebrities and made a pretty hefty paycheck for giving up her spring break week. You'd be amazed at the total cost of some of the larger purchases that were made.

Feb 25, 2020, 7:42 PM

My father in law has 2. Sells them to former business associate...$6,000.

By the way, he was on the wait list for 25 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Feb 25, 2020, 7:51 PM

You can probably find some through ticket brokers or individuals for around $2000.00 each. If you do that don’t dare tell a member or official who sold them to you. Augusta National will pull the passes forever from the person selling than.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2020, 7:53 PM

nctiger622 said:

You can probably find some through ticket brokers or individuals for around $2000.00 each. If you do that don’t dare tell a member or official who sold them to you. Augusta National will pull the passes forever from the person selling than.

The $2k price would be for the tournament and it’s probaby more now. Practice round tickets are less.

Feb 25, 2020, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Has anyone had any luck buying masters tickets ]

nctiger622 said:

The $2k price would be for the tournament and it’s probaby more now. Practice round tickets are less.

Feb 25, 2020, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Has anyone had any luck buying masters tickets ]

I thought the badges were coded now with the badge holders name embedded.

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic