Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Happy Tears
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,383

Happy Tears

Jan 13, 2017, 7:04 AM

I saw my dad cry 4 times in my life. When his mom passed, when his sisters passed, and when Clemson won the 1981 National Championship. I was 19 years old, and admit I did not understand his tears at the time. I was exuberant that night, why was he crying when we had just been crowned the kings of college football. Well, now I am 54, and my how times have changed. I found myself at the cemetery at 1 am Tuesday morning telling Daddy every detail and giving play by play... and yes, the tears rolled. To many of you younger Tigers, embrace this moment, appreciate it with all your heart. Celebrate it with your loved ones, at 19, I had no idea it would be 35 years, if ever, that I would have that opportunity again! After every Tiger victory, daddy would light up a big cigar, look at me and proclaim, how sweet it is! My Tiger brethren, HOW SWEET IT IS! GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Happy Tears

Jan 13, 2017, 7:12 AM

Great post! I have been in constant reflecting mode since Monday night. My parents went to the 1981 game and had the time of their lives both are gone now but I will never forget how happy they were! Tears of joy are wonderful things!??

Well I wasn't crying til I read this post...

Jan 13, 2017, 7:37 AM

Cheers. Here's to all the Clemson dads. When I was 14 and we won the natty in '81 it's the only time I've seen my dad dance. Glad he lived to see this again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

onions are strong here

Jan 13, 2017, 8:17 AM

great points, and thanks for sharing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was 11 months old at the time of the '81 NC.

Jan 13, 2017, 8:29 AM

So yes, as we won this one, the tears rolled!

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,383
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic