Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Happiness on Saturday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,123

Happiness on Saturday

Nov 18, 2020, 11:36 AM

This is not looking for score predictions (we already have that thread), but what statistical numbers would make you happy coming out of the Tigers game vs FSU this Saturday?

Offensive points: Mine is 42+

Defensive points: Mine is anything less than 20

Rush yards: The magic number for our program has been 200 passing and rushing. I want to see that 200 rushing Saturday.

Turnover margin: +2 with 0 giveaways for the Tigers

1st half points (offense): 28

1st quarter points (defense): 7 or less (The recent trend of poor defensive starts kills our game rhythm IMO)

Defensive 3rd down %: Less than 30% (No 3rd and 8+ given up)

Yard per carry (offense): 6+ (We have to get the 30+ yard run for ETN. People can crowd the line when on plays where they don't stop us short we only get 10. If they lose faith in DBs to make the 10 yard tackle then they have to relax the run pressure which makes it easier to get over 5-6 per carry.)

Sacks (defense): 4+ (I really want more but I don't want to be hard to please)

There are probably some important stats that I am missing, but these stand out to me because they are either areas where we have struggled lately or they are areas that I think are important to be strong moving forward.

I would love to know what some others think about these stats or others.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Sacks (defense): 4+ (I really want more but I don't want to

Nov 18, 2020, 11:46 AM

be hard to please).

I think we would all be happy with more sacks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I know I would.***

Nov 18, 2020, 11:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Never, ever have I said to myself...

Nov 18, 2020, 12:01 PM

"Gee, I wish there were less sacks."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Sacks are like skins...

Nov 18, 2020, 12:03 PM

I’ll take 4, please.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Oh boy***

Nov 18, 2020, 12:09 PM

Re: Sacks are like skins...

Nov 18, 2020, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Sacks are like skins... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

you 3 debutantes are still talking about football, right ?

Nov 18, 2020, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Never, ever have I said to myself... ]

Never sure when you 3 all get in a circle like this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

he said "you 3 debutantes..."

Nov 18, 2020, 12:45 PM

No holding penalties on Clemson o-linemen,

Nov 18, 2020, 12:19 PM

ETN rushes for 100+

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: No holding penalties on Clemson o-linemen,

Nov 18, 2020, 12:39 PM

If we need to start holding like everyone else does, and we get called once or twice a game, and it allows us to get ETN over 100 and our team over 200 then I will take it all day!

and no more injuries.***

Nov 18, 2020, 12:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: and no more injuries.***

Nov 18, 2020, 12:42 PM

I wanted to put that but it felt a little "jinxie".

Definitely high on my list though!

Nov 18, 2020, 12:42 PM [ in reply to and no more injuries.*** ]

Also thanks for the redirect after the "sack highjack"

Nov 18, 2020, 12:54 PM

I want our offensive line to come out and show fortitude and blow FSU off the ball. ET should get 200 yards on his own.

Nov 18, 2020, 1:06 PM

It would take 2 runs of 40+ for ETN to get 200 on his own unless our defense just decides to not show up at all for the game.

I'm all for him getting multiple huge runs, but if he is getting a solid 6-10 without the big ones and we are running really well, then I would imagine we score a ton of points and his day is done with 120-140 yards and 16-17 carries.

I believe the only time in his career he has gone for 200 in a blowout was '19 GA Tech and he had a TD run of roughly 80 and another 30+ run with it. He just doesn't carry it enough in blowouts to get it on typical runs.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,123
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic