Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Had someone told you in the late 90s and early 00's - FSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Had someone told you in the late 90s and early 00's - FSU

Nov 18, 2020, 8:29 AM

That we'd be entering a game against FSU by 2020 favored by 35 points on the road would you of had a hard time believing it?

FSU now leads the series 20-13 against Clemson. That's still a decent lead, but at this rate it's starting to feel realistic that we'll even up the series within the next 10-15 years if not sooner. Had anyone told me that in the late 90's I would have thought they were crazy. Keep in mind that FSU led the series 14-2 going into the 2003 game, and had won 11 straight games in the series.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only in my dreams.***

Nov 18, 2020, 8:31 AM

Better yet... If someone told a Georgia fan after they won

Nov 18, 2020, 8:44 AM

the national championship in 1980 that Clemson would win at least 3 national championships before Georgia won their next one, they would have bet their trailer that never would happen...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Re: Had someone told you in the late 90s and early 00's - FSU

Nov 18, 2020, 8:52 AM

Back in 1993, a buddy and I went down to Florida State for the football game. Florida State won the game 57-0. These 3 guys sitting behind us kept ragging us the whole game. I told them to remember this when Clemson is dominating them one day. I hope they remember the way they treated us, and what I told them.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

I was at that game. The students behind me - in about the

Nov 18, 2020, 11:49 AM

3rd Q - started feeling sorry for me & started cheering for us.

I wanted to punch them all - right in the face.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I remember we were at FSU & were in the game. We had them

Nov 18, 2020, 9:08 AM

backed up to the 3 yard line and the QB was in their EZ. The QB (was that Kannell or Weinke?) faked a hand off and just stood there with the ball hidden for what seems like an eternity. He hit a man for a huge gain or maybe a TD. It was an awesome play. Tigers never recovered and victory slipped away.

I also remember FSU pounding the Gamecoots at Willy B in the 90's. I think it was right before they joined the ACC. That game made me smile.

Weinke to Snoop Minnis

Nov 18, 2020, 9:16 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWgC3zOtEQ0

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Yep, that was a dagger to the heart. I thought we might

Nov 18, 2020, 9:17 AM

just win that game...until that happened.

I gave you a TU solely because you are bob, but

Nov 18, 2020, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Weinke to Snoop Minnis ]

I didn't like that play. :(

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Weinke to Snoop Minnis

Nov 18, 2020, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Weinke to Snoop Minnis ]

Back when FSU had fans...

It's a good cautionary tale for Clemson fans who like to

Nov 18, 2020, 9:21 AM

complain when we beat someone by "only" 28 points...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AMEN ! ! !***

Nov 18, 2020, 11:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I can recall their fans being SO arrogant when they came to

Nov 18, 2020, 11:28 AM

Clemson and I was so frustrated we could not win one, especially after being at 1988 and 1989 games. It felt like Clemson would never recover after Ford. I guess that is how FSU feels now. I hope they endure 20 years of it (at least) like we did.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meeeeeeeee, too !***

Nov 18, 2020, 11:52 AM

The High Road. . . . in winning!

Nov 18, 2020, 12:10 PM

I completely understand your point of view about "not rubbing it in right now"! The Gamecocks fans I know deserve it though.

I am not sure as to the depth the Seminoles would go to rub it in your face; but the Gamecocks on their "little 5 year run" were truly unbearable! It was the most disgusting thing you ever saw!

Lots of points of views on this subject - I understand both sides! I do. For me though; a Gamecock fan I don't know, I am generally not looking to rub it in "too much"! Some of the ones I know who talked all that "noise" get it 199% back how they gave it"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look At Them "side-ways"!

Nov 18, 2020, 11:35 AM

No doubt I would have looked at them side ways and went "say what"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never in a million. Being in FL for 30 years & suffering

Nov 18, 2020, 11:48 AM

through all of those beatdowns - with a LOT of them in person, I mean A LOT . . . .

The semiholes are my gamecoots . . . . I have a hard time relating to all the animosity towards the chickens because they have been so irrelevant to us for so long.

BUT - I don't live amongst those loosers.

I live amongst semiholes . . . . and during that truly unbelievable timeframe of the 90's & such . . . . it was unbearable in a 100 different ways.

And NOW ? ? ! ? ! Never in a million.

And I have tried to be a gracious winner and remember the way those shoes felt that I had to wear for a LONG time.

Besides - it's HARD at times to find a semihole now that I can rag on ! ! ! It's awesome !

Re: Had someone told you in the late 90s and early 00's - FSU

Nov 18, 2020, 2:16 PM

I would of. I of never thought about that. Have all the teams that were great, I would of never thought they could lose. I of no idea what could of happened to them. I of to go to my English class now.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic