Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Had a conversation earlier this week with an old Tiger fan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,343

Had a conversation earlier this week with an old Tiger fan

Mar 21, 2018, 12:36 PM

(like myself) about the dominance the Tigers showed in the rout of Auburn......we both reminisced back to a season (1976-77) when the Tigers beat TennTech 133-78 and Boston College 128-76....and there was no 3 point line in those days either. During the same season, the Tigers also whacked the Eli from Yale 104-50 and Georgia Southern 110-55. Those were some fun times in a relatively new Littlejohn Coliseum (it was only 8 yrs old)--the Tigers could light up the scoreboard

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ah, yes, the days of my old classmate, Tree Rollins!

Mar 21, 2018, 12:51 PM

Too bad the rules didn't allow dunking back then. I remember in warmups where he would hold the ball over the cylinder and simply drop it. Good times!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tree used to have a swivel seat in his Monte Carlo

Mar 21, 2018, 1:08 PM

It was still entertaining to watch him exit the vehicle since his legs were so long

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always enjoyed watching Tree talk with the refs. He had

Mar 21, 2018, 1:17 PM

to bend over to get down to their level.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even Bob has to bend over to get down to ACC refs' level.***

Mar 21, 2018, 2:52 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cool picture from the mid 70s

Mar 21, 2018, 1:59 PM

Makes you remember how packed in shoulder to shoulder it could be at Littlejohn and it was an exciting time.I was just a kid but I would go to games with my brother.I thought Clemson was a basketball powerhouse but he explained or tried to explain to me about probation but I am not sure I really understood .I think my attitude was "That stinks!" but anyway they were winning and it was fun! Great times!

Great pic! Was that the game a copy of The Tiger was

Mar 21, 2018, 2:24 PM

placed on each seat in LJ and when the opposing team was introduced on tv, everyone in the Coliseum pretended they were "reading the paper" and there was almost no noise at all save a tiny handful of the other teams' fans. Then, when the Tigers were introduced, the roof nearly lifted off the building.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great pic! Was that the game a copy of The Tiger was

Mar 21, 2018, 3:07 PM

My recollection is that the "reading the paper" thing came a few years later. I'm certain it didn't start until after Locke was gone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2018, 4:04 PM

We were playing Maryland. I believe "Lefty" D. was the Maryland coach at that time.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2018, 4:25 PM

The great lefty. Was Bozo playing for them at this game.

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,343
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic