Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
HELP WITH WATCHING FOOTBALL GAMES VIA STREAMING?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

HELP WITH WATCHING FOOTBALL GAMES VIA STREAMING?

Jul 31, 2018, 10:46 PM

O.K. we cut the cable cords this summer but as Football season is approaching I am trying to figure out how I am going to watch the games this year have digital antenna for local station games but any suggestions of an affordable way to watch and we have amazon fire-stick but can I watch on one of those. Should have thought about this before I cancelled cable but.....HELP!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: HELP WITH WATCHING FOOTBALL GAMES VIA STREAMING?

Jul 31, 2018, 11:04 PM

You obviously have internet, so you could purchase a Chromecast, insert it into a HDMI port on your TV and use the WatchESPN app on you iPhone (if you have one). However, I'm not certain you can log into the app without the right ISP. Can you do that and watch games on that app? If so, then get the Chromecast and watch a lot of games, but not all.

There is also Directv Now I think, that you can subscribe by the month. Not sure how that works, but it might help.

Those are the only ways I know of. These guys know tons more ways.

If your smart TV has the Sling TV app you can subscribe to

Jul 31, 2018, 11:53 PM

Sling Orange and get ESPN channels. If your TV doesn't have that app you can get it on a Roku device, some of which support 4K resolution.

You can stream pretty much all sports channels with

Aug 1, 2018, 12:48 AM

any one of several options...YouTube Live, Hulu Live, Playstation Vue, or Sling Orange & Blue. Each of these options is about $40 per month, with no contract required, so you can sign up just for the football season, if that is all you are interested in.

You won't need a digital antenna for local either, most all these options now include local channels as well.

I was planning to drop DirecTV and go with the streaming, when I got the 100 mb internet a couple months age, I did actually cancel, but DirecTV called me the next day with a great deal...12 months for $56 per month, plus sent me a $300 Visa gift card up front, so my net cost is now $31 per month! To get a deal like this, you must call them, threaten to cancel, and act like you don't give a damm if you do. My cancellation lasted about 14 hours!

If they don't give me the same deal next year, I will be streaming for sure!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2018, 3:34 AM

During the season https://www.reddit.com/r/CFBStreams/ always has streams available for 99% percent of games. For free, of course.

Aug 1, 2018, 4:29 AM

Option 1: As already mentioned, use the reddit streams. I live in Hong Kong and this is one option I always use for watching the games.

Option 2: Fire Tv/Stick sideloaded with Kodi... go to youtube and dig into this a bit more, but once you do that you can have access to a lot of sports channels, will the games be there I don't know. I bought the new Fire TV but will pick it up when I'm in Sout Carolina in September and will see if I can get it working in Hong Kong.

Option 3: WatchESPN - ask a good friend to use their login details, I've done this for a few years and it works well. From time to time, the stream quality is bad, but that's usually because I'm using a VPN since I live in Hong Kong.

Option 4: Other streaming sites, there are probably tons of these, but google firstrowsports and you should get some hits there. I've also used this many times to watch the game.

Finally, if you're ok to get out of the house, you can go to a bar/restaurant and watch/request to watch the game. If all else fails, go to a friends house and watch with them.

Since you are in the US, I would suggest you go with the WatchESPN option, you just need to find someone who will let you use their credentials.

Kodi is a platform. You will need an app that lets you steal

Aug 1, 2018, 9:03 AM

Content.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic