Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Guess I'm going to have to do some research into the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,218

Guess I'm going to have to do some research into the

Jan 14, 2016, 9:22 AM

dumpster fire that was Auburn this season. They can't be that bad next year and we go to their place. Before I get into detective mode, what insights can y'all share about them?

Their recruiting hasn't been that bad. What has happened to Malzhan? Why did he put such a dog on the field?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Call Cootlumbia... Their HC could answer a few questions...***

Jan 14, 2016, 9:33 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Call Cootlumbia... Their HC could answer a few questions...***

Jan 14, 2016, 9:38 AM

LoL . Boom goes the dynamite .

Their QB situation wasn't good , and they struggled running the ball .
Also , the defense for whatever reason , under Muscoot ...looked flat .
Lotsa talent there make no mistake , but teamwise , cohesivively... they were all sorts of a mess .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Guess I'm going to have to do some research into the

Jan 14, 2016, 9:40 AM

Well, they lose both starting WRs, two OL, and lose 6 starters on defense. They were ranked 71st in total defense, including ranked 109th in the 3rd conversion defense. That pretty much means a 40+ point output for us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Qb... crucial to his scheme.***

Jan 14, 2016, 9:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

AU had major QB problems this year. Their 1st yr

Jan 14, 2016, 9:49 AM

starter QB, Johnson was way over-hyped preseason and fell flat when they got into the season. Malzahn's offense is predicated on a QB that can run the read option efficiently. Johnson just couldn't do it under live fire. He was never a running threat so defenses teed off on him...he couldn't run it or throw it. Enter backup QB who seemed a little better, but he got dinged up and missed some games.

Defensively, they had all the talent in the world, but they couldn't digest Muschamp's system in time for the season, so they had to run a watered down version and offenses took advantage of it. They'll have some decent players coming back, but unless something changes, LBs and DBs are going to be a weak spot for them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guess I'm going to have to do some research into the

Jan 14, 2016, 10:17 AM

They had poor QB play and neither QB was able to run the offense that Nick Marshall and Cam Newton ran. Malzahn likes an offense where the QB run puts pressure on the defense (ala DW4, Cam Newton and Nick Marshall) and also opens up the passing game. Neither QB this year was a significant factor in the run game. Also their defense was hurt due to Carl Lawson being out early in the year: hopefully, he will leave early for the NFL. He and Montravious Adams were two great defensive linemen that we wanted and lost very late in the recruiting process.

They have at least one very highly rated QB (maybe two)enrolling in January (one was at Fla State). Marshall and Cam were Juco transfers and one of the new ones coming in is a highly rated JUCO, perhaps the highest rated JUCO. Last year they had the top rated JUCO running back come in (Jovon Robinson) and he is very good. They also have other good running backs. They also had the highest rated JUCO receiver (Duke Williams) in 2014 and he was a major weapon that year. He was kicked off the team in 2015 and that was a major loss for their passing game although he obviously had attitude problems and deserved the punishment he got. His problems may have been a factor in their early season swoon.

Their recruiting has been good and they had the players to get them rated as one of the top teams at the start of the 2015 season. One of their QB's (great athlete) was considered a 2015 Heisman candidate (big, talented, and great arm) but not a good fit for Malzahn's zone read offense. Both of their existing QB's plan to return and they were very highly rated. They had early losses this season and could not turn it around.

The loss of Muschamp as defensive coordinator and him carrying the defensive back coach and Lance Thompson (LB coach) with him to South Carolina is significant. Thompson coordinated the defense in their bowl game and that may have been their best game. This is not a slam of Muschamp because he is obviously a very good defensive coach. Thompson's reputation has been as a great recruiter but not a great on the field coach in his stints at Alabama, Auburn, and Tennessee. How much of that opinion is sour grapes from BAMA fans where he has left at least twice ...I don't know.

I thought their win over Memphis in the bowl game was significant and may be an indicator of things to come. I think they will be a tough challenge for our first game of 2016. Hope this helps.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you. +1

Jan 14, 2016, 12:01 PM

Sounds as though the QB issues may not improve. My guess would be they'll be a better team next year, though.

Re: Thank you. +1

Jan 14, 2016, 11:36 PM

I think their QB issues will improve....either with the new guys or improvement of the old guys based on lessons learned this year and spring ball to work on needed changes. By the way, I learned tonight that Call Lawson will be back rather than going to the NFL. I was hoping he would leave. I think they only have two early departures....one (or both?) is an offensive lineman.

Regardless of how many players AUB loses

Jan 14, 2016, 12:10 PM

Or how bad their season last year, Jordan-hare is still a tough place to play and if we go in that stadium #1, AUB will definitely be ready to play some football.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They can "play"... We will execute.***

Jan 14, 2016, 12:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They can "play"... We will execute.***

Jan 14, 2016, 8:53 PM

Sounds good to me.

Look no further than their defensive coordinator.

Jan 14, 2016, 8:56 PM

but he is gone!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,218
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic