Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How long has Dale Gilbert been announcing the PBP at DV?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 351

How long has Dale Gilbert been announcing the PBP at DV?

Jul 12, 2020, 9:37 AM

I was thinking about the best PBP announcers in school history. As long as I can remember, that voice that produces the weather report, also does a great PBP in the stadium.

Don Munson is the only voice I have ever heard on radio PBP. What are a few of you guys favorite announcers?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jim Phillips will always be the voice of the Tigers to me

Jul 12, 2020, 9:45 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcSi_x7-7Mw

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

I agree! He was THE Voice of the Tigers....

Jul 12, 2020, 3:33 PM

as he did radio broadcasts of ALL Clemson sports for over 25 years. I doubt we'll ever have another real Voice of the Tigers again as now there are different announcers for different sports which is the trend in college athletics.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Growing up with Jim Phillips that is the most awesome every time I hear

Jul 12, 2020, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Jim Phillips will always be the voice of the Tigers to me ]

He was the beat. I’m sure that how he was calling it from above

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve heard Don Munson got on Dabo’s nerves

Jul 12, 2020, 6:36 PM [ in reply to Jim Phillips will always be the voice of the Tigers to me ]

Before Munson had the job he’s wanted for years, he was hanging around the football complex. I have heard Dabo told them to get him out of there. Also heard Munson tried to throw Jim Phillps under the bus one time and has always tried to have this job. This came from someone within the Athletic Department and said Munson is pretty much considered a kiss a** and a laughing joke. I think he’s gotten better but try not to listen to him often.

Dale is a friend of mine.

Jul 12, 2020, 11:28 AM

We worked at the station called WFBC AM FM TV in Greenville. He has one of the best voices ever. He is the total pro. He is the Public Address Announcer at Clemson and probably the best ever. I was the PA announcer for football and basketball for five or six years before moving into the broadcast booth with Jim for a few years. Jim was my boss at WFBC also and a very good friend. Back to Dale, he was also a great radio Disc Jockey.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dale is a friend of mine.

Jul 12, 2020, 1:01 PM

When did Dale join WYFF TV as a weather personality? Only remember him on screen doing weather back to 90's. He recently cut back from doing weather every weekday morning to weekend mornings. Is he still going to do football on Saturdays?

Dale is the PA announcer, public address

Jul 12, 2020, 5:18 PM

Not PBP, play by play

too often taken for granted

Jul 12, 2020, 6:03 PM

He’s been doing it for at least as long as I can remember. (My earliest Clemson sports memories are from 1998)

He has done every single football and men’s basketball game I have ever attended since 1998. Every one. Ultimate professional.

Only thing I’ll ding him on is the 2006 SC game when he jinxed us and said “go celebrate the big win!” About getting the bojangles points threshold when we led 28-14.

Replies: 8
| visibility 351
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic