Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Greenr walked on the poor side of life last night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 404

Greenr walked on the poor side of life last night

Aug 26, 2020, 10:32 AM

WifeofGreenr had someone on speaker phone last night discussing another family who is very very low income (if it aint free and from the gov't, they aint getting it). The Dad used to have a decent job but he isn't completely there and never learned to read or write so when the job required a CDL, he never could get it and therefore had to retire (with a state pension I believe). Anyways, this person was telling my wife that they got a mystery $330 EBT card sent to them in the daughter's name. The daughter is still in High School. Well, they are too dumb to read the letter that came with it so they are confused as to why they got it. Greenr was just listening to wife tell them that there may be something in the CARES Act that provided that when Greenr remembered FBCoachSC® talking about getting a free EBT card to go shopping with. Without giving away my embarrassing source, I was able to tell wife the story and thus she was able to help.

Then I offered them $100 cash for the EBT card and lamented the fact that, if we were in a poorer district, we could have gotten $990 in "free" groceries.

#Life

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a fellow illiterate, I feel for these people. It's hard

Dec 4, 2019, 8:37 AM

Not everyone has a personal butler who will read and write for you. I'm sure life has to be very confusing for them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

are there any restrictions on those EBT cards?

Aug 26, 2020, 10:39 AM

Can you use it at Walmart for pistachios?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No idea. If they accept my $100 offer, I will try and see.***

Aug 26, 2020, 10:41 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Grocery only.

Aug 4, 2019, 9:24 AM [ in reply to are there any restrictions on those EBT cards? ]

No hygiene products.

Has to be food.

Other than that. No.

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I sure will be glad when

Aug 26, 2020, 10:46 AM

we get rid of that libturd president we got that keeps giving tax checks to dead people and food stamps to high school kids.

Sorry not sorry P&R

Joking kinda

Gross...say three hail marys and drink two Sculpin IPAs

Aug 26, 2020, 11:28 AM

and repent getting involed with the UDP side of life

You're whalecum***

Aug 27, 2020, 10:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Replies: 7
| visibility 404
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic