Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
R.I.P. Don Shula...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,094

R.I.P. Don Shula...

May 4, 2020, 10:33 AM

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29132028/dolphins-hall-fame-coach-don-shula-dies-90

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My cousin was the team Dr. for a while

May 4, 2020, 10:40 AM

He was a true gentle man. I met him a few times.

RIP Coach!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He died still having the only undefeated NFL season! RIP.***

May 4, 2020, 10:41 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: R.I.P. Don Shula...

May 4, 2020, 10:42 AM

I hate to hear that. Was a true gentleman.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great coach, and an even better man from what I’ve heard.

May 4, 2020, 10:43 AM

Prayers for his family during this time!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

May 4, 2020, 11:00 AM

A no non-sense coach like Lombardi. A winner. Sadly, I don't think Shula, or Lombardi would make it in todays game. Their word was law, in their day. Today it seems like the coaches have to cater to spoiled super star players.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great Don Shula story

May 4, 2020, 11:01 AM

Shortly after the undefeated season, Don and his wife took a vacation to a remote town in Montana to get away from all of the media hype following the Super Bowl and simply recharge their batteries. One evening they decided to drive to the nearest town to see a movie. The theater was not very large. It only had one screen.

They bought their tickets and walked through the lobby toward the door. Don told his wife that he had to use the restroom and for her to go on and grab a seat and that he'd be there in a minute. So his wife went ahead into the theater.

When Don entered the theater, every head turned around and every eye fixed on him. An immedate enthusiastic round of applause spread all around the auditorium. Don was touched. He stopped to shake hands with everyone on the end of every row as he made his way down the aisle toward the very front where his wife was seated.

He was very moved by the time he reached his wife. "I'm simply shocked that all of these people would recognize me," he whispered to his wife.

"Ohhhhhh honey," she replied. "They didn't."

Don looked at her with a very quizzical expression.

She explained. "A minute or two before you came in, the manager stood up and said that he was not going to start the movie until at least one more person walked in."

Paul Harvey circa 1992 or so....

Good day.

May 4, 2020, 2:06 PM

A coworker would talk about Shula's steakhouse in Florida. Assuming this was one and the same. I believe I have seen the seasonings and rubs at some retailers.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,094
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic