Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another sign of the pack falling further behind?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Another sign of the pack falling further behind?

Dec 19, 2019, 2:15 PM

https://accsports.com/acc-news/nc-state-signing-day-after-2-straight-top-25-classes-ncsu-adds-18-new-players-constructs-top-50-class-in-2020/

Also a sign that Mack is starting to lock that state down (at least with instate schools, we'll get ours anyway)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NC State sucks. Everything about them.

Dec 19, 2019, 2:24 PM

Their campus, their school, their fans, their team. Everything.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: NC State sucks. Everything about them.

Dec 19, 2019, 3:09 PM

Not really. It's a very good academic school, better than Clemson in Engineering, with a great campus and lots to do around it. My two youngest boys go there.

But, their football program has not been run well for a long time. Doeren (sp?) doesn't help. He comes across as a jerk a lot, and it seems too many fans emulate him. Their BB program is generally solid but they have the little bro complex being next to UNCheat and Dook.

But, I've made it clear to the kids, I'll never root for NCSU except against selected opponents (like UNCheat).

-- from Raleigh

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have 2 daughters that are ChemEs from State

Dec 19, 2019, 3:22 PM

Couldn't be happier with the academics. The education and labs were top notch and the career fair was first class. They both had multiple offers to choose from in Fall of their senior year, but both chose to go with companies that they interned with.

Centennial Campus is really nice, the main campus is nice too.

In State Tuition and fees is right at $9000 per year. Clemson is like $15,000 in state and $36,000 out of state. It was a no brainer for my family. Plus they both got a good bit of scholarship money.

One of my kids is a rocket scientist and a rocket that she worked on, and is working on, is shooting off tomorrow morning sending a Boeing test capsule to the space station. (Boeing Starliner Orbital Test Flight)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have 2 daughters that are ChemEs from State

Dec 19, 2019, 3:50 PM

Man that's awesome, congrats!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. That is cool. Good Nuclear Engineering program as well.***

Dec 19, 2019, 4:11 PM [ in reply to I have 2 daughters that are ChemEs from State ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have 2 daughters that are ChemEs from State

Dec 19, 2019, 4:46 PM [ in reply to I have 2 daughters that are ChemEs from State ]

Just tell her to never volunteer to get in anything blowing that much fire out it's A$S, and picking up speed so fast that will pass you out without the proper suit, and if anything, and I do mean if anything gets in it's path, big or small, that huge fireball blowing out it's A$S, the A$S end with all the fire blowing out, it is going to try and get to the front seat right before it blows up in every direction. Strapping yourself down on the "inside" of a rocket with the A$S of it loaded with 1000's of pounds of rocket fuel, that just hasn't ever made good sense to me, just saying ;)!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congratulations. Impressive.***

Dec 19, 2019, 5:01 PM [ in reply to I have 2 daughters that are ChemEs from State ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2019, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Re: NC State sucks. Everything about them. ]

I got a ***** education in Chemistry at Clemson which paid off better than I could have hoped for. Having said that, I got to live in Clemson and not one of the North Carolina big cities. Total package was wonderful.

Dec 19, 2019, 3:56 PM [ in reply to NC State sucks. Everything about them. ]

N.C. State is a nice place. Academics are excellent. Football has been bad since Sheridan left. They have some good fans abd some bad apples. Not as bad as Coots or Dawgs.

Dec 19, 2019, 3:58 PM [ in reply to NC State sucks. Everything about them. ]

While I admit I saw my share of bad fans the last football game I went to up there (2007) I have a lot of NC State friends that are really good people. I haven't been on much of the campus so I can't comment there. But Centennial campus looks nice driving through on the way to their golf course which I really enjoy playing (Or "did" before kids lol) And Raleigh is a nice larger city (at least for now)

Dec 19, 2019, 4:12 PM [ in reply to NC State sucks. Everything about them. ]

I bet they are happy to know about the kind feelings that you have for them. I thought you were talking about the coots at first ;)!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i work on Hillsborough St.

Dec 19, 2019, 4:48 PM [ in reply to NC State sucks. Everything about them. ]

while the main campus is eh...Centennial campus is actually pretty nice. Most NCSU people I come in contact with on a daily basis are good people, but on game days I run into the bad crowds more often than not. The team took a step back and played a lot of youth. Their offense was atrocious and the fans wanted them to can the co-oc's but so far that hasnt happened. They can't really afford to bc they were only in their 1st year as co-oc's after Drink left to App St. (now Mizzou lol) I think NCSU should be a consistent 7-8 win school. but maybe 3 or 4th in the Atlantic behind us, FSU, and Louisville to be honest.

Re: Another sign of the pack falling further behind?

Dec 19, 2019, 2:36 PM

What is a blueshirt?

Re: Another sign of the pack falling further behind?

Dec 19, 2019, 2:40 PM

I wondered that myself.

Grayshirts versus blueshirts

Dec 19, 2019, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Another sign of the pack falling further behind? ]

Grayshirts are recruits who are offered a delayed scholarship. ... Like grayshirt recruits, blueshirts are counted toward the next season's scholarship total. There is one distinct difference, however. Unlike grayshirts, a blueshirt is able to enroll and participate in team events in the fall

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic