Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Grantham=
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 4,681

Grantham=

Feb 20, 2016, 4:24 PM

Potter?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep***

Feb 20, 2016, 4:27 PM

Re: Grantham=

Feb 20, 2016, 4:28 PM

Stop it. I'm laughing hard right now btw.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no....just no***

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

David potter

Now that's a name I've not heard in s long long time

No, if he was a wizard...

Feb 20, 2016, 4:30 PM

He'd make all his 3s.

~JKB

Feb 20, 2016, 4:31 PM

Harry?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2016, 2:40 AM

More like Milton Jennings

Feb 21, 2016, 2:40 PM

You obviously do not know basketball.
Sorry but Milton J. Just never had it. McDonalds All American but must have never played against anybody.

Dante as a sophomore is better than any 2 years of Milton.

Feb 21, 2016, 7:08 AM

I bet not one person on here downing Grantham could make 3 out of 30 from the 3 point line .
Probably do no better than 30% from the charity stripe .
Most likely y'all dribble a basketball the same way a circus seal claps for fish treats .
Let the basketball players play the basketball and y'all stick to whatever it is that y'all do .
Support Clemson , don't denigrate.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 21, 2016, 9:59 AM

He has skill but dang has he been disappointing or what??

Feb 21, 2016, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Grantham= ]

Actually, I'm pretty good at basketball. If you're in the area, come check me out today in Seneca. We have a game @ 3 for a church league.

Feb 21, 2016, 10:10 AM

You reckon you could beat Grantham 1 on 1 ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 21, 2016, 10:13 AM

If we play 10 times I'll win 5 games. Seriously

Feb 21, 2016, 10:39 AM

I don't believe you I don't.

DB23

Feb 21, 2016, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Grantham= ]

Then why aren't you playing D1 basketball?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Feb 21, 2016, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Grantham= ]

I doubt it. I really really do.

Feb 21, 2016, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Grantham= ]

This idiot cnat be serious.

null

Feb 21, 2016, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Grantham= ]

I'll take that bet anytime, any place for whatever you'd care to bet!!No limit but a minimum bet of $1,000.00. time to put up>

Feb 21, 2016, 11:04 AM

You seem eager . Are you some kinda ringer ?

DB23

Feb 21, 2016, 11:10 AM

no ringer here. Your bet offer was an insult to anyone who is healthy and ever played the game at a decent level. 3 of 30 attempts from 3 point range??? Really. Didn't like my first offer how about this: If I don't make 1 shot you get $1,000. If I only make one or two you get same $1,.000. If I only ate 3 you get $500. However, for each shoot I make over 3, you pay me $800 period. no limit

so there you have a fair and reasonable offer and it needs to be an all cash deal. Interested? let me know and we'll get it set up.

Feb 21, 2016, 2:24 PM

are you being guarded by a D1 player.. 6-7 or above...with a TV audience and several thousand fans in the stands or just shooting in the backyard?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll put $1,000 on me

Feb 21, 2016, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Grantham= ]

Making more 3s out of 30 attempts than you.

#### I'll put my $1,000 to your $800

Feb 21, 2016, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Grantham= ]

I'm still here waiting for you or someone else to take up my bet!! What seems to be the problem? Getting a little scared at the bucks you might lose? If so, maybe next time might be smarter to close the old mouth before the ignorance spouts from it.

Feb 21, 2016, 2:38 PM

You serious , Clark ?
First of all ...and this one is probably a little over your head , My statement started with " I bet not one person on here ..." .
Secondly , theother qualifier was that you would have had to have been downing on Grantham .
It wasn't a bet . That ends your shot at any money .
Let's dig deeper though , into your seemingly desperate attempt to make some quick cash off of doing nothing more than making a few basketball buckets .
Do you need some spare cash ? Maybe we could meet up and shoot jumpers , man who makes the most out of a set , two out of three takes an agreed upon total .
Interested there Labron ?

DB23

Feb 21, 2016, 5:10 PM

FYI I was downing him a few weeks ago. Second, seems like you made the big statement but can't back it up. i made you a very fair offer/. Take it or leave it but in any case next time be careful what you say. you clearly are a little too young to risk any money. Big boys play for big bucks. I'll wait for your final answer. And no I don't need a loan but prefer to sucker a light weight like you! Easy money.

Feb 21, 2016, 5:35 PM

I'm 46 . You make a lot of assumptions , and you have a lot to say on this internet message board about how good at shooting buckets you are .
Just talk away Lebron , nobody ever has to know the real you .

DB23

Feb 21, 2016, 8:06 PM

Just because I said I can shoot free throws and 3 point shots does not mean I was a great shooter. ?What it means clueless is that I know the mechanics of shooting THOSE shots and with very little practice the mechanics return just like the pre shot routine in golf.
You're the one who challenged anyone who was downing Grantham on his shooting and I called you on it and apparently you either to poor to put up the bucks or to proud to admit you really made a bad mistake and either know very little about the sport. or expressed yourself very poorly.
So it's time to put up or shut up! or admit the stakes are too big for you. I'm waiting.

Feb 21, 2016, 8:32 PM

You're not much of a reader , huh ? There was no bet , that was your misinterpreted interjection .
Had I have said " Hey I will bet anyone money if they can ..." . I didn't, but you wanted to say something about it anyway .
No skin off mine . No doubt I could probably still hot 25% of my 3 point shots , and I bet I'm at least 60% from the free throw line . Grew up with a hoop on a pole in my back yard . Played HS basketball , church ball afterward . Still play with my kids .
Don't want to bet because my money has important uses , but there is some guy up there offering on another post . Look him up .

DB23

I'll take that bet allllll dayyyyy long***

Feb 21, 2016, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Grantham= ]

Feb 21, 2016, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Grantham= ]

The people on here didn't get D1 scholarships to play basketball either ya DA.

Feb 21, 2016, 5:37 PM

Well , that was kind of the point . If you want to down on a person for what you percieve as their failings , shouldn't you at least be better than they are at what it is you're berating them about ?

DB23

Potter did get way better his last season.**

Feb 21, 2016, 10:16 AM

nm

Re: Potter did get way better his last season.**

Feb 21, 2016, 10:37 AM

He has had some great moments and I believe he could be really good next year. He needs to keep his emotions in check. When he gets all amped and celebratory, he starts chucking 3's and forgetting his bball basics. When focused he is pretty smooth on the court and has some creative finishing skills. Please don't bring up Milton Jennings again. His name should not be said in the same sentence as Granthan. Met Jennings once, nice guy, but I wouldn't trust him to catch a beach ball. Unless it had some kind and an Xbox inside.

I agree. Grantham and Jennings aren't similar.

Feb 21, 2016, 10:40 AM

I could see Grantham being pretty solid before he graduates.

Re: I agree. Grantham and Jennings aren't similar.

Feb 21, 2016, 10:57 AM

I sincerely think that this guy is going to be a great one . He certainly has the athletic ability , and his defense is solid .

DB23

Feb 21, 2016, 10:36 AM

At this point, DG doesn't have a versatile offensive game. Unlike JB who doesn't mostly depend on shooting the three, he hasn't shown the ability to take the ball to open spots around the lane area. He's mostly been a spot up shooter hugging the 3pt line and getting an occasional layup which has resulted in a relative lack of FT attempts. He has less FT attempts than Djiite who's playing about 17.5 minutes less per game. Also, he has 54 more three attempts than JB.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Grantham is much better than Potter or Jennings.

Feb 21, 2016, 6:10 PM

He is averaging 10 ppg as a sophomore and is an improved outside shooter. He is active, plays hard on defense, and gets some rebounds too. He isn't a complete player yet, but he will improve.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I disagree with both things are you insinuating...

Feb 21, 2016, 6:15 PM

First, I think Potter was VERY under-appreciated. He fit OP's system just right, and was exactly the type player OP wanted. He was long and athletic, played good defense, and could be a matchup problem for teams.

Grantham is a more polished offensive player than Potter was, IMO. Grantham's length is a plus on defense, and I feel like he has one of the highest bball IQ's on the floor. There are things he needs to do better, such as attack the rim and rebound. I think he has a good touch from the outside, and I have no problem with him letting it fly. He's a true soph. as well.

he has potential,coaching could unleash it,if he misses his

Feb 21, 2016, 6:52 PM

1st shot,his confidence is shot,he lacks effort on the boards & blocking shots,a good coach could bring it all out

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 39
| visibility 4,681
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic