Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Grantham needs to sit!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Grantham needs to sit!!!

Jan 30, 2016, 2:08 PM

Who is his backup?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's played like Milton Jennings the past few games.

Jan 30, 2016, 2:11 PM

Don't know what has happened with him.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

that thought popped in my head today too***

Jan 30, 2016, 2:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's played like Milton Jennings the past few games.

Jan 30, 2016, 2:16 PM [ in reply to He's played like Milton Jennings the past few games. ]

Perfect comparison

8-41 (16%) from the field in the past 3 games.

Jan 30, 2016, 2:17 PM [ in reply to He's played like Milton Jennings the past few games. ]

Going to have to shoot his way out of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

OMG---That is just sooooooo cruel

Jan 30, 2016, 2:19 PM [ in reply to He's played like Milton Jennings the past few games. ]

That is the worst insult in the history of Clemson basketball...

Look - I like Grantham. I think he was the most basketball

Jan 30, 2016, 3:02 PM

ready recruit we had signed in a long time. He had legitimate basketball skills; he was not just an "athlete" (like so many Clemson recruits over the past 40 years) that we hoped we could mold into a basketball player. In that way he was everything Milton Jennings was not. Unfortunately, he has been terrible recently. I hope he pulls out of this slump and realizes his potential, but I fear he may be limited by his lack of athleticism.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Grantham needs to sit!!!

Jan 30, 2016, 2:25 PM

well, there is the answer. he basically has no backup. if he sits, we have to go to 3 Gs.. and 3 small Gs at that. really can't play 2 of nnoko, idy, or legend together, which mean Bloss can't slide down to 3 very much. certainly, donte isn't playing very well right now, but our options are limited.

roads wins are tough to come by. FSU has some athletes and if you let them get i n flow, they're tough. relax. we're ahead of where anyone thought we'd be right now.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2016, 2:42 PM

i challenge anyone to find a tougher 9 game stretch to open acc play. anyone in the country.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2016, 2:29 PM

I'm still waiting to hear who else we have on the bench who's 6-8 and can guard the opponent's swing man....I think much of Donte's offensive woes recently stem from the defensive assignment he frequently draws....keeping a guy covered constantly and off the boards can keep ya out of the best offensive position in transition.........Grantham's just in a slump and our limited rotation is not finding his points elsewhere.

but the Tigernet coaches probably know better than I do.....

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2016, 2:31 PM

good points but does he have to shoot 12 shots and make one for heavens sake?

Jan 30, 2016, 3:00 PM

do you not think that BB would not have told him to stop shooting if that is what BB wanted?? You tell him to keep shooting hoping he will start shooting and get hot or semi-hot in order to take away all the D they were putting on Jaron. Plus the bigs were in foul trouble and we needed to outside shooting to open up under the basket. Geez, it is not rocket science

you have no clue....

Jan 30, 2016, 3:06 PM

yes, the kid has struggled with his jump shot. but that's simply timing and selection, not that he needs to stop shooting.

both he and JB would do well to generally stop shooting early-game jumpers

and concentrate on driving to the basket and getting to the line earlier and earlier.

I think you'd see his average go back up,

but his jumper would like improve to as a consequence of

shooting more rhythm shots and more typically with less pressure.

Jan 30, 2016, 3:09 PM

Would be more effective if he focused on a mid range offense around a shorter perimeter instead of just settling for 3 pt tries. Can't recall him shooting 12 to 15 foot shots. Its either 3s or layups.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Nah, he just needs to settle down and stop playing so fast.***

Jan 30, 2016, 3:13 PM

He's too weak to take the ball inside with any confidence.

Jan 30, 2016, 4:25 PM

He just stays out on the perimeter. No excuses for a kid not taking advantage of all of the resources he has available to him and getting stronger over the course of a college career.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never easy to play with a hangover***

Jan 30, 2016, 4:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2016, 4:45 PM

Not too many options to go to. With the transfers sitting on the bench, that won't be a problem next year.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic