Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gotta brag about Dabo & our coaches this morning...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Gotta brag about Dabo & our coaches this morning...

Oct 5, 2012, 10:15 AM

Written by a high school friend of mine (also a fellow Clemson Alum) on Facebook this morning:
"I need to take a moment to brag about the Clemson Football Coaching staff. Maybe brag is not the right word, but show that is more than just football. I am sure these types of things happen all the time, but i can only speak of what I know. I know Clemson people know how g
ood of a person Coach Swinney is, but other fans may not.

I was at MUSC tonight with a friend who was visiting a sick relative. As I was walking towards the room, I heard someone call my name. When I looked, it was Nick Collins, the father of Nick Collins, the young man who almost lost his life in the awful accident.

The elder Collins and I talked briefly and then he invited me to Nick's room to visit with him. As I talked to the younger Nick, who oh by the way is looking good, I looked around his room which was covered in get well cards and banners. I also noticed that he had a Clemson jersey hanging in his room covered in autographs for this year's team. He was proud of his jersey and loves his Tigers.

So upon finding out that, I immediately called Tony Elliott, who is the running back coach at Clemson and hails from James Island. I didnt get Tony, but left him a message explaining Nick's situation and also that he was going to have major surgery on tomorrow (everyone pray for him) and that it would be neat if Coach Swinney could call him with some words of encouragement.

Not 30 mins later did I get a call from Tony saying that he would relay the message to Coach and that he would attempt to get coach to call him tonight. Well happy and proud to say that Coach Swinney did make that call, talked to Nick and absolutely made his night.

So I want to publicly say thank you to Coach Swinney and Elliot for what they did tonight for making Nick's night! Its little things like that make the difference and make coaches stand out. GO TIGERS!"

Win or lose, gotta love our Clemson Family...Happy Solid Orange Friday! :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gotta brag about Dabo & our coaches this morning...

Oct 5, 2012, 10:19 AM

We definitely have the best Coaching Staff in the Country!

Point for sharing! Very proud of our coaches and players!***

Oct 5, 2012, 10:26 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanx for posting. So much more than football. +1.***

Oct 5, 2012, 10:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2012, 10:41 AM

I don't know what kind of parent would not almost insist his kid take a Clemson Football scholarship offer with the leadership example they will get from Dabo and his staff. It should be a no brainer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2012, 11:32 AM

It's good to point out at this time that Coach Swinney really has some important things on his schedule right now. Like Georgia Tech. So it is especially gratifying to know that he can take the time to help others when he could easily delay that call until the pressure of saturday is gone. A similar situation to the one that I posted about prior to the championship game last year involving the young cancer patient. There really are good people in the world and Clemson folks don't have to look very far to find quite a few. GO TIGERS!

Oct 8, 2012, 7:33 AM

I am so proud of our University and the folks we have in leadership positions. Dabo sets a high standard for others to follow, and I believe he sets that standard, because that is the standard his parents raised him to strive for. He is leaving a mark at Clemson way above and beyond wins and losses (which are pretty good, too).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that Nick Collins who lives in Mt.P and in real estate?

Oct 5, 2012, 11:41 AM

Also Nicks salon?

Thanks!

Re: Is that Nick Collins who lives in Mt.P and in real estate?

Oct 5, 2012, 1:05 PM

Yes to both

Thanks for posting....it'd be nice to see this plastered

Oct 5, 2012, 1:05 PM

all over the front pages of the media alongside that stupid speeding ticket incident....but, Coach Swinnney going out of his way to pass along encouragement and support to guy preparing for surgery just isn't controversial enough.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks for posting....it'd be nice to see this plastered

Oct 5, 2012, 4:33 PM

76:
You deserve a POTD.

Ron

Because the media will not pick up stories like this,

Oct 6, 2012, 10:05 AM

is it OK for us to cut and paste to FB? Believe me, FB stories get around too.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic