Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Russell Athletic Bowl Prediction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

New Story: Russell Athletic Bowl Prediction

Dec 29, 2014, 10:32 AM

Russell Athletic Bowl Prediction

Clemson and Oklahoma kick it off Monday in what should be one of the better contests of the bowl season. Can Clemson's defense continue to shine against a high-powered Sooner attack? Can the Tigers limit the turnovers? We find out Monday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll go with your better half's take... : )

Dec 29, 2014, 10:37 AM

Although you're probably right.

Re: New Story: Russell Athletic Bowl Prediction- 1/2 off

Dec 29, 2014, 10:41 AM

for Russell Athletic Bowl supporters?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Except for GT

Dec 29, 2014, 10:46 AM

we haven't given up more than 20 points since September, and 13 of GT's points came on defense.

If Stoudt can avoid picks (the Oklahoma secondary is their biggest weakness) then we can keep the score low and thus keep our odds of winning higher.

Cole...this is bulletin board material!!!

Dec 29, 2014, 11:18 AM

David is saying you can't win this game for us....Let that soak in Cole.....

#itstime
#ALLIN

That should do it!

Dec 29, 2014, 3:00 PM

Cole will be DW like today.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

David is a smart man.***

Dec 29, 2014, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Cole...this is bulletin board material!!! ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm going with Nikki

Dec 29, 2014, 11:37 AM

Didn't she win the regular season pick 'em?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: New Story: Russell Athletic Bowl Prediction

Dec 29, 2014, 11:50 AM

A Gut feeling will sometimes be forced b/c we try willing the ending through positive thinking for someones actions to be a good thing for them. I'm guilty of that at times b/c I want something good to happen for another person. And now I'm left with this Gut feeling of seeing pictures of Cole with a happy face bragging about more than just knowing the play book better than the fans. I'm hoping He actually executes the game plan much better for himself over anybody else. Cole needs this for Cole and his team that he leads way more than he needs it for the fans and the crowd. My Gut feeling is that today is Cole's day to shine. And the Lord knows he needs it. I have prayed for Cole to turn things around in doing a better job with his thinking in the game. I have prayed that Cole doesn't have to carry the burden of letting his team down for the rest of his life. If we lose, for Cole's sake I hope it has nothing to do with the way Cole himself played the game. For me personally, I want us to win more for Cole and the team. With my aging memory and forgetfulness, I'll have to ask someone this time next season, who did we play last year in the bowl game, and I'm serious....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2014, 12:50 PM

Your post is exactly how I have felt leading up to this bowl game! Thanks for putting it into words.

No reason to think Cole will

Dec 29, 2014, 1:13 PM

Magically become a better QB with time and preparation. I'd love to send the seniors out with a win, especially those on the defensive side of the ball. However, my confidence in CS getting the job done is slim. Ah well, Go Tigers.

Yall 40 year olds talk crap

Dec 29, 2014, 12:04 PM

About everybody else spelling and grammar on here, even go out your way to call someone an "idiot" or "dumb". Well D Hood since these 40 year olds who obviously have man crush on you won't tell you, I will tell you. Please start prof reading you literally misspell or typo on just about every post you type up. We been knowing we're playing Oklahoma for weeks not Oklahoma St.. And in the words of the 40 year old tigernet school teachers, you my friend are an idiot.

is that all? well Clemson 17 Oklahoma 13***

Dec 29, 2014, 12:08 PM

and by the way, you may be getting called that for reasons

Dec 29, 2014, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Yall 40 year olds talk crap ]

other than spelling and grammar......just saying......lighten up Francis

Re: and by the way, you may be getting called that for reasons

Dec 29, 2014, 12:14 PM

It can't be other reasons when nobody on here knows me personally. And I'm good, im just doing the same thing these Tigernet HS teachers do. Calling him an idiot and checking his grammar.

Hell, some softie called me an idiot cause I have 2 E's in my username. If that's not pathetic then idk what is.

your personality comes across in your posts. I don't like

Dec 29, 2014, 12:24 PM

the "grammar police" either...it's a freakin' sports website for goodness sake but we can't go bashing good men like David Hood for others bad manners. I suggest you ignore those that you don't like and quit insulting pillars of TigerNet. Let's talk football! Who do you like today?

Re: your personality comes across in your posts. I don't like

Dec 29, 2014, 12:30 PM

That's what I'm saying, it's a sports website but people on here are just so worried about grammar. like it makes them feel accomplished on correcting somebody's spelling, give me a break.

But to answer your question, I say it's gonna be a close one tonight due to our QB. If Watson was playing, we would win handly. But we have Stoudt starting And it doesn't matter how long he has been preparing for this game I just dont feel comfortable with him starting this game.

CU 17, OKLAHOMA 14

I'm cautiously optimistic that Cole is going to have a good

Dec 29, 2014, 12:35 PM

game I have absolutely nothing other than orange colored glasses to base that on but I hope he does for his and all of our sakes.

Re: I'm cautiously optimistic that Cole is going to have a good

Dec 29, 2014, 12:46 PM

I was optimistic about Cole all season until that GA Tech game. The way he played that game was just ridiculous. I lost all hope in him as a player since that game.

But the glass is half full when I say that because I still think we win today due to our top ranked Defense. Cole is gonna have to manage today and not turn over the ball.

Dec 29, 2014, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: your personality comes across in your posts. I don't like ]

Well for the life blood of the men in orange, who da h&ll else would you say we start. When it's only Frank standing at the top of the bridge where you're about to drown in the cold waters below. You look up and see Frank standing there with a life vest in his hands, and you know Frank can't hit the ground with a hand full of sand. Are you going to yell up to Frank and tell him don't throw the vest b/c he can't hit the ground with sand. I'm betting you're going to say you can do it Fr Fr FrFrankkkkk, I know you can, just do it, just throw it off the bridge. B/c if you pissss Frank off and make him nervous, that ### life vest you very badly need, it just may end up on the bank far away from your freezing drowning assss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2014, 1:03 PM

I believe I would have prepped Nick. That what this armchair coach would have done!

If you are so paranoid about it, learn to communicate better

Dec 29, 2014, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: your personality comes across in your posts. I don't like ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would like to thank the Universe for providing us with

Dec 29, 2014, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Yall 40 year olds talk crap ]

excellently ironic post. It only fits that a post decrying bad grammar and typos would seem to have been written by a barely literate person.

Yep. You must be a 40 year old

Dec 29, 2014, 12:47 PM

Who loves spending time on here. Pathetic

I'm about a decade younger than that, but it would seem

Dec 29, 2014, 12:53 PM

more pathetic for a 20-something or teenager, who should be out partying or socializing, to spend time on here rather than old people or middle agers, who have more of an excuse to sit at home.

I started on here when I was a teenager so I should know.

Either way, I wrote more coherently than you when I was 12, so age probably doesn't have much to do with it.

I'm 57 and wrote more coherently when I was 10....***

Dec 29, 2014, 1:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm about a decade younger than that, but it would seem

Dec 29, 2014, 1:16 PM [ in reply to I'm about a decade younger than that, but it would seem ]

I get on here to read the updates and topics. I don't comment on every single mistake like you and your 40 year old posse does.

Btw we're on winter break and I'm in Orlando, so yes I do have time to call people idiots.

Good. Go to Seaworld and swim with a Great White...***

Dec 29, 2014, 1:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is "prof" reading in your run-on sentence? GFY...***

Dec 29, 2014, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Yall 40 year olds talk crap ]

What's happened here?

Dec 29, 2014, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Yall 40 year olds talk crap ]

Everyone forget what the RA is for?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SCar Grad, for sure

Dec 29, 2014, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Yall 40 year olds talk crap ]

Awesome Rant - Then, you type "We been knowing" in your post. Hilarious...

I thought I had this under control and WHAM all of a sudden

Dec 29, 2014, 2:52 PM

we're back in the ditch.....

Please tell me you're not a Clemson student.

Dec 29, 2014, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Yall 40 year olds talk crap ]

If you are, I can feel the value of my degree falling by the second.

Dec 29, 2014, 12:22 PM

FYI. Second line of the article says Oklahoma St. At least that's how it shows up on my phone

Even our homers are picking against us...is Cole that bad?***

Dec 29, 2014, 12:37 PM

Pisss Poor when folks who work on TigerNet

Dec 29, 2014, 2:42 PM

pick against our team.

Shame on you folks.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why? You've seen our offense without Watson. What's

Dec 29, 2014, 3:42 PM

wrong with him trying to be realistic with his prediction? Let's hope he is wrong by the way.

Well, based on the outcome of the game, those 3 didn't know

Dec 29, 2014, 9:41 PM

spit about football did they? They fell for the hype and b.s.

Pick a new line of work, may I suggest towel attendant in a bordello?

Why? This isn't called sunshinepumpernet.com***

Dec 29, 2014, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Pisss Poor when folks who work on TigerNet ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well what should it be called? We think we are big time

Dec 29, 2014, 9:49 PM

sports journalists dot com?

If this place hadn't been started as a website for Clemson Tiger fans, we wouldn't come here. If reporting and writing has a home team slant, what bad will happen? Nada!

If I want so-called objective sports journalism, I sure as helll am not coming to TigerNet to get it. I do not mean to seem unkind, but the best writing I see on a regular basis, has come from posters, not Associate or asst. editors, etc.

I want the reporting to have a Clemson flavor and that also means, it should favor Clemson. If not, change the danged name of the website, and start taking on the world of sports and fighting tooth and nail with everyone else. You have a built in advantage on a niche if you are bright enough to know it and use it.

Even a dog doesn't take a dump where it eats.

Re: Well what should it be called? We think we are big time

Dec 29, 2014, 9:53 PM

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard

wow. i think this is the first time . . .

Dec 29, 2014, 2:51 PM

i've seen david predict a loss. yikes.
i hope you're way wrong.

they can't pick from their heart,only their head

Dec 29, 2014, 3:01 PM

I hope he's wrong too

I'm just glad brian Bosworth doesn't play for OU anymore

Dec 29, 2014, 4:53 PM

I watched the 30 for 30 film on him the other night and he was a beast. Probably one of the best linebackers to play college football. To bad he a had a big mouth and his arrogance got in the way bc if not, there's no doubt he would of been in the hall of fame

34-13 OU, OU has 14 on turnovers*****

Dec 29, 2014, 5:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Oh Yee of little faith. How WRONG can someone be!?!?!***

Dec 29, 2014, 10:22 PM

HA! (and in a good way)

Dec 29, 2014, 7:11 PM

I'm SOOOO glad you were WAAAAAAY off. And no, I don't apologize for the caps ;)

Re: HA! (and in a good way)

Dec 29, 2014, 8:22 PM

this is what I call CLEMSONING!

Got a feeling

Dec 30, 2014, 7:19 AM

I can't help but feel that Clemson is going to win big. I say Clemson 40 OU 6. Go to Vegas with this guys. I got a good feeling. GO TIGERS!!!

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic