Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good story on Kelly Bryant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Good story on Kelly Bryant

Apr 11, 2019, 2:13 PM

https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/04/11/kelly-bryant-missouri-clemson-transfer-ncaa-sanctions
">

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow

Apr 11, 2019, 2:20 PM

The receiver saying he's used to Drew Lock's perfect reads and perfect throws. Saying it's been hard to adjust to KB. That's not very flattering.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Wow

Apr 11, 2019, 2:28 PM

I noticed that, too.

“There’s a lot of moments where I check myself, because I’m so used to catching passes from Drew, from him making the perfect read and perfect throws, all the crazy throws he can make,” receiver Johnathon Johnson says. “It’s kind of hard adjusting … but I feel like we’re getting better, and we can learn off each other’s games.”

Not a rousing endorsement.

All of the other schools were better choices for his

Apr 11, 2019, 2:35 PM

strength....running the ball.

For someone who has struggled in the passing game, not sure how it made sense to go to a pass happy offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: All of the other schools were better choices for his

Apr 11, 2019, 2:57 PM

No, it makes perfect sense. He wants to be a better passer.

KB's dream is to be an NFL QB and he has a lot of work to do with his passing if he wants to be an NFL QB.

That being said, I don't know how realistic this dream is. He's a good college QB, but so was Tajh Boyd. As talented an athlete as he is, I hope he doesn't Tebow away an NFL career at a position other than QB.

Apr 11, 2019, 3:04 PM

Boyd was light years better than Bryant is. Boyd threw a beautiful deep ball. Bryant has a noodle arm and struggles with screen passes

Apr 11, 2019, 4:42 PM

That's not true. He has a strong arm. He struggles with both accuracy and touch. That is not likely to improve, either.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2019, 4:55 PM

Lmao. I’m not sure who you were watching, but he isn’t even close to having a strong arm. His screen passes has an arch to them and took forever to get to the receiver. He has the weakest arm I’ve ever seen in a Clemson qb, going back to Nealon Greene.

Apr 11, 2019, 5:35 PM

Absolutely. Watch film of KB throwing the bubble screen and then watch TL. KB never had enough velocity on those sideline passes and never will unless some magic happens.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey watch your mouth talking about my boy Nealon Greene***

Apr 11, 2019, 11:37 PM [ in reply to Re: All of the other schools were better choices for his ]

Re: Hey watch your mouth talking about my boy Nealon Greene***

Apr 12, 2019, 9:43 AM

I wasn’t saying anything bad about a Nealon. I was saying I don’t remember any qbs before him, because I was too young. I guess I should have worded that different.

Apr 11, 2019, 11:40 PM [ in reply to Re: All of the other schools were better choices for his ]

Tebow would have been a great TE.

Apr 12, 2019, 6:31 AM [ in reply to Re: All of the other schools were better choices for his ]

No, it makes perfect sense. He wants to be a better passer.

KB's dream is to be an NFL QB and he has a lot of work to do with his passing if he wants to be an NFL QB.

That being said, I don't know how realistic this dream is. He's a good college QB, but so was Tajh Boyd. As talented an athlete as he is, I hope he doesn't Tebow away an NFL career at a position other than QB.

I actually think this was exactly the logic. He needed to go somewhere where there was a sophisticated passing offense in place...you can understand Mizzou; I actually thought FAU might have been a good choice. I'm not a big Lane Kiffin fan but the dude can seriously develop a QB and teach him some pro-style concepts.

Bryant's biggest problem was always his weak foundation. He improved a bunch at Clemson but he'd spent exactly one year in high school in a passing offense and his throwing mechanics were still all over the place.

Apr 12, 2019, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Re: All of the other schools were better choices for his ]

"No, it makes perfect sense. He wants to be a better passer. " - not true IMO. KB had plenty of time to become a decent passer, and he will NEVER be a decent passer, and will never play a down in the NFL as a QB. He should have switched to a different position when he had the chance. He made bad decisions.

Apr 11, 2019, 3:14 PM [ in reply to All of the other schools were better choices for his ]

Because he thinks he is a better passer than he actually is.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The receiving corp at Clemson could help a QB look better...

Apr 11, 2019, 3:16 PM

I don't care who they have at Missou...he is no longer playing with the level of receivers he had at Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dumb decision by KB to join a pass happy offense

Apr 11, 2019, 3:42 PM

Our players made him look better than what he is, he will get exposed at Mizzou.

That's not exactly true. KB probably had the weakest Clemson WR group since at

Apr 12, 2019, 8:17 AM

least 2010 to work with in 2017.

LMAO, two NFLers plus Tee and Renfrow.

Apr 12, 2019, 9:35 AM

So weak.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tee played sparingly in 2017. He wasn't close to the same

Apr 12, 2019, 12:24 PM

player he was last year. Deon and Ray Ray have combined for 5 NFL catches. I think it's a little early to call them NFL WRs.

It wasn't a bad group, but i never said it was a bad group. I said it was our weakest WR group since at least 2010 and i would like to see you refute that point. There's no Nuk, Sammy, Martavis, M Williams, Artavis, (2018) Higgins, or Ross in that group.

Ray Ray and Cain were both niche WRs and quite limited in what they could do. Neither was a big target that could really help a QB like Bryant that needed help. Those guys needed an accurate QB throwing to them. KB needed somebody that could go up and beat a defender for the football and we didn't have that.

Re: Good story on Kelly Bryant

Apr 11, 2019, 11:24 PM

That was a good article

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Mar 23, 2022, 2:06 PM

What does it matter? Mizzou goes to crappy bowls anyway.

Mar 23, 2022, 2:11 PM

Did I miss something? The last I heard, the NCAA imposed sanctions on Mizzou, so NO BOWL this year for them. Did that change? Otherwise, Mizzou could go 12-0 and not get a bowl game.

Apr 11, 2019, 11:55 PM

Wish him well - but never really understood the Missouri choice ,,,,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Apr 12, 2019, 7:59 AM

Kelly May have left on a sour note, but he was a Clemson tiger for 4 years. And I will never forget the second half he put together against Texas a&m when we needed a spark.

Apr 12, 2019, 8:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Apr 12, 2019, 8:38 AM

Good luck to Kelly Bryant. I hope he wins and keeps the starting job at Missouri, beats SC, beats Georgia and gets a chance to play pro ball somewhere.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2019, 9:52 AM

I am amazed that so many people had their feelings hurt by Kelly Bryant. I do not think that he made the best decision for himself, but I don't have to live with it. I understand that he put Clemson in a precarious situation, but to do otherwise would have been a sacrifice. As a parent, I preach to finish what you start, but I also preach to never give up. If KB's dream is to play QB then when he saw the writing on the wall, something had to give.

I am skeptical of what he will be able to accomplish, but I did not expect him to improve as much as he did between his sophomore and junior seasons either. I hope that he continues to improve and wish him the best at proving my skepticism to be ill conceived.

For anyone that is bothered by KB's decision, keep in mind that things worked out great for us. If Trevor gets hurt against Syracuse and Kelly has a fantastic game, then maybe our season does not end up as well. I would urge you to root for the young man and leave the past in the past.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic