Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is ET not running as hard? Are the defenses picking up on ET run plays before the play ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Is ET not running as hard? Are the defenses picking up on ET run plays before the play ?

Dec 6, 2020, 7:10 AM

I know the oline stinks, but LJ and Renchers runs were Hard Runs and looked good to me.....Maybe ET saving for NFL ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh...my....

Dec 6, 2020, 7:19 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is ET not running as hard? Are the defenses picking up on ET run plays before the play ?

Dec 6, 2020, 7:54 AM

ET is running just like he always does.

Re: Is ET not running as hard? Are the defenses picking up on ET run plays before the play ?

Dec 6, 2020, 7:58 AM

There’s something not right it seems like. He’s super fast but can’t find a hole in traffic. Or there are no holes. But Lyn J looked like a super star.

We are limping along still...D is not great and with a poor O Line in terms of run blocking, I don’t see how we compete with Alabama or OSU. The score last night seems like we crushed them, but we really did not. VT melted down.

Dec 6, 2020, 9:22 AM

There are no holes, OL doesn’t create enough separation. It’s going to be a battle with ND so we should mentally prepare to be on edge that entire game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2020, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Is ET not running as hard? Are the defenses picking up on ET run plays before the play ? ]

I agree with your comments NC. This team is not as dominant as some of the other teams over the last few years. Strange what’s going on with Travis. I definitely think he’s trying hard, but it’s almost like he’s in a slump and has lost some confidence. I keep waiting for him to bust off a long run, and he can’t seem to get beyond that 10 yard level.

I think Clemson can beat Notre Dame, and I’ll be disappointed if they don’t. That will be a great year obviously to get into the playoffs. But I’m not optimistic that Clemson can hang with Alabama. Just don’t see it happening

Yet another lame troll attempt from you.

Dec 6, 2020, 8:02 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yet another lame troll attempt from you.

Dec 6, 2020, 8:32 AM

Just cause someone posts something other than some sunshine pumping, doesn’t mean they’re trolling.. it IS obvious ETN isn’t getting it done like we’re used to seeing. Not exactly sure why,.. but it is concerning.

Has anyone noticed that the O-Line sucks?

Dec 6, 2020, 8:39 AM

None of our RBs are having much succes this year, and it's 100% on the O-Line - they are terrible at run blocking.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

This poster has a history.

Dec 6, 2020, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Yet another lame troll attempt from you. ]

It’s stupid to suggest ETN, a guy who has given his all for Clemson, is saving up for the NFL. What kind of mindless drivel is that? It’s almost as stupid as some of his posts he bombarded the board with last week.

As for your comment I agree. The fact of the matter is that the OL has underperformed but ETN saving up for the NFL? Get real.

I was talking with a buddy last night

Dec 6, 2020, 10:10 AM

and the topic about Travis came up. I suggested it would be beneficial if we started using Travis like USC used Reggie Bush. Move him around. Decoy/Assassin. Our OLine is poor in the run block area and teams are obviously keying on him. I think using him in the slot on jet sweeps and in traditional sets would make us/him that much more dangerous. Just a thought.

Good points on O-line, poster and ETN options

Dec 6, 2020, 10:25 AM

And all that said, will we learn from Dabo after the season, that ETN has some injuries affecting his explosiveness? Would not be surprised.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2020, 9:16 AM

That is very disrespectful of Travis. His legs are always churning. He's spinning. He's doing everything he can to break free. Rencher's run was late in the game. Lyn-J, I think does seem to have perhaps a quicker first step or two, but from one of the graphics from last night, I believe only 5 of Trevor's TD passes have been 20+ yds. Opposing teams are stacking the line to prevent the run. While Powell has played well and Amari Rodgers has played extremely well, they don't stretch the field like Ross did or Ladson can when he makes the catch. If Travis were saving himself for the NFL, he would have opted out. If you're insinuating that he's running at less than full effort, that's ridiculous. There's no better way for a player to get hurt. The problem is we have a very young OL. The opposing teams are stacking the box because we don't scare them with our vertical passing game. Even if perhaps Lyn-J ? has a quicker initial burst, he is not at this point the better player. Congrats on the Beamer hire! Happy for you.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2020, 9:26 AM

I think if we ran Trevor more it may loosen up things for ETN. Of course we don't want to get the best QB in the nation injured either, I do understand.

Dec 6, 2020, 9:36 AM

Maybe because of our predictability of running him between the tackles on almost every 1st down. I still question play calling. We get one great play with tight ends in middle of field and then ???

Dec 6, 2020, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Is ET not running as hard? Are the defenses picking up on ET run plays before the play ? ]

pointcove said:

I think if we ran Trevor more it may loosen up things for ETN. Of course we don't want to get the best QB in the nation injured either, I do understand.

Exactly. Trevor did great when he kept the ball against the Hokies. There were several other plays that would have gone for more if he kept the ball.

One additional point - Travis had better gains with straightforward runs. The read options/stretch plays make the O-Line have to hold their blocks longer. Quicker, straight up run plays help minimize that problem.

So do some pass plays more than 5 yards downfield in 1st downs.

Dec 6, 2020, 10:04 AM

The OL is trash.,,period...

Just watch the games and see. We are working with a very substandard interior OL...ETN hasn’t changed his running style once bit...When the 2 interior DL can successfully collapse the the A gaps it makes running between the tackles virtually impossible. The issue is the opponents DL aren’t really that good..:our OL is just that bad...

Watch every game from here on out...every designed stunt or blitz will comes directly over Putnam, Stewart, and Brockhorst...That section is obviously the biggest weak spot on our Offense and maybe on our team and the opponents know it.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

When Elliott calls a stretch counters into 8 in the box

Dec 6, 2020, 10:17 AM

on most first downs, that doesn't get predictable or anything, right?

Exactly what I thought during the game......

Dec 6, 2020, 10:44 AM

Not trying to be overtly critical of our OC, of course, but I kept saying, "High diddle diddle right up the middle."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic