Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Proud Dad Post
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 362

Proud Dad Post

Nov 4, 2020, 8:59 AM

Son had a 10U playoff football game last night. He played DT in their 4-4 defense. He had 4 sacks, 1 TFL, 1 FF, and a key pressure on the qb that resulted in a pick-6. His team won 26-0. In the 4th quarter, due to some sort of mercy rule, they gave the other the ball at mid field and just gave them unlimited downs to try and score. We hammered them back inside the 10 yard line.... definitely not mercy. More like "beatings will continue until moral improves". Junior and the other lineman smelled blood in the water and were pinning their ears back. Half way through the 4th, the other teams coach forfeited.

Junior's team had a pretty rough season and barely made the playoffs. They'll play in the championship game on Thursday with a little confidence. We'll see...

I've been harping all year about him needing to have quick violent hands, and he finally put it together. Even dropped into a 4 point stance every now and then, just to keep the o-line guessing.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: Proud Dad Post

Nov 4, 2020, 9:05 AM

I've been harping all year about him needing to have quick violent hands, and he finally put it together.

Sounds like he learned the violent hands from the best. Is that what you tell yourself to make you feel better for beating him?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe

Nov 4, 2020, 9:13 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Good on him.

Nov 4, 2020, 11:13 AM

Hope they take the title. I'd bet you learn a lot more through a season of progression like that, compared to a world-beating season with a handful of ringers on the team.

I keep thinking my 7 year-old would make a solid linebacker if we let him play football. At least, that's what my knees keep telling me after being on the receiving end of a blindside tackle pretty much every afternoon. Yard... kitchen... on the toilet... doesn't matter where I am, there's a 4-foot tall cruise missile heading my direction at any moment. Payback for not producing a sibling, I guess.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Opened this to find out

Nov 4, 2020, 12:16 PM

who your daughter punched this time.

All this time I thought it was his

Nov 4, 2020, 2:40 PM

Daughter that was playing DT

forwarded this post to Dabo***

Nov 4, 2020, 1:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Replies: 6
| visibility 362
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic