Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good ol boy from Hamlet, NC is the greatest saxophone player of all time
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,274

Good ol boy from Hamlet, NC is the greatest saxophone player of all time

Feb 11, 2021, 1:37 AM

A young apricot las from Connecticut once looked at me and said jazz was invented in New York. I thought... This person is confused.
https://youtu.be/lHUapMTgWD0

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I prefer west coast cool

Feb 11, 2021, 7:47 AM

Stan Getz

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

I had to go back and sample Stan to recall

Feb 11, 2021, 8:57 AM

why he doesn't make my pantheon, but he's got some fingering abilities that do elevate his play to renowned professional... for me, if your name is on the cover, your musicians should never upstage you, and that happens with Stan from time to time... great, relaxing sax play though... he's to be appreciated and enjoyed...
??????????????

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The thing I like about Getz

Feb 11, 2021, 10:56 AM

is that he has a very unique tone with his sax. He also fools you with his simplicity of playing. When you first listen to him you think smooth jazz. But played side by side, he is light years ahead those guys. And, you know his sound when he is playing. He is not afraid to let others in the group shine. Finally, Getz is relaxing.

Most of the time Coltrane makes me work to listen to him. With a group Coltrane, in my opinion, is forcing me to listen to him. IMO, the difference between Getz and Coltrane is like the difference between Monk and Bill Evans...

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

That doesn't look like kenny G***

Feb 11, 2021, 8:43 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I cannot recall any sax player with the intensity

Feb 11, 2021, 9:04 AM

musicianship, and accuracy of Coltrane... when he reaches for the peak of a note, he gets it without falling flat or going sharp; straight down the middle but with that strain of pulling that note to the edge of its range...
He maximized EVERY note a sax could play!!

By the way, new york wouldn't be what it is without us southern transplants... they are ignorant of their roots! LOL

The only reason that Chicago and New York

Feb 11, 2021, 11:02 AM

are thought of as the centers of jazz is because of the great migration of african americans in the early 1900's. If it wasn't for institutional racism in the south the majority of them would have never left. And when they got to Chicago and New York they faced a different set of institutional racism. Now the musicians could make money they just had to do it in specific settings/clubs. Also, many jazz greats left for europe and simply never returned.

News from USuC...

Fluxus®

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,274
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic