Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Been several months since I’ve been here...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Been several months since I’ve been here...

Feb 15, 2021, 10:48 PM

I see everyone is still getting along nicely. Somehow, I knew “unity” was a reach lol. I just don’t see compromise in the future. Not even a pandemic will bring this country together. I see two paths the people of this country want to take and there ISN’T a way to compromise in our beliefs. Gonna be a long and tumultuous few decades...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Been several months since I’ve been here...

Feb 15, 2021, 10:50 PM

What are the "two paths" that people want to take?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2021, 10:56 PM

there is the path where the GOP Trump cult stays in power, generating serious concerns over the prospects of organized human life on this planet, or we stick with our constitutional Republic and moderates on both sides meet in the middle to work together.

I imagine there are more paths, but those two seem like what we just voted on.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2021, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Been several months since I’ve been here... ]

I feel like for one side, there’s an eagerness to return to a certain past. That may mean different things to different people, but I’d imagine it was a time when politics didn’t invade every facet of media. When everyone didn’t have a staunch opinion on every major topic that wouldn’t lead to censoring if it wasn’t socially acceptable. Maybe pre social media...maybe everyone seemed a bit happier.

The other side consists of people who are unhappy with our past and the status quo. They live for change and at times it seems for the sake of change itself. They’re not wanting to walk but sprint to a progressive future. Consequences be ######, we’ll figure it out when we get there. Perhaps this group consists of people who have historically been unhappy with certain social issues that pertain to them. But they’re willing to adopt everyone’s issue as their own just for a louder voice.

I’m not sure why you’re asking me what are the groups when we’re literally in one of the most polarized times in modern history. Do you not feel the same way?

Good observations. It seems that power is shifting from

Feb 16, 2021, 3:38 AM

a republic method of making decisions among alternatives, to a cultural process of imposing values and truth on everyone. I suppose this is a change in the definition of truth and the individual. I think you said it well, that some want to package their collection of right ways of thinking and impose them on everyone, to the degree that a person who doesn't go along should be labeled as a 'bad person' and have their standing and livelihoods taken away. The person should be literally erased away. Anyone can observe that this is already happening .

We no longer accept a republic method of making decisions. Governance is becoming about ideology more than politics, with power to impose culturally determined ideologies on others - power which might include politics - becoming a legitimate battle ground.

To those who do not look at truth and individuals that way, this is unacceptable, with no way to compromise it into acceptance. Maybe those two sides shouldn't agree. That might be a fork in the road worth the price of any disagreement. At the least, each individual will have to decide whether to abide by social truth, and the cost of 'no' will be high. A few are already paying it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

or you could have balm's myopic view

Feb 16, 2021, 4:49 AM

above

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Basically there are two paths you can go by,

Feb 16, 2021, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Been several months since I’ve been here... ]

but in the long run....there's still time to change the path you're on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are, at least, three paths, actually.

Feb 16, 2021, 9:06 AM

One is phenomenally saner than the other two.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Not surprisingly, that joke went right over your head***

Feb 16, 2021, 9:22 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not surprisingly, that joke went right over your head***

Feb 16, 2021, 9:29 AM

Actually, I usually get Obed's jokes and pop culture references. Sorry if one slipped by the goalie today.

Any particular reason you felt the need to reply to me in such a fashion? Did I hurt your feelings? You don't post here often but seemed inspired to take a jab here.

In short, be less butthurt.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Why would I be butthurt...

Feb 16, 2021, 9:42 AM

because you didn't get a joke? It was a good one from Obed.

By the way, i'm the only one that thumbs up'd your fallacy post, you make some good points.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cool, thanks...

Feb 16, 2021, 10:01 AM

Just seemed you had some kind of underlying animosity with the way you phrased your post. Again, usually Obed's jokes don't go over my head.

Sorry for calling you butthurt.

The fallacy here...

Feb 16, 2021, 7:54 AM

Is the belief that America is divided into two sides. It isn't. You definitely have two very vocal fringe sides, but they are the minority in America.

The majority of Americans still identify as independent and moderate. Even then, much of the Republicans and Democrats consider themselves moderate ones.

We decide the elections. We have to listen to the rantings of both of the fringe sides who can't wrap their heads around why everyone isn't picking one of the two sides and why everything isn't really black and white like they want it to be.

Moderates/Independents run this ####. We'll be fine.

Re: The fallacy here...

Feb 16, 2021, 8:28 AM

If this is true, then the moderates need to get off their a$$es and help us fight back against the PC culture.

Fighting (no pun intended) against the PC culture, IMO, is what started to make Trump popular in the first place.

Re: The fallacy here...

Feb 16, 2021, 8:30 AM

BTW: great posts by CUintulsa® and Tall_Tiger_Two

It's being kept right where it needs to.

Feb 16, 2021, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: The fallacy here... ]

Some of those decrying "PC" culture really just want it to be okay to say hateful or racist things again.

The real problem currently is who is deciding

Feb 16, 2021, 8:58 AM

What is hateful or racist ... its gone too far when half the country is labeled that way

Hold up...

Feb 16, 2021, 9:05 AM

What official governing body has labeled half the country that way? Exactly what consequences are being levied against that half?

I'm seeing cases where somebody does something racist and a private company cuts ties with that person. Don't you agree a private company should have the right to make that decision?

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic