Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Sep 14, 2020, 7:55 AM

Friday night, did some cleaning to get ready for company on Saturday. Glued up the neck for one of the diddly bows. That went poorly. I need more and different clamps.

Saturday, ran a few errands then got ready for arts and crafts time and the game. Found design flaws in the diddly bow, watched football, drank beers.

Sunday, did a little running around town, watched more football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what is a diidly bow***

Sep 14, 2020, 7:57 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a homemade guitar that you play when you're trying to

Sep 14, 2020, 8:24 AM

diddle a guy named Beau.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I guess romance isn't dead.***

Sep 14, 2020, 8:25 AM

I guess Bromance isn't dead.******

Sep 14, 2020, 8:28 AM

Beaumance***

Sep 14, 2020, 9:33 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got bored, played with my diddly bow so much I chafed

Sep 14, 2020, 7:59 AM

Typical Weekend

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you try using more clamps around the neck?***

Sep 14, 2020, 8:01 AM

Re: Did you try using more clamps around the neck?***

Sep 14, 2020, 8:33 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Sep 14, 2020, 8:03 AM

Really good. Friday drank too much, so Saturday and Sunday football were just what I needed. I feel well rested and enjoyed the weekend. I am still extremely stressed about the stickers on the helmets though.

Anuther laid back weekend here!

Sep 14, 2020, 8:12 AM

Fri lunch with a DIL/son at Adams Bistro in Gville on Pelham - a hidden gem!
Dinner @ Sole on the Green
Sat bought several large shrubs at Head-Lee between Senneker and HogWaller, dug them in before the rains came during the evening CU game. Made shrimp & grits b4 the game. TL looked Heisman ready!
Sun cleared some brush from a large cedar tree I had cut down months ago, TVed out rest of day. Mrs made some nice turkey burger patty melts. Doc Redman did well at golf out in Smoke/Fire land....

Allsome:

Sep 14, 2020, 8:13 AM

Friday - Celts win in 7
Saturday - Tigers win
Sunday- Braves win and win 3 of 4 from Nats

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Food filled

Sep 14, 2020, 8:16 AM

Cook out at friends Friday

Pregame hot dogs Saturday

Fried chicken etc at mommer’s Sunday

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Welp, the Tigers won & the Panthers lost but I didn't die.

Sep 14, 2020, 8:20 AM

Spent the weekend in a monsoon on Sugar Mountain. Basically did nothing. Found out the joists on the lower deck are rotten because of shittie builder practices in 2009. Looking at about $6K to rip it up and do it right.

Did try out a Japanese/Vietnamese place for dinner. Had some dishes we couldn't pronounce. Excellent. Wash it down with a couple of Kettell Octoberfest beers.

2/10 cuz there was at least 2" of rain on sattidy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Good.

Sep 14, 2020, 8:22 AM

The not so good: My step mom (64) got up in the middle of the night to pee, slipped, and went head first down a huge staircase (20 steps plus a landing). My dad called us, and I went down there with wife/nurse. Decided to call the amberlamps. She's "okay", but still in the hospital with 5 broken ribs, a punctured lung, and a broken bone in her foot. She described her pain to the EMTs as a "2" out of 10.... lulz wut?

Hunted some behinds the house. Saw a bunch of doe but no bucks... didn't do any pooping from the stand.

Bought and installed the cabinets in the laundry room. It looks good.

Clemson won and I got blackout drunk.

Cooked 2 boston butts and they're good.

Cut grass.

Wife worked all weekend, so I had some quality time with the kiddos.

Bourbons consumed:
Bird Dog 7-Year (freebie from the Liquor store guy)
Old Grandad BiB
Heaven Hill BiB
Knob Creek 120 proof/12 year aged Single Barrel Store pick

Snagged up two bottles of Buffalo Trace for $23/bottle on Friday, so that was pretty cool.

THIS POST BELONGS ON THE WEEKEND BOARD.

Sep 14, 2020, 8:28 AM

Friday, work group had a virtual happy hour starting at 3:30, so that pretty well kicked off a solid night of maintaining a beer buzz. Binged the first season of The Society on Netflix with Mrs. Not a bad show...I probably wouldn't have picked it but enjoyed watching.

Saturday, woke up to chores, then went to see Mom after lunch, back home to grab bass and beers and had MEDIUM volume acoustic jam from 3-7. Pretty laid back, didn't really work on any new material but playing live is way better than practice exercises or playing along to YouTube videos by myself. Home around 7:15 in time to grab a plate before kickoff. Watched game, then took the animals on a midnight stroll around the block. Somehow, walking the cat around the block has now become a nightly activity as well.

Sunday, sat and drank coffee while the Mrs. informed me of all the reading she has done all weekend on how to deal with her potential diagnosis of celiac disease (biopsy/blood results should be in mid-week), which requires her to eat a gluten-free diet for the rest of her life. It ain't gonna be fun. It ain't gonna be easy. It's going to change both of our lives. When I read about it, it sounds like the memes about crossfit terrorists never shutting the fork up about crossfit. Went ot the grocery store after lunch and spent 3 hours on a short list because I had to study every label of even items listed as gluten free. Got home and wife was in the process destoring and rebuilding the entire kitchen and pantry, so I left to go hang out with mom and sis by the pool. Got home and ate supper, sat in the Big Chair pondering how my now flavorless life and probable loss of going to any restaurant is now my future. Finally got up and went and played bass for about an hour, which is my best mental medicine, then when Mrs. went up to bed sat down and watched the only 30 minutes of NFL I saw this weekend. Walked the dog and cat around the block, then crashed.

What looked like a high scoring weekend got punked a little on Sunday, so 17.45/19 Covids, and that's factoring in a Tiger football victory.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

East Coast Party don't ever End.....

Sep 14, 2020, 8:37 AM

Although supplies are running low.

Friday got my prescriptions straight with BCBS and Medicare. Watched Braves lose. Ate pizza.

Saturday Watched college football in what seem like forever. I feel the Big 10 will vote to play. Ate leftovers. Watched Braves win. Watched CU kill Weak Florist. Munched on leftovers.

Sunday watched NFL. Falcons suxxored. Brady probably cried. Ate Zensation Zalad. Granny had grilled chicken sammich combo. Watched Braves win.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty, pretty, pretty good

Sep 14, 2020, 9:01 AM

Friday: no idea, I know I went to bed early and ate pizza

Saturday: up early and headed to Cootlumbia for some FANtastic scokker action. Had two games, drew in first, messed around a bit and met stubborn_tiger® at Hometeam. Had a burnt ends sammich and a Game changers or two. Ol' Tent Dweller is a good dude and we exchanged stories. Went over for second game, we won and went home to watch the Tigers play.

Sunday: slept in a bit, watched my Raiders beat the Panties, and cooked some hibachi on the Blackstone, watched the Cowgirls lose and went to bed.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the bender is finally over

Sep 14, 2020, 9:36 AM

i was off all last week for a bachelor party / fishing trip. so I basically started drinking heavily Friday, September 4th. Cold sweats, shakes, you name it. not drinking for at least a few day

bach party parlayed into a wedding. by the end of the wedding i was completely spent. yesterday was brutal, body's coming back today.

lost my voice too...can't wait to talk to customers sounding like a raging alcoholoic

hopefully i didn't get the rona

Met up with

Sep 14, 2020, 9:41 AM

MauldinT® at Mellow Mushroom. My butt is still sore.

Relaxed my ### off.

Glad you found a sugardaddy***

Sep 14, 2020, 9:44 AM

Best in a long time...

Sep 14, 2020, 10:18 AM

Took Friday off and went to Blue Ridge, GA area with 5 other buddies for our fantasy football draft.

House we rented was amazing. Would highly recommend if you're looking for a mounting get away. Sits right were a creek meets the Toccoa river upstream from the lake/###.

https://www.vrbo.com/857128

Friday...started draft around 5:30pm which lasted about 3 hrs. Drank many beers during draft and got a decent team. After that cards and general debauchery until much later than I normally stay up.

Sat morning, moving slow. The plan was to float down the Toccoa river as the group has done in previous few yrs that I wasn't able to go. We drove truck down river below the ### to where we were going to finish and then all drive up to right below the ### to start. We timed it for 1 hour after they started generating power that day. I think previous trips was when they were only running 1 generator, but on this day they had 2 fired up, so the river was moving along much faster than I envisioned...I had a very different definition of "floating down the river" than what it was. We were all basically in pool chair floats with 2 additional cooler floats. It took us about 1.5 hrs to float down the river. I'm not sure that was the smartest thing I've ever done. Almost wiped out many times in "rapids" and on various islands, trees, and rocks in the middle of the river. Not exactly sure what would have happened if anyone were to lose their float and no one was wearing a life jacket. Did get the heart pumping though.

Back to house to continue drinking, grill out, and watch the Tigers play.

Sunday, use propane griddle to make BEC sandwiches (I'll be buying a griddle soon for sure)...then headed to Fightingtown Tavern to watch the early NFL games and eat/drink, etc... Really good wings and burgers and really proud of their draft beer. Back to house for late games. Drove back to Anderson in the evening.

Was a great weekend and first guy's weekend I've had in years.

I can just picture all you goons floating down the river

Sep 14, 2020, 11:23 AM

Count me in for next year

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Yeah...it's a good thing I got separated from the cooler....

Sep 14, 2020, 5:07 PM

Boat at the half way point. A lot of liquor shots being consumer. Scott N and his brother ended up face down in the mud. It was a bit on the dangerous side.

Not bad. Went and took care of mom's meds Saturday

Sep 14, 2020, 10:28 AM

because nurses won't touch them. Went and got birthday presents, cake, etc. for now 3yo son. Had the immediate family over for Sunday birthday party. Burgers and dawgs, and cake and ice cream. Son opened presents. Was a Blippi theme (ugh, but his choice).

Watched Clemson pummel Wake to the point I fell asleep before it was over. From what I can tell we laid an egg in the 4th when I passed out.

Pretty good weekend overall.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Friday picked up the new bike from work friend

Sep 14, 2020, 10:31 AM

who picked it up for me from the bike shop in Denver, NC. We met close to Crowder's so we took the kids on a sunset hike up Crowder's Mountain. That was a nice 4 mile banger but it got dark before we got down (duh). Grabbed Courtney's BBQ on the way home which was OK.

Saturday up for a run and let the boy try out his new bike which he loves. Everyone was riding better and we have three fully functional bikes for a little while. Got home and mixed up some dye for wife to take to a friend's birthday party. Wife and daughter call us and tell us to head out there too, looks like we are spending the day on Lake Wylie. Boated a little, drank a few beers, watched a little football then picked up Charanda's on the way home to catch the Clemson game. Did some tie-dying at half time. Clemson smacked thatass so Greenr followed suit.

Up Sunday for church but we barely made it. Lunch then home to wash out the tie-dyes from the party and a few dyes we ended up doing Saturday night. We are getting better and better with the dying. My new experiment are ice dyes which I really like. Hit the pool for a couple hours then dinner and work-out at home. Sleeps and back up for work.

Always thought fish is better at Courtney's than the BBQ.***

Sep 14, 2020, 10:34 AM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a compromise, my son ordered the chicken tenders and

Sep 14, 2020, 10:36 AM

they tasted like flounder with zero salt in the batter.

I don't think they had fish when I was still in town.

Sep 14, 2020, 9:01 PM [ in reply to Always thought fish is better at Courtney's than the BBQ.*** ]

Mr. C chops it way, way too much. It must be the North Carolina in him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very Tired

Sep 14, 2020, 10:39 AM

running, baseball, soccer, Clemson football, beer, liquor....

very tired. like exhausted.

8/10

-2 cause I never went to sleep

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Purdy good

Sep 14, 2020, 11:14 AM

Thurs - picked up an awesome 2004 Lexus RX 330. One owner, 76k miles. Has a DVD player in it and the accessories were still in wrapped in plastic. Thing came up from Miami. Must’ve been sitting in some little old ladies garage and only used for trips to church and the grocery store. Unreal.

Fri - packed up the wife and daughter2 and headed up to Clemson. Tooled around downtown a bit. Ate at Charleston Sports Pub. Really good burger. Went by Wall of Beer and got a few various IPAs. Back to the hotel and drink a few then crash.

Sat - Chick-Fil-A for breakfast. Took 30 minutes because they are drive thru only, no curbside pickup. Sucked, but the food was great as usual. Met ex-of, son1 and daughter1 to move him into Calhoun Courts. Move in went very well for the most part. Head downtown and all 6 of us eat at.....Charleston Sports Pub. Had the Philly cheesesteak, was very good. There is no greater joy in life than sitting in between your wife and ex-wife for a meal. Just kidding, it was actually not bad, we all get along pretty well. Do some shopping downtown and scored an awesome white cap with orange tigerpaw at the Judge’s store. Everyone got a little something. My wife even bought my ex a Clemson Mom magnet for her car. Head back to Aiken in time to catch the game downtown in the Alley. I knew MauldinT® wouldn’t be at Mellow Mushroom, so caught the game at Tailgate Tavern. Tigers don’t cover ??.

Sun - Wife’s sister is in town from D.C. so meet her family, local sister and family, and her parents at the park and see everyone. Come home for an afternooner. Hit Grumpy’s pub for two beers and a little football, pickup Taco Bell for the family.

All in all, really good weekend. Beer, Clemson, redhead things, football. What’s not to like?

Miss my son already though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Busy,

Sep 14, 2020, 11:43 AM

Friday practice

Saturday: All morning cutting grass. Not my own grass. Other people's who need help. Then scrimmage that evening.

Sunday: Finally got to my grass. Family day at the pool. Then had one of the valves I just replaced for the shower break. Daughter of decides she is going to turn the knob as hard as she possibly could. Spent all evening trying to figure out how to turn on the water long enough to take showers etc without flooding the bathroom. Ended up having to solder the thing back together. Took a personal day today to fix.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Dangson. 6 months of vacation, back to school

Sep 14, 2020, 11:53 AM

for 2 weeks part-time, and ALREADY TAKING A DAY OFF?

Yeah I didn't want to but there's only

Sep 14, 2020, 11:57 AM

one hardware store within 80 miles that has those valves and can't find them online either.

I bought backups as well.

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Sep 14, 2020, 12:10 PM

Friday drinking. Good.

Saturday yard prep for grass seeding this week. Fried chicken dinner (Deacon's Dinner) - watched our Tigers play winning football. Excellent

Sunday slow - LLC tax wrap up. Tostadas and margaritas. Good.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bittersweet...

Sep 14, 2020, 2:02 PM

Friday helped daughter of pack her stuff into boxes, bags and various totes. Took everything out of wife's 4runner but seats for three and then to bed early. I think we had pizza for dinner.

Saturday up at 6:45 to shower, ####, shave and load car with daughter of's stuff - barely fit. Squeezed an over night bag in with the wife and I's things and then off the Charleston. Arrived right on time for her check in window and unloaded contents of car onto to curb to await the call that we could move it all in. Took two trips to get her stuff up to her room and then we decorated it how she wanted and left it behind to go to lunch and Target. Lunch at Swig and Swine in West Ashley was outstanding. Between the three of us we had pulled pork, hash and rice, brisket, chicken wings and brunswick stew. All amazing. After target we dropped daughter back at her dorm and checked into the Mills House. Walked around charleston and had a bunch of drinks in various establishments before heading back to Hotel to change for dinner.

Ate at Revival and it was one of the four best meals I've eaten. The other three were in Hawaii and San Fransisco. Pan seared Grouper was amazing. Back to hotel with a bottle of wine to fool around.

Sunday, woke up and fooled around some more then hit Eli's Table for breakfast. Love that place. Then walked around Charleston for a couple of hours before heading over to hug daughter good bye. Made wife let daughter get out of the car after wife convinced her to let us give her a lift to get coffee. Hugged and said our good byes then drove back to Columbia. This is my oldest and one of the children my wife brought with her into our marriage and she's probably one of my favorite people in the world. Just an all around good soul. She's going to set the world on fire.

Wife held it together until last last night and I held it together until my two year old was walking around the house this morning calling for her sister. It was a moment.

Depending on what I focus on it was either a 10/10 or a 3/10.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, did watch the Tigers play but that was, under the

Sep 14, 2020, 2:03 PM

circumstances, not the biggest part of the weekend. Watched sporadically once the game was well in hand. But still fun.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Them feels

Sep 14, 2020, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Bittersweet... ]

Dropping my son in Clemson on Saturday was surreal. Even though he lived with my ex most of the time, I saw him all the time and we did a lot together, especially going to the golf course together the past couple years. Weird knowing that I will only see him occasionally now, but I know he is excited for this next chapter.

I know brother...

Sep 14, 2020, 3:33 PM

blah blah blah next chapter and everything but we'll probably have to do the dinner table in missing man formation for the next few weeks.

Got me misty eyed reading about all that

Sep 14, 2020, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Bittersweet... ]

sexual intercourse you got to have. Hotel sex is the best.

Misty eyed.... did you @tiggity yourself?***

Sep 14, 2020, 3:46 PM

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic