Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Nov 18, 2019, 7:59 AM

Friday night, stayed in. Watched some The Fox and The Hound on my hopefully free Disney +.

Saturday, Sharkgirl took a Saturday off for once. A buddy of mine did a Friendsgiving concert at his house. Lotta food, lotta music, missed Baylor's collapse.

Sunday, back to work trying to get rid of a russian olive tree in my yard. Thing is so tangled in the fence and dogwood tree that progress is slow. I felt kinda bad removing a nearly perfect bird's nest but eh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, the Tigers won, the coots lost but I didn't die.

Nov 18, 2019, 8:03 AM

Fairly a great weather nada weekend. Watched football, waited on dat sideline report and consumed a few beers.

9/10 (-1 cuz the Panthers sux)

Wood dew again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Meh...Tigers won so that was nice

Nov 18, 2019, 8:07 AM

other than that it was cold and rainy pretty much all weekend so just a lot of hanging at the house watching football, eating, and drinking.

Made an awesome pot of chili yesterday.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rough

Nov 18, 2019, 8:13 AM

Friday: Took a personal day for BIL's wedding rehearsal since some wise person decided 3 pm on a Friday was the perfect time for that. Held it at a gorgeous vineyard. However, it was freezing cold inside due to it being a large shed with plastic sheets hanging down and nobody told the people it started at 3 so there was no heaters present.

Saturday: Started off fine. Then went to ####. Reaction case went out in the Tahoe. That's a 2k repair in a vehicle that might be worth 2k. Stranding me, my son, and the dog in town. Hitched a ride back with my parents. Fine whatever. Get me and son of ready for the wedding (the girls have been at the venue since that morning). Get in wife of's car and hear a loud roar and it's pulling really hard. Stop by the same mechanic who came and helped me earlier. Wheel bearing is out. Wife of's response... "yeah it's been doing that all week".

Great. $200 repair.

So the truck that I wasn't quite ready to buy. I'm now going to have to buy. Except now it's going to be a few years older and more miles because I wasn't going to be set to buy a newer one until late spring.

Anyways, was a good wedding. Had a lot of fun. Lots of drinks.

Sunday: Laid around the house all morning nursing a hangover. Went grocery shopping then to get the family hunting truck to use until I can pinpoint a truck. Went to wife's friend's house and had homemade pizza. Spent all night last night with heartburn and indigestion. Barely got any sleep.

Get to go talk to the bank today to see what we can afford down to the dime with a truck.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

That sucks***

Nov 18, 2019, 8:18 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which part?

Nov 18, 2019, 8:19 AM

Or do you just mean his whole life in general?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Yep. That one.***

Nov 18, 2019, 8:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I pulled up the 0-60 times for F150s

Nov 18, 2019, 8:25 AM

Quite impressive for all 3 engines

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats great for when you need to go truck racing***

Nov 18, 2019, 8:31 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ok***

Nov 18, 2019, 8:33 AM

Vehicle problems blow. I know. Especially when you are

Nov 18, 2019, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Which part? ]

forced to make a vehicle change when you weren't quite ready.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If it would have waiting 5 months

it would have been fine and somebody else's problem

If it truly is only a couple hundy like ineligible said

Nov 18, 2019, 8:36 AM

below (used), that is worth delaying 6 months IMO. Greenr can't mechanic the crap out of anything though, that is outside his "watch youtube how-to videos and give it a shot" expertise.

The part isn't the problem.

Nov 18, 2019, 8:40 AM

it's the price for the mechanic to drop the tranny and put it in. This is the same dude that my family has used for 20 years and he still says it's not worth the money. At least not for my vehicle.

I googled the "reaction shell".

Nov 18, 2019, 8:53 AM

I don't regularly dissemble transmissions, and I'm not sure how someone can make that exact diagnoses without dissembling the transmission, but whatever. But if it needs a transmission, get a used one from a junkyard and replace the busted one. I cant imagine a used transmission being more than say..$1000?

Remember...the cheapest car you can have is the one you already own.

fake edit: I looked up a used on one ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/i/202583626604?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=202583626604&targetid=596466042148&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9010525&poi=9057148&campaignid=6470719340&mkgroupid=77931583832&rlsatarget=pla-596466042148&abcId=1140476&merchantid=113755880&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIk6-JhvTz5QIVA4eGCh1gow0jEAQYAyABEgI5cvD_BwE

plus $500 to swap it out. There may be some computer/electrical stuff that has to be programmed, but that should be part of the $500.

So 1500 for a vehicle that MIGHT BE worth 2000

Nov 18, 2019, 9:04 AM

that's kind of my point.

But you said you wanted to wait 5 months, right?

Nov 18, 2019, 9:14 AM

What if getting this car fixed buys you another 6-12 months? You'll save enough to recoup hit to your down payment pile, have an even bigger down payment saved up, and save more than $1500 in interest.

This is assuming the car is in good shape otherwise. Sharkgirl was faced with a very similar situation back in 2017. Her Jeep liberty was a piece of junk. She'd managed to save up a small down payment on a newer vehicle. The choice was between decimating said down payment and hoping it bought time to save it back up. In this case I was convinced we were throwing good money after bad so we got the $500 from Carmax and went on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Tahoe is not in good shape.

Nov 18, 2019, 9:21 AM

Massive dent and cut in rear quarter panel.

Had a fire in it (fixed though but looks like #### because I couldn't match the same colors of the dash)

Gauges are messing up. Thermostat gauge doesn't work at all. Gas gauge works sometimes.

Has right at 300K miles on it.

Headliner is falling down.

Among many other minor issues not including the tranny.

Once again, based on my mechanic and multiple other people, it won't be worth it for that vehicle. Wife's car, yeah no problem. Not that one. If I drop 2k, I would not recoup my loss.

That's why I'm driving the family hunting truck until I can find a decent truck in my range.

Something to get me through 5 years (a couple years for the loan, then a couple more to recoup my down payment), then that truck will be the hunting truck while I get a nicer newer one.

This is a thread about everyones weekend

Nov 18, 2019, 9:25 AM

not a thread for you to hijack and talk about all your bad decisions and cars. Start a new thread.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm replying to those replying to me.

Nov 18, 2019, 9:26 AM

Tell them to start a new thread.

here

Nov 18, 2019, 9:36 AM [ in reply to The Tahoe is not in good shape. ]

https://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/d/georgetown-2011-tacoma/7020474435.html

https://charleston.craigslist.org/ctd/d/moncks-corner-2008-chevrolet-silverado/7019489881.html

https://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/d/charleston-afb-2015-ram-1500/7018167070.html

https://charleston.craigslist.org/ctd/d/summerville-2004-dodge-ram-1500-st/7018130020.html

^^didn't start a new thread

Nov 18, 2019, 9:36 AM

No fuxs given.

Stop chasing jobs, win a few facebook games, and maybe

Nov 18, 2019, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Rough ]

a local car dealer will give you a truck.

I swear you said you had a truck, then took it back or some

Nov 18, 2019, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Rough ]

thing.

Whats a reaction case? You mean a transfer case? Get a used one for $300. Should take about 2 hours laying on your back in your gravel driveway to replace it.

Don't know what you are talking about.

Nov 18, 2019, 8:37 AM

Had a few strong leads on trucks back when I was shopping that never panned out for different reasons. So instead of finding a needle in a haystack, I was going to save up some more money and have my pick of needles. Now I don't have that luxury.

Reaction shell. I can do some minor stuff like brakes, and oil. I don't mess with trannys. Unlike certain island people.

WTH is a reaction shell?

Nov 18, 2019, 8:46 AM

Can someone help me out with this translation??

And also with telling me I'm not crazy that FBcooch brought a truck home and drove it for a couple days then took it back?

Not bad

Nov 18, 2019, 8:13 AM

Friday Lunch with a bunch of old friends, Wife drug me to some Agatha Christie play - before it was over I was hoping the killer would put me out of my misery

Saturday yard chores in the am then to DV for the dismantling of the Out of Shape Flower Arrangers didn’t get parked until 2:45 so didn’t make it to any tailgates

Sunday wrapped up with dinner at some friends we hadn’t seen in a couple of years, she’s a fabulous cook and it was excellent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Nov 18, 2019, 8:15 AM

Enjoyed a very nice weekend sans kid.

Fri - day started off kind of whacky when pharmacist declined to fill a s.cript for my wife. Got our day off to a bad, late start but got it straightened out and head down to Hilton Head Island. Meet brother, his wife, and others at Frosty Frog Cafe for food/drinks. Leave there and head to Mellow Mushroom for another couple beers. Surprisingly, MauldinT was NOT there. Head back to Moss Creek and watch a couple/few episodes of Monk before hitting the bed for redhead things.

Sat - Up to play in golf tournament at The Club at Indigo Run. Thankfully (or not thankfully) they let the tournament play on. Cold, wet, windy. The golf sucked but never had to worry about the beer getting warm. Shot 4 under, finished 5th. After warming up, tournament dinner at The Old Oyster Factory, was great but ate too much. Out for beers at some place I've never heard of. Back to Moss Creek and crash.

Sun - wake up for redhead things. Pack up, lunch at at The Black Marlin. Blackened mahi mahi sandwich was fantastic. Head back to Aiken, see approximately 900 deer on the way back but didn't smash into any of them. Pick up kid from SILs house and head to Pizza Joint for a quick slice and a beer. Home for a beer, redhead things, and sleep.

Wife starts a new job today, doing a travel nurse contract. It's local (Augusta) but about a 50% pay increase so that is going to be pretty awesome.

TLDR: golf, redhead things, beer. 9.5/10 with deduction coming for crappy weather while playing golf.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Above average

Nov 18, 2019, 8:19 AM

Fri - Had to work until 12:10. Went home and hooked up the boat, fished for 2 hrs on Broadway and caught 2 bass and 2 crappie. First movie on Disney+ was Frozen.

Sat - Left house at 9:30 to take whole family to the game. Brats for lunch, weather better than expected, 52-3. Got kids in bed around 8:00. Had relations on the ballet barre. Worked better this time around

Sun - Church in the morning, played outside, church in the evening, stayed up to late watching tv.

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Friday Meh
Saturday went bowling with some date who got too wasted at 11am. I felt like I was babysitting. Then I watched the Clemson game.
Sunday...watched Deshaun and Jackson go at it. The Texans suck. Deshaun needs so much help.

Whale.....

Friday cub scout camping trip was called off. Friday night our washing machine kicked the bucket and went out with a bang. Delidded. Yanked plug before it destroyed the walls.

Sat am borrowed BILs spare truck and went to Lowes. Bought a new washing machine and took it home and installed it. Went back to drop off BILs truck and picked up oldest cousin. He and my oldest and I snuck off to the movies to drink some toxic masculinity from a fire hose and watched Ford v Ferrari. Came back home just as game started. Drank. Slept.

Sunday am off to church where oldest sang at 8am service. Came back home then went to go see dad and take him the paper and box score. Then Publix grocery run. Got back just in time to go to inlaws for celebration of the October and November birthdays.

Clemson won. Coots lost. Free time lost. No seches as usual. No time anyway.

8/10 only because good movie and football results.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

better than most

Nov 18, 2019, 8:27 AM

Fri - chilled at home for the weekly dawghater23 family steak night. started watching watchmen on HBO...two episodes in and so far it seems pretty good.

cracked a bottle of blade and bow bourbon. not bad 9/10

Sat - woke up and had ##### and met some inspectors at new house. Lots of big ### trees in Brookhaven, but needing to get some worked on before we move forward on the house. Wrapped that up, and went down to North Ave. to drink some beers in the Varsity parking lot w/ some of my nerd buddies from college. (hot dayum did VT woopdatass).

made it back up to my neck of the woods and went over to the battery to watch our game. as expected, horrible idea. nothing but leg humping inbred dawg fans in there. paid the bar back $10 to put the clemson game on in the TV in the corner. didn't get in a fight, left around 7 and passed out by 8. stopped by Fox Bros before leaving to munch on some wangs and apps. 9/10 (minus one for spending money at the bar)

Sunday - ran errands and started packing up the non-essentials. holeeshyat we have a lot of crap. two closets full of #### from the wedding that we never even opened. new spot should have some more room for it all.

Won $2200 on a parlay card. had ##### - 10/10

Ran a practice half marathon in 2:00:11.

Nov 18, 2019, 8:30 AM

Would like to be under 2 hours on the 30th, but it's an uneven course with a lot of uphill. And I only ran half of the inclines. Lost a minute walking up the 115 ft climb over a quarter of a mile. Expect to finish around 2:02-2:04 on the full course. I'll have to wait for a flat course to run under 2 hours, but I've proven I can do it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

East coast party don't ever end......

Nov 18, 2019, 8:30 AM
Peanuts.jpg(83.8 K)

Friday Checked game cameras. Put out mor corn for deer. Watched Westerns. Hooked battery charger to wife's car and charged battery. It had sat so long since her cancer surgery. Changed health insurance plan. Got $0/month. Blue Cross Blue Shield. Made Cabbage, hamburger, and diced tomatoes in Instant Pot for wife and me.

Saturday Watched westerns. Bunch of college football. Made Quiche for wife and me. We watched Clemson manhandle Wake. Ate boiled peanuts. Drank beer.

Sunday Slept in. Watched westerns. Watched Clemson soccer. Watched NFL. Went and got Peanuts. Ate leftover Quiche.

Gonna go with 10/10

Friday - Got up. Sat in Austin Traffic to go to the closing office and sign the paper work to officially make my house mine. When I get to the house, boom - my keys don't work. So, I have to call over to the Construction superintendent for the community so he can re-key it. Took all of 20 mins, and was minorly inconvenient, but still was funny. Spent the rest of the day loading up the car and moving things to the new place.

Saturday - Got up, had movers come and take all the big stuff - furniture, TVs, etc. Well, I must have done something wrong, because I got the most useless ##### on the planet. It took them 5.5 hours to move my furniture and three dollies worth of packed boxes. I was Iivid by the end of it, and I still need to hook up my washer and dryer (also need to change the plug on the dryer - got any advice for that?). Spent the rest of the afternoon getting things moved around and organized in the new place. Finally, around 6, I left and met a couple friends for drinks at Lazarus Brewing before the Zac Clark & Augustana show. We went, we caught Zac, and then talked to him for a bit before we decided to leave and have dinner with Zac at Swift's Attic (10/10, would recommend), then come back and catch the last of the Augustana show and break down merch. After we finished, we ended up going to rainey street for a night cap, and Zac Decides to tag along with us.

Sunday - Wake up, hungover and the cable installer shows up at the new place, two hours later, I have internet, which is slow as #### since Google Fiber isn't in my new neighborhood. Then, I went back to the old place to round up all the stuff the movers left behind, meet the cleaners, and disassemble the CNC router & Table to move to the new house.

Got it all done, and now I"m ready to go back to work.

changing the plug on the dryer is simple

Nov 18, 2019, 8:36 AM

go to Lowe's and buy the one you need and then just install the wiring harness on the back of the dryer. Easy and less than $20

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Over the years I have probably bought and thrown out

Nov 18, 2019, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Gonna go with 10/10 ]

at least 3 of the other style electrical whip (meaning whichever I didn't have at the time) needed for the dryer. Go to lowe's and buy the one you don't have. Takes about 5 minutes to change out.

I think the dryer plugs are easy. I think you just change

Nov 18, 2019, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Gonna go with 10/10 ]

out the whole cord. No need to go cutting and splicing and what not.

Eventful.

Nov 18, 2019, 8:35 AM

Friday: made decision to head to fran's house in G'ville after waffling all week due to wife being sick and unsure of things. Planned to get up there around 7 and grill hot dogs for kids and hang out by fire pit and drink whiskey and the hens could gossip and drink wine. Ended up not leaving until almost 6:30 (it's like I've never met my family before), and don't get there until 9:30. It rained THE ENTIRE WAY UP. It sucked so much. Got there and drank whiskey, so at least that part happened.

Saturday: up around 8 to pack up several cars/families to head to Clemson. Planned to leave at 9, was actually 10 (it's like I've never met my family before). Didn't have tickets, also didn't particularly care because not cash-heavy enough at the moment to drop $ on tickets for kids to spend 1.5 bored quarters in Death Valley before demanding dipping dots and an exit. So, while we're waiting for the game....I get a call. Buddy of mine was nice enough to stop by to let the dogs out to supplement the ~3 times my Dad was going to swing by to let them out, and he was going to hang out with them for a bit just to break up the monotony. He lets them out in the rainy backyard, and my female, Annabelle, hops over the small inner iron fence to get to the grass area (where she's not supposed to be). This is normally effortless and she's pretty graceful, so I don't really understand what happened or how it went down, but she must have slipped, and basically impaled herself on this 2' (maybe 2.5') fence. It has points on top of it that are rounded, but not enough to blunt the force of a body coming down on them full weight. She was literally stuck on top of the fence, and buddy had to go lift her off of it. She was moving around fine, but he surveyed the damage when they got back inside, and immediately called me at the tailgate.

Dad comes over and they rush her to the emergency vet. $1,100 for anesthesia, cleaning, stitches/staples, etc. That seems about $600 too high to me, but ok, yay. She didn't get picked up until almost midnight. Buddy stayed at the house with them all night (he's a hero). Said the cone was the most pitiful thing he'd ever seen, so he took it off of her and just made sure she didn't mess with the wound. We made the decision to just leave first thing in the morning. Did actually make it into game for 2nd, 3rd, and a few minutes of 4th quarter with buddy and our daughters. Stole RH Tig's beer at halftime right in front of him, AND donated his beer to 3 gents from Denmark who were attending their first American college football game ever--great choice, going to the defending national champs.

Sunday: on the road by 8 (I've met my family before, but this is possible when you throw them in the car in jammies still half asleep). Traffic was easy af, cruised back to Chas. no problems.

Here's the damage:

The Cone of Shame--she wouldn't move from this position because scared and confused, so buddy took it off:

Figured we'd try the tshirt to see if that would keep her from trying to lick it; seems to be working reasonably well so far:

Also, decided yesterday (Sunday) was the day I needed to put in the effort for a Popeye's chicken sammie. Strategically went at 2:15ish (you know, not really lunch, not really dinner), and there were 10 or 12 cars in line. I'm certainly not getting out at Popeye's to get shot or lynched, so drive-thru it is. Took almost 45 minutes. Got two spicy sammies, and one regular for the wifey. I don't need 2, but after that amount of effort and investment, I'm getting 2.

Got home and put the first one down. This is pretty objectively a better sammich than CFA. Bun is better, pickles are better, and the chicken, the important part, is measurably better. And bigger. Was going to save the second one for later, but then I think to myself, "self, this thing is probably way better fresh, let's go ahead and eat two of them." So I went to work. Added some Red Clay habanero hot sauce (local Charleston hot sawce company, dew recommend), cheddar, pecan wood bacon, and some Chic Fil A sauce (totally crossed the streams).

I'm still invisible, as near as I can tell. I suspected I might die for several hours, but would have died fairly happy.

9.4/10 weekend on fun scale; 1.1/10 weekend on unexpected cost and aggravation scale. Wood dew first part again. Second part can eat my ass.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

point for the pup!

Nov 18, 2019, 8:44 AM

Poor girl-she looks like she hates the cone.

I thought I saw you at the game--were you tailgating on Centennial (on the Esso end)? Was going to say something but didn't want to yell obscenities at a stranger

I'm not sure which one is Centennial, but the corner of

Nov 18, 2019, 8:47 AM

Littlejohn, so probably. And just for future reference, always yell obscenities at strangers you think you recognize. It's entertaining, whether you're right or wrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember, I'm not near as big as you, so it normally

Nov 18, 2019, 8:48 AM

doesn't end that entertaining for me.

Almost exactly according to plan.

Nov 18, 2019, 8:46 AM

Friday, walked pup, drank whiskey, watched TV, crashed at reasonable time.

Saturday, a wonderful day in Clemson. Walked down to Willmo®'s tailgate and picked up the case and a half of Schlitz that he was kind enough to pick up for me, and hiked it back across campus to Press Box Road. I'll be e-mailing Dabo about this because I'm pretty sure it's an exercise that needs to be added to our strength and conditioning regimen. Hung out with Ineligible user and Lakebum1® until after kickoff, I think we might have been up 14-0 by the time I got to my seat. Out at the half to drink beers with the Danish ambassadors to Clemson and 19B® and Willmo. His daughter decided to beat me up, so I paid her a dollar to punch her dad in the kidney really hard, but sort of felt like I got cheated because he was able to walk into the stadium under his own power for the second half. RH Mom's battery dies, so after the game we had to find cables and get a vehicle into position during the exodus to jump the car off, so it sort of killed my postgame. Watched Bailer crumble Okrahomo on the way home, put up tailgate stuffs, and crashed.

Sunday, wanted to sleep in, pup did not want to sleep in, hence no sleeping in. Drowned the morning in dark roast and coot tears via the internet, attempted levels of laziness worth being chronicled by the Guinness Book of World Records, mostly achieved this save a trip to the grocery store during the Panties game (thank goodness...not worth watching) and making some lazyass frying pan burgers for supper. Watched Walking/Talking Dead. Not sure how much more viable this series is to be honest, but I'm this far so I'll stick it out until it does I guess. Fell asleep in the Big Chair and woke up just after midnight, and got up to go crash again.

No complaints, it was pretty much as I envisioned it unfolding, but I did have that melancholy feeling one gets when one realizes that tailgate season is done for year. I will award the weekend a straight up 10/10, no deductions worth deducting for, but no surprises that boosts the score with value-added points.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just to clarify:

Nov 18, 2019, 8:50 AM

you had Schlitz, and didn't give me Schlitz.

Do I have my facts in order?

Got back to tailgate with Schlitz, was asked if I had room

Nov 18, 2019, 9:01 AM

in my cooler for food and I said yes, if I carry the Schlitz to Joonyer's car, so I do it. Get back at the half and figure I'll have to move all the food to get to the beer, and lo and behold...NO FOOD. I probably should have deducted a point from my GMHWYW post for THAT, because I had already hiked the beer 7 miles before being asked to hike it again, only to not have to hike it to begin with.

The Schlitz hike was the most athletic thing that happened in the city of Clemson on Saturday, and lesser men could not have accomplished this feat.

But yeah, your facts are in order.

Not sure how I managed to do this but...

Nov 18, 2019, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Almost exactly according to plan. ]

left out TOTE1 and Death Chili. TOTEjr sat with us for the first half, and then I lost him, which keeps alive the tradition of losing that kid at Clemson athletic events. Also, Death Chili, was not as hot as years past...it was more like Hurt Your Feelings Chili. Still good, and I took home the leftovers to make assburn hot dogs at some later undetermined point further down the time spectrum.

Crazy Fast

Nov 18, 2019, 9:16 AM

Friday - play with kids, eat dinner, watch some TV, drink a couple beers, decide to go to game

Saturday - wake up hop on 835am flight, get to GSP at 10:40ish. Drive to my bro in laws house, snag him and some beers and head to the game. Watch a monumental beatdown and hit the road for Sierra Nevada. Meet up there with my sister and my bro in laws family and consumed many duck fat fries and Torpedos

Sunday - wake up hurting, hit the airport, back home in 1.25 hours, play with kids and build epic legos and eat epic amounts of pizza.

10/10 errrrrrtime

Missed the kids, but this is the only home game I have made it to in two years, so I wanted to be there and see Senior Day. Baller fun.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Nov 18, 2019, 9:41 AM

Friday: left Gangland and the weather and traffic were terrible. Took ms midland out for steaks and drinks once in Gods country.

Saturday: in parking lot at 10:00 and tailgated with family and friends. Went to game. After game watched UofSC loss again. Left parking lot around midnight.

Sunday: entire family met over in Greenville at Tupelo Honey for brunch. Back in Gangland around 4:30. Unloaded car and napped for a couple of hours.

11/11 if that is possible.

great way to end the regular season

Nov 18, 2019, 10:17 AM

Started out to Clemson early on Friday. Walked the dogs, ate pizza quiche, and went downtown. Played pool at upstairs tigertown and enjoyed their $1 PBRs. Had a beer at Nicks. Wanted to go home but forced to go into Sloan Street. Don't think I have been in there in 30 years. Their PBRs are $2, outrageous. The prison toilet in the men's bathroom is interesting.

Got up early on Saturday and was in tailgate spot by 8am. Enjoyed a biscuithead biscuit. It was OK, their biscuits don't hold together very well. SpinX chicken biscuit may have worked better. Found TOTE1 in my house along with his son and girlfriend. Should have gotten some death chili when I could have.

Walked the dogs on the d i k e around 11am which was fun and something I normally don't do. They needed exercise bad. 4 boats were parked on the beach there, boating to the game must be fun. Made cuban sandwiches for lunch along with homemade potato salad and deviled eggs. RH Tig came to the tailgate to get his Schlitz bounty. I am not sure I even offered him a beer. He probably needed one because those beers looked heavy.

Got into the game early. Flyover was unexpected but awesome. Decided to go to RH Tigs at half to get a Schlitz, oh well. 19B® gave away some of RH Tigs beer to the Danes, some of America's finest beer, PBR.

Stayed for the entire game and went down on the field after the game. Got to enjoy the drumline concert which was awesome. 2 hot latino (maybe) ladies in front of me were enjoying the drums immensely. Reminded me of this which was not the same but still:

https://youtu.be/AH-Dm-sDgtE

Got back to my tailgate vehicle and tv was on, people sitting and drinking, none of them related to me. Sweet. Stayed as long as I could because didn't want the last home tailgate to end. Finally people packed up my #### so I was forced to leave.

Got up later than normal and walked the dogs. Cleaned up, drove the bus back to GA.

12/10, wood do again and again

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

nice poast placement

Nov 18, 2019, 10:18 AM

moran

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Pretty dang great!!!

Nov 18, 2019, 9:53 AM

Saturday: worked a little and hunted. Watched Clemson kick tail, grilled backbone, finished getting deer jerky ready.

Sunday: worked and went to church. Met mom for lunch and went to look at a truck. Picked up Myfavjr. took him home, watched some football, racing, threw football until he hurt his elbow (scared it was broke), played play station, read with him, dehydrated the jerky (all day), ate ice cream sandwiches together, before bath and bed time.

I love my son!!! So much happier when he is with me!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

" dehydrated the jerky "

Nov 18, 2019, 9:59 AM

lulz

Re: " dehydrated the jerky "

Nov 18, 2019, 10:00 AM

aint that what you are supposed to do?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm usually trying to get it wetter, not dryer***

Nov 18, 2019, 10:15 AM

Re: I'm usually trying to get it wetter, not dryer***

Nov 18, 2019, 10:26 AM

I really do not like the season I used. I used to soak it in a marinade for two-three days.

Pure debauchery. Sex, drugs, rock & roll. F*&^K YEAH!

Nov 18, 2019, 10:45 AM

kidding of course

Friday - dinner out with just lil'APM and Mrs. PAW. lilAPMette was at the Ariana Grande show and the littlest ones were at a church babysitting event. lil'APM will be in college soon, so this was good quality time.

Satdee - got a good run in, did some work, went to karate which was extra long due to a good bye party for one of the kids, but it was fun, came home did a little yard work, showered, watched the Tigers, drank a beer, watched more football, bed.

Sunday - church, workout at the Y, dinner, watched The Crown with Mrs. PAW, Sunday nite sexcapades, sleep.

Pretty average. Not complaining.

9/10.

DND.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good.

Nov 18, 2019, 11:43 AM

Went out hard friday night as a late birthday celebration.

Wife and I split a few beers and a 1.5 liters of saki. Then I drank a half bottle or redwine, a margarita, and a few more beers.

Had ##### twice that night.

Celebrated Thanksgiving at my dad and step-mom's.

Cleaned up around the place.

Watched football.

Went hunting and didn't see anything

Gained 7lbs over the weekend.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Pretty good...

Nov 18, 2019, 12:04 PM

Cooked Friday night for Saturday tailgate..Got to Clemson around 645am Saturday..
Enjoyed tailgating with good friends. Fiancé and I got awesome tickets for the game.. beautiful day for football.
Sunday took fiancé to the airport for Canada for a week.. not happy but such is life.

Oh and the Gamecocks lost again..

All in all
A decent weekend

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good...family, food, beer

Nov 18, 2019, 2:02 PM

no jeepin' so didn't break anything.

10/10

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 58
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic