Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning, how was everbody's weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

Good morning, how was everbody's weekend?

Oct 5, 2015, 9:04 AM

Friday: Took off early in search of boots for Saturday and to get to Clemson with as little darkness as possible. Met Shorty for some shady dealings in the IHOP parking. Partied in the big town of Central on Friday night at the Red Minnow. Total dive, but a great time. Came home and put a butt on the smoker.

Saturday. Meet up with Warlord and Son about 11:15 am and began the great pace tailgate. Walked over talked to some National Guard type dudes. They weren't looking to join the mutant army but did give us t shirts and let us watch a bit of the Mizzou - Scar game. Walked back towards tailgate, drank more beers. Went to visit Celtic, Fireball, and the STI crew. Chic was around and even had a 3Time sighting. We were accosted with some sort of awful tequila drank, but it was more than made up for by a delicious Italian beef sandwich. We then make our way back to base camp where more well paced beer swilling takes place. At some point we walked back over towards Beautiful Tiger Field to collect awesome Paw shirts from All-State. BACK to the spot for more well paced beer guzzeling. YankeeJoe and McLovin stop by. 30rack was there. 19B came by, the rain helped wash off all of our getting off on him McLovin and I have a mutual friend from his rugby days. We find that the Vegas contingent was 4 doors down so a quick visit there. At some point, Sugar Britches One and Two show up from (redacted) and give us more shirts. We got them to shotgun beers. Somebody may have pictures of them. Eventually we just started to holler and cheer towards everybody waking by. This is how we could tell what fans were ready for the game. Circa 7:45 I give up on the ticket quest and head towards Up Stairs Tiger Town. Charlie, some of you have me Charlie, was hammered. Two quick touchdowns then I held my breath for 3 hours. 3 fights break out. Charlie and his roommate try to leave in the middle of the 3rd quarter. I remind them that I have a key and they can do what they want but I am not leaving until the game is over. After the game run get some peppinos, traffic still sucks. I finally tell Charlie and the other guy that I am not leaving until they kick me out. At this point I'd stopped drinking for about 2 hours. They call last call, I limp back to the indoor practice facility, and leave with 0 traffic.

Sunday: Wake up, help some bar folks get back to their cars, eat some mexican and hit the road. Raiders Raider their game with the sucko bears. Then I slept.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yesterday's car ride back to Charleston....

Oct 5, 2015, 9:22 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty much ^^^THIS^^^

Oct 5, 2015, 9:23 AM

except live in person game attendance, got to hotel in Anderson where 3 of us slept on the floor in sleeping bags, PRAISE THERMAREST. Touchscreen on phone went totally dead about 1:30 am, took it apart to dry and crashed around 2:00.

Sunday, woke up, Bojangled, drove home in the hardest rain I saw all weekend. Phone started working again about the time we got to Rock Hill. Got home and tried to dry stuff out, watched 3 quarters of Panties game, went to grocery, came home and ate good, sat about in a daze until time to go to bed. I still feel groggy & soggy this morning.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't believe you didn't lift tickets from Stubhub

Oct 5, 2015, 9:24 AM

on Friday night, they were borderline giving them away

No access to printer, could not get

Oct 5, 2015, 9:27 AM

confirmation that I could scan the ticket from my phone.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too much awesome for one weekend

Oct 5, 2015, 9:25 AM

Friday: I knew it was going to be a good weekend when I left work and there was zero traffic on 85 even with semi wet conditions. Got tailgate supplies and then had people over at the house till about midnight. I drank delicious Monkey Shoulder scotch whiskey most of the evening. In bed by midnight.

Saturday: Up and collecting the Chickfila platter by 7am. Headed to our spot in the parking garage by 10:00 and began the long pacing day. We had two spots in the bottom of the deck and then combined forces with those around us so it ended up being a big party with everyone in spots 1-8 in the corner of the garage. We finally got the satellite working about 11 and got to watch the end of game day and lots of football throughout the day. I did not leave the garage except to use the bathroom and get more beer until it was time to head to the game. I managed to get lucky and get the invite from my buddy to his company's box. The box was dry and warm with hot food and a full bottle of Woodford Reserve among other less enticing liquors. Much cheering and drinking happened throughout the game and at half time I ran out to the RH tailgate where I met RH, Celtic, 19B and a few others. Things were getting a bit fuzzy at that point. I made it just in time to help them kill their bottle of Woodford. Back to the game for more loud cheering and drinking. I felt bad for the one ND fan in the box, but he was a good sport about it. After the game we walked back to the garage where I was informed that there was no more room in the truck because of all the drunk ####### so I slogged my way home in the rain. I had managed to stay mostly dry all day up to that point, but oh well, the tigers had one and there was a hot shower waiting for me at the house. Shower. Sleep.

Sunday: Hardees for breakfast and then didn't leave the couch all day. Lots of football and video games.

10/10 wood do again

ROH

I forgot that 19B had the Woodford. I texted Wilki to see

Oct 5, 2015, 9:35 AM

where he was with the traveling bourbon show and he was 'stuck in the mud in Toccoa'. I let Joonyer talk me into leaving my huge cooler so we had just short of three cases of beer in his. There was none left after halftime. Also just remembered drinking Fireball with CD_Vegas_Tiger who I hadn't seen since I was out in Las Vegas a couple of summers ago. Turns out his family tailgate spot is about 5 spaces down from ours.

The traveling Bourbon Show did not travel? I was expecting

Oct 5, 2015, 9:51 AM

epic selfies with bottles of bourbon I can only dream of. TBH, I figured there would be one of someone guzzling pappy through a hardware store funnel.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I put a pretty good hurting on several bourbons

Oct 5, 2015, 10:42 AM

that you can only dream of, but I was stationary.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I needed one more day to recover from Saturday

Oct 5, 2015, 9:35 AM

That was a great win, but staying up until 7 am celebrating put a hurting on me. It was also miserable waiting for traffic to die down enough to make it worth leaving, luckily I made it back just before the second band of rain moved in. No more rain.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang ole', I tell you wut, man.

Oct 5, 2015, 9:37 AM

A couple things:

- the water shoe strategy was a bad idea, and if I could do it again, I'd go buy some decent rainboots. That said...I forgot I had feet after enough liquor. Finally broke out the sweetass orange Dockers, and the bottom third of them are brown now. Haven't evaluated the ass portion of said Dockers, may also be brown after that 4th quarter.

- found Dowd and his unbelievable tailgate; if you guys have never witnessed that spectacle, I'd recommend stopping by. He even said this one was a fail due to conditions, but that whole pig on the smoke said otherwise. Impressive stuff.

- I couldn't tell you the last time I got blackout drunk--it's been at least a decade since that happened. But damn if I didn't lose most of the night after the game. We decided to jump on the field, and I wish somebody was taking video of that attempt. I don't remember exactly, but I think I flipped over the wall onto the grass, and smashed my face into...I don't know, a person, or wet turf, or something. I vaguely remember standing up and almost falling back down due to drunken concussion dizziness. Doesn't matter, rushed field. Staggered back to RH tailgate, think I had some sort of heart-to-heart discussion with celtic, and then the night went mostly blank. I remember falling asleep at Waffle House or Huddle House, whichever, and my handlers trying to force me to wake up and eat breakfast-like food. Woke up in a bed, do not remember getting back to the house, water shoes are completely MIA. Yeesh.

- drive home wasn't bad yesterday, except for traffic in Cola. Rained most of the way, but only dumped in a few spots for a few minutes. The guy we stayed with, former roomie at Clemson, grew up in Cola near Fort Jackson, where his mom still lives. She has 2' of water in her house as of Saturday, may be worse now. There are homes on their street with water up to the roof. It's insane what's happening in that town.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My song would possibly be different had I gone in the game,

Oct 5, 2015, 9:44 AM

but I ended up happy with my sandals until the last walk to the car. While my feet did get wet, they would also dry out. The last walk rubbed my heels raw though. Maybe even so far as a cut on one of them.

I knew after the game when you told me that you were going

Oct 5, 2015, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Dang ole', I tell you wut, man. ]

to drive a school bus filled with nuns, babies, puppies, and kittens back to Charleston after the game that I shouldn't have given you the keys, but the Vegas line on you was so good that all I could see was a huge profit from the lock.

The nuns, babies, puppies, and kittens thank you.

Oct 5, 2015, 9:55 AM

Anyway...what do I do with them now? They're eating all my food and I don't really feel like going out in this mess.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are the inlaws still in the driveway? Just pass them over

Oct 5, 2015, 9:58 AM

?

Aunt and Sis as you were leaving Saturday night:

Oct 5, 2015, 10:00 AM [ in reply to The nuns, babies, puppies, and kittens thank you. ]

"Oh my God, he's not driving is he?!?!!?"

I'm glad my drunkenness didn't go unnoticed.

Oct 5, 2015, 10:01 AM

That would have been a terrific waste.

I went full circle and started actually getting a hangover

Oct 5, 2015, 10:12 AM

once the game was over. Like I said earlier, I let Joonyer talk me out of bringing Big Bertha. He thought we would have enough beer in his new K2. Between that and losing Wilki to mud in Toccoa, I feel like I could have poured on a much more epic drunk to what was already a pretty epic drunk.

I also hate I didn't get pics of the cute Allstate girls shotgunning Schlitz with Joonyer.

Whoops, just checked my phone.

Oct 5, 2015, 10:14 AM

Obviously I DID get a pic.

THIS NEWS IS ALMOST AS GOOD AS BEATING ND!***

Oct 5, 2015, 10:29 AM

WSB.***

Oct 5, 2015, 10:32 AM

Glad you dropped by and I was able to contribute

Oct 5, 2015, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Dang ole', I tell you wut, man. ]

to a blackout drunk. I think I am going to skip the GT game. I can't take this 3 weeks in a row any more.

Dude you were hammered. Do you even remember me stopping by

Oct 5, 2015, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Dang ole', I tell you wut, man. ]

the RH Tailgate after the game? I thought you were holding the tent up but really the tent was holding you up.

I do not.

I may have been too drunk to pan that low though, in fairness. And now that you mention it, I do remember holding onto the tent for stability.

Yes we had a good discussion. Glad we did as.......

Oct 5, 2015, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Dang ole', I tell you wut, man. ]

it's been to long. I went to shake your hand and head back in. You said 'eff that come give me some love and a bro hug as you proceed to lift me off the ground lol.

As I leave I'm wondering if he remembers this tomorrow ;)

And we need an official like Shorty to decide who's taller, you or Swimmin

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, a strong drunk front moved through Sattidy evening

Oct 5, 2015, 9:42 AM

Made up for it with a good discussion at Sunday School on the Pope and politics. Had a buddy from Chicago buy dinner last night,whilst he sported his ND shirt...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Awesome on so many levels.

Oct 5, 2015, 9:50 AM

Friday, didnt work on the house cause I was tired.

Saturday, change of plans for my daughters 2 yo party; had it at our house instead. It was great, she loved every minute of it and can now sing happy birthday. I think she is going to be confused when its someone elses birthday since she probably thinks that Karis is part of the song. Packed up went to McLuv's house to ride to the game together. Stop by joungegate and meet droolez and aero for the first time. Droolez relived the first time he posted on here and everyone hated him. Shorty stopped by for 5 seconds... its confirmed, hes short. Went into the game... should have hammered them. Its great to be disappointed by a win against #6 team. ND OL was freakin ridiculous... dude had at least 5 seconds almost every time to throw the ball. We win... I was worn out and no longer can talk. McLovin patiently listens to me complain about our play calling and why in the world do we have a linebacker on a receiver. Go to in-laws lake house.

Wake up at about 10... lounge around, go back home around 4, lounge around... go to bed. Then wake up to go back to a job that I hate.

McLovin

and none of the other @ worked...

@sShorty
RH Tig

this thing sucks***

Well you put too many "s"es in shorty so you didn't even

Oct 5, 2015, 9:53 AM

really give it a chance.

ROH

that was only becaue it didnt register the first one...

Oct 5, 2015, 9:54 AM

it was right on my screen and even had his name pop up. I selected his name... so this thing really sucks.

How did you get from NY to Clemson so fast?***

Oct 5, 2015, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Awesome on so many levels. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

couldn't get much better

Oct 5, 2015, 9:59 AM

Went downtown Friday and drank for awhile. Drove over to Lot 1 on Saturday at 8am expecting to drive right in and there were 50 cars in line. Had to drive up past Fike and do a u-turn to get in line. Tension was high just trying to get in the lot. The lot was quickly "full" because they reduced the number of cars allowed in to about 1/3 of the normal amount. Checked out gameday for a bit. Turned into a mudfest in the lot and there was a massive slip and slide constructed in the middle. It was a great tailgate. The crowd at the game was awesome. Most of us stayed for the whole game and we were loud. The victory was sweet. Not sure how they will get Lot 1 ready for next week.

Wood do it again. 10/10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

We done smoked 'em all.

Oct 5, 2015, 10:06 AM
untitled.jpg(395.1 K)

Put the pig on Friday night. Drank beer. Tailgated/footballed/bourboned for 22 hours on Saturday. Didn't leave couch on Sunday. Shouldn't be at work now. Useless.

I think we started towards your tailgate at some point.

Oct 5, 2015, 10:16 AM

It might have been the Allstate girls that stopped us.

I would really, really to be a fly on the wall when they

Oct 5, 2015, 10:18 AM

share their version of the story.

Allstate girls?

Oct 5, 2015, 10:24 AM [ in reply to I think we started towards your tailgate at some point. ]

If I missed this story, I apologize, but it sounds like it might be a good one.

Is that Lakip?***

Oct 5, 2015, 10:17 AM [ in reply to We done smoked 'em all. ]

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes.

Oct 5, 2015, 10:25 AM

You can tell by the pigskin firmly planted on his skull.

TIL that Aero likes Italian meat

Oct 5, 2015, 10:11 AM

TXtigerfan

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ummm Don is Italian, not TXTF.***

Oct 5, 2015, 10:17 AM

null

Message was edited by: aerozeptallica®

Twas great with one exception

Oct 5, 2015, 10:31 AM

Someone ran out of beers and I did not get my post game celebratory beer.

RH Tig

It seems like I've started a tradition.

Oct 5, 2015, 10:33 AM

A really huge victory means I have to owe you a beer.

Seems that I've drank beers after small victories as well.

Oct 5, 2015, 10:35 AM

Hayull I would have taken a Bud Light Lime if that's all that was available!

Exactly, It means the beer needs finished before the end of

Oct 5, 2015, 10:39 AM

the game. Thus no beers for you. I wonder if there as a beer to be had after FSU '13? If there was, we know the answer to the riddle.

I will accept the blame for this one.***

Oct 5, 2015, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Twas great with one exception ]

McLOVIN SHOWED UP AND DRANK ALL OF OUR BEERS AND THEN LEFT

Oct 5, 2015, 10:39 AM

WITHOUT EVEN VOMITING.

That's unexcusable!***

Third weekend of Chuck E. Cheese parties

Oct 5, 2015, 10:51 AM

This one was self-inflicted.

Friday - Wifeof- and I took sonof- out to dinner since daughterof- was at a cheerleading practice. Got word that the fields for t-ball the next morning were going to be closed. Otherwise quiet night.

Saturday - No t-ball. Daughterof-'s game for cheering was moved from 10:30 AM to 7:30 PM. What the fugg, people, do you not realize the most important game of the weekend starts at 8:00? Spent the later afternoon at Chuck E. Cheese for sonof-'s 5th birthday party. He got some decent swag after collecting 1500 tickets over the afternoon. The Chucksters made the wrong pizza for the adults, so we had a whole pizza to bring home as leftovers after they brought out the right one. Crappy pizza, but the extra was free, so.... Also got a call later that afternoon that, because the cheerleaders had their competition early the next morning, they weren't required to cheer that night. Saved me having to tell daughterof- that I wouldn't be going to the game so I could stay home and watch the Clemson game make sure sonof- was in bed at a reasonable time.

Drank lots of beer. Said bad words at the TV. All ended well.

Sunday - up early for church. Made it home in time to get changed and head over to the Gwinnett County cheer-off. 3rd grade Lanier squad took home 2nd place out of 6 teams in their squad size division. Proud of my daughter, they did well and their hard work paid off. Rushed immediately from there to flag football for sonof- then home to watch the second half of the Giants game. Grocery store and home in time to start dinner. Ended the weekend asleep in the recliner with the Saints/Cowboys game on the TV.

Mets lose 5 of their last 6 heading into playoffs, but Clemson wins, Giants win, good beer and happy kids. I'll take it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

2005 White Sox backed into playoffs then went 11 and 1.***

Oct 5, 2015, 11:06 AM

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic