Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good Lowered! Will this also apply to students getting to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Good Lowered! Will this also apply to students getting to

Apr 15, 2017, 8:40 AM

class on time?

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/clemson-diversity-training-time-culturally-relative-expecting-promptness-racist

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Good Lowered! Will this also apply to students getting to

Apr 15, 2017, 8:50 AM

Some cultures suck. Welcome to America. We plan things for a certain time and expect people to show up. Don't like it, go back to Europe.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Apr 15, 2017, 8:55 AM

Preach!! Glad to see there are still Americans that get it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wife beating is cultural. Not wearing seat belts, running

Apr 15, 2017, 1:33 PM

red lights, rolling through stop signs, cockfighting. it's all good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 15, 2017, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Good Lowered! Will this also apply to students getting to ]

Some cultures may think it's appropriate to greet someone with their ##### hanging out... Is it offensive if I ask them to put it back in the stable?

I must be intolerant if I find this offensive....

Welcome to America.....

Apr 15, 2017, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Good Lowered! Will this also apply to students getting to ]

I agree,
but Europe?...

The article is about a ridiculous concept that if fully adopted, would only facilitate chaos, and inefficiency.

What's next?
Ban all watches, alarm clocks and sundials?

More proof that think tank intellectuals have too much time on their hands.
No pun intended.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Have you ever met anyone from France?***

Apr 15, 2017, 9:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Touche***

Apr 15, 2017, 9:17 AM

NM

Re: Have you ever met anyone from France?***

Apr 15, 2017, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Have you ever met anyone from France?*** ]

Their attitude is why France is viewed negatively the world over! Individually I have met many nice natives, but as a society they wonder why France is often viewed as second rate and all they have to do is consider the very concept of how they view time versus others.

Apr 15, 2017, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Good Lowered! Will this also apply to students getting to ]

So students should learn about other cultures? As a veteran college instructor I get it, but the international students I teach recognize the critical nature of time management in some ways which enhance their lives. They actually appreciate the opportunity for our education.

Using the cultural differences is an excuse for students to be late for virtually whatever they want, but individually they would be really angry if their friends, family or employees arbitrarily decided to be late, especially when it clearly mattered. As a professor I have the understood expectation of students showing up on time for class because otherwise their lateness is quite disrespectful and disruptive.

This article is typical of thinking gone amuck!!

Go Tigers!

not entirely correct on the European thing

Apr 15, 2017, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Good Lowered! Will this also apply to students getting to ]

It is common practice in Germany to be on time, and in most case, 10 minutes early. I studied in Germany and I showed up to my 3 o'clock class about two minutes early and the professor had already started the lecture lol

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2017, 8:55 AM

Wow! I am sorry, but I don't get this thought process. I just think how much I enjoy waiting on someone who was supposed to be meeting me, but who made me wait an extra 20-30 minutes. How low we are sinking in some areas, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As someone who worked in state government for ..

Apr 15, 2017, 9:03 AM

25 years and endured about 25 of these mandated quality, performance, diversity, enrichment, and employee excellence trainings, most irrelevant to our jobs, some downright silly, I am no longer surprised by anything they do.

Re: As someone who worked in state government for ..

Apr 15, 2017, 9:28 PM

Isn't that sad just how low we have sunk? I just think of myself when I am sitting there waiting for someone who didn't think my waiting was a big deal. I also think how bad I feel if I don't make a commitment. To me, it's kind of like giving someone your word. "I will be there when we agreed". To me, it's kind of like a promise. No! It's exactly like a promise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trustees, where the heck are you?***

Apr 15, 2017, 9:17 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trustees must be the problems. It is not our job to

Apr 15, 2017, 12:30 PM

conform to the rest of the world. I am not saying that we should not make adjustments but if they don't like how we
do things, then they can hit the road. Clemson is making too many concessions.

Re: Trustees must be the problems. It is not our job to

Apr 15, 2017, 9:30 PM

Way too many concessions relating to things that make us less dependable and less trustworthy. Those are the things we built our university on. I hope we re-think this.

sorry i'm late. what happened?***

Apr 15, 2017, 9:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Job assignments were handed out. Sorry, we ran out.

Apr 15, 2017, 11:40 AM

Try Taco Bell.

Apr 15, 2017, 10:12 AM

This is a waste of time and money. You have a time to be somewhere and that's that. Our world is going nuts.

One thing I learned in college was that you learned to adapt to the environment rather than trying to force the environment to fit your lifestyle. Life is about adjustments.

The diversity plan is a bunch of BS!

Apr 15, 2017, 9:31 PM

This! We are in violent agreement.

And they wonder why I don't donate****

Apr 15, 2017, 10:48 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The fact that this kind of nonsense gets anything other

Apr 15, 2017, 11:51 AM

than a fleeting glance and a chuckle before finding the trash can is indicative of just how warped our culture is becoming. Sheer lunacy, obvious and undeniable, is being rammed down our throats as not only normal, but demanded on moral grounds. When are people gonna wake up?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Amen.***

Apr 15, 2017, 12:31 PM

Depends on the culture, some people wake up on time,

Apr 16, 2017, 8:49 AM [ in reply to The fact that this kind of nonsense gets anything other ]

and some don't.

Racist!

Apr 15, 2017, 12:03 PM

Wow this is truly frightening. Even Clemson is actively participating in the decay of good old common sense values. Imagine just how bad it's getting out here all around us. I value tolerance of all people but that diversity message is not good for American values.

So I'll reciprocate your disrespect with respect. Got it.

Apr 15, 2017, 12:25 PM

Promptness is not derived from culture. It's derived from self discipline and a sense of respect for others. I served with men and women of all races in the military, and none of us seemed to have promptness issues. We also didn't expect a trophy for being on time.

Using race as an excuse, teaching stereotype acceptance, is not progress. Progress is moving forward, not lamenting what holds you back. Setting universal expectations with equal opportunity for growth/advancement as consideration for meeting those expectations should be the goal.

Good Lowered! Will this also apply to being late to a topic?***

Apr 15, 2017, 12:38 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dumb

Apr 15, 2017, 1:12 PM

I'm Latino and we are viewed as a people that are pretty chill when it comes to time. In many cases like weddings and parties....yes.....In the professional world, absolutely not. Like another poster said.....just another excuse to be late and March to the beat of your own drum. I would hope something like this would catch fire in this country. If I was a business owner, I'd expect my employees to work on time.....period.

wow. this stuff makes it to the nazi blogs, and suddenly

Apr 15, 2017, 1:36 PM

tigernet has it burn through it like a fever.

1)stop being an idiot;
2)stop being hopelessly gullible;
3)obviously this is something from a business class on dealing with different countries and their business cultures.

^^^Godwin's Law^^^

Apr 15, 2017, 2:46 PM

"Johnny Olson, Tell them what they won!"

^^^Godwin's Nazi^^^

Apr 15, 2017, 5:42 PM

just get a grip. the fact you found this on the Blaze just means that somebody realizes gullible idiots will click on pretty much anything.

Triggered Much?

Apr 16, 2017, 8:25 AM

Name Calling...
So tolerant and inclusive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znfsa1sfnIQ

Germans. Germans. Germans. Germans

Apr 15, 2017, 1:37 PM

Germans. Germans. Germans. And more Germans.

https://youtu.be/ZPJlyRv_IGI

No, Germans are always on time.

Apr 16, 2017, 8:48 AM

Racist.

Apr 16, 2017, 8:32 AM

I think the point of the article is to just be aware of the difference in punctuality for some cultures. I do agree though that one should follow the customs of whatever country they are in. If it's a conference call follow the customs of the country the company is based out of

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic