Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wild thought maybe, but if Urban
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 4,837

Wild thought maybe, but if Urban

Jan 14, 2021, 1:00 PM

Meyer gets the job at Jacksonville, which is looking like he will . .any chance he trades away the first pic? Not saying he wouldn't covenant Trevor, but maybe he wants Fields or someone else. If he traded back a few, could maybe still get a QB and add some extra picks. hate to say it, but Trevor could still end up in NY :( I think the Patriots would be a great place for him to prosper, don't discount that . .although I'd hate to see it happen. Lots of possibilities.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trevor is a big reason Urban is going to Jax.

Jan 14, 2021, 1:05 PM

I don't see any way they don't stay at #1 and take Trevor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

He may not covenant him, he could trade the pick and maybe

Jan 14, 2021, 1:10 PM

get a QB, thus paving the way for Trevor to end up in NE...It all makes perfect sense

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You never know, Trevor could drop to the 2nd round

Jan 14, 2021, 1:30 PM

and Jacksonville could get him then. Urban would be looking like a genius in that case.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: He may not covenant him, he could trade the pick and maybe

Jan 15, 2021, 11:00 PM [ in reply to He may not covenant him, he could trade the pick and maybe ]

My vibe is the city of Jacksonville is waiting on Trevor with open arms. It wouldn’t be a popular 1st decision for a new hire to pass over him, especially if Trevor ends up lighting it up somewhere else, JMO.

Re: Wild thought maybe, but if Urban

Jan 14, 2021, 1:07 PM

Don’t think it would happen, but Meyer no don’t has seen Fields up close in other aspects of the Buckeyes program, not just performance in the games. If that gave him some comfort about passing up Trevor, then maybe he does look to get more picks for the rebuild. It would be a decision that could haunt him however.

yeah, not saying

Jan 15, 2021, 2:47 AM

that I would agree . . but you never know what someone else is thinking . . and also getting more players for a team that needs a lot.

Good Lord, just how stupid are you?***

Jan 14, 2021, 1:08 PM

How deep is the Titanic?

Jan 14, 2021, 2:14 PM

Something along those lines, perhaps.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2021, 2:30 PM

Word has it he prefers Fields .But why trade away the first pick. Take Fields if he wants.
I'd hate to see Trevor in New England.
I can pull for DeShaun in either Houston, or Miami, but no way, no how do I ever pull for Trevor in Foxsboro.

Word has it he prefers Fields?

Jan 14, 2021, 2:45 PM

I could post 100+ links that suggests you're wrong, but I'll just give you 3 to save time

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/urban-meyer-enamored-trevor-lawrence/571827

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/14/before-the-season-urban-meyer-ranked-trevor-lawrence-ahead-of-justin-fields/

https://nypost.com/2021/01/14/urban-meyers-preference-between-trevor-lawrence-justin-fields-is-clear/

Re: Word has it he prefers Fields?

Jan 14, 2021, 6:18 PM

You never know until it happens. Just some interesting scenarios out there, never say never until you see what a team offers. It does take 11 players, and teams at the bottom usually need more than just a QB :)

Jan 14, 2021, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Wild thought maybe, but if Urban ]

You'd trade back in the draft in that position because you can add picks while still getting the player you want. The Chargers traded down from the #1 pick to the #5 pick in the 2001 draft and added a 2nd and 3rd round draft pick.

Now, they probably wouldn't want to trade all the way back to the #5 pick because Fields could be gone by then, but even if they simply trade back to the #2 spot with the Jets they could probably get at least a 4th or 5th round pick in exchange. Why not take the extra pick when you can still take the guy you want anyway?

The rookie salary also goes down with each pick. Last year Borrow earned a salary of $6.58 million as the #1 pick, and a signing bonus of $23.9 million. Chase Young earned $6.28 million, and a signing bonus of $22.7 million as the #2 pick. Why not save that $300,000 in salary, and over 1 million in signing bonus money if you can by moving down a spot?

Even if it were true he'd rather have Fields (it's not)

Jan 14, 2021, 3:54 PM

I could throw the same logic back to you, why would the Jets trade up, committing more salary and signing bonus while spending additional picks when they can get Fields at 2?

link?***

Jan 14, 2021, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Wild thought maybe, but if Urban ]

Jan 15, 2021, 2:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Wild thought maybe, but if Urban ]

If he does . he can get Fields later I believe. And get a t least one other player. They need a lot there.

Jan 15, 2021, 9:45 AM

Wisest thing Urban could do is to hire Deshaun Watson.
TOL

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2021, 3:41 PM

Problem with that is you don't get 5 relatively "cheap" years out of your QB.

Jan 15, 2021, 10:53 AM

Stop. Drinking. The. Moonshine.

And read this article. Don’t leave out the part about one scout having three QBs ahead of Fields. Name a scout that has Lawrence anything but #1. If Urban passes up Trevor, then it will be a tell tale sign that his head issues have gotten worse and he is border line dementia.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/14/nfl-draft-jaguars-crush-jets-trevor-lawrence-dream-again/

Jan 15, 2021, 3:44 PM

The point is . . no one is saying Trevor shouldn't or wouldn't be the first pic. The question is who will be picking first. There's a lot to be gained by trading back. Sometimes so much it's hard to resist.

Jan 15, 2021, 6:23 PM

"covenant." Really?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ClemTigs

Jan 15, 2021, 8:44 PM

If he was hired to put the final nail in the coffin then yes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2021, 10:20 PM

What kind of covenant does he have with Trevor?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 4,837
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic