Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Very serious COVID post.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 496

Very serious COVID post.

Dec 14, 2020, 10:44 AM

Stepping out of the APM character and being 100% sincere, I wanted to share some scary COVID news with y'all.

As we know, several Lungeites have had it and that alone should make us all wary of the virus. I hope you all take it seriously.

This weekend, yesterday in fact, I got a double whammy of COVID news about people I know pretty well. Yesterday morning, doing my usual morning social media check, I found out a running buddy of mine and a GREAT guy was in ICU on oxygen and they were discussing putting in a feeding tube if his oxygen levels continued to drop. Now this guy is a Clydesdale (running talk for a big feller) but in great shape. On top of that, both of his parents in Wisconsin are positive for it. But hearing my buddy was struggling that much, knowing he's in good shape, that is scary.

Then we log on to our youtube church service. There are in-person services, but we have only been once since the onset of COVID. We got the news via email that some on the worship team were positive and the church would not have in-person services until the 19th. BUT the senior pastor comes on yesterday morning and shares that the assistant pastor (an ordained guy whose full-time job is as an accountant), was in the ICU with COVID and pneumonia. This guy is probably not in as good of shape as my running buddy but is not a fat slob either.

So APM personally knows two people in the hospital, both in their 50s, both relatively healthy, both in very serious condition.

I am sure you take your reasonable precautions, but this sh*t is for real and is deadly serious.

I wish you all health and safety. Just get to the spring and we have a chance for things to get a lot better.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a sinus infection. But I don't want to go to the doc

Dec 14, 2020, 10:48 AM

because they're going to make me get tested (even though I know I don't have COVID, it's just a sinus infection, I get them a lot) which means I will be out 2-4 days until the test comes back. We are already on a bare bones crew of workers because of people either with it or quarantined.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Go get 15 minute test.***

Dec 14, 2020, 10:53 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did it.

Dec 14, 2020, 10:57 AM

It's quick and easy.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently we are not "accepting" rapid tests***

Dec 14, 2020, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Go get 15 minute test.*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Booo school nazi's***

Dec 14, 2020, 10:59 AM

A guy I work with entire family caught it

Dec 14, 2020, 10:52 AM

since they met at Thanksgiving. His 90 year old Grandmother is in critical condition. Since I work closely with him I had to go on a 10 day quarantine and worked from home all last week.

I know 3 people that have died from this thing and many others through connections.

Its not a hoax. Be safe out there lunge peeps!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very serious COVID post.

Dec 14, 2020, 10:54 AM

I was in the hospital with an pneumonia on oxygen a couple months ago. Yeah it's scary. I am still not better. STill have smell issues. I have heart issues now. I was fine 3 months ago. Anyway, pulling for your running buddy. That is scary. He has a very strong chance of being okay, luckily. Hopefully he gets back to 100% though.

A friend of mine, his mom just passed and his dad is not

Dec 14, 2020, 12:27 PM

doing well at all. Covid plus double pneumonia.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hitting FB all day tryna get an update on my running friend

Dec 14, 2020, 3:34 PM

nothing so far

which concerns me, given what his wife shared yesterday

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 496
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic