Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We are the south carolina football of basketball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

We are the south carolina football of basketball

Mar 12, 2019, 11:49 AM

Hopefully, Brownell proves me wrong, but we typically beat the teams that are worse than us (but never a guarantee) but rarely beat a really good or great team. Overall, we are better than average but not much better. This won't change with Brownell here. And beating the bottom half of the ACC isnt good enough to make the tourney.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't believe you compared us to UofSC at all

Mar 12, 2019, 11:50 AM

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: We are the south carolina football of basketball

Mar 12, 2019, 11:51 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

We're a year removed from making the Sweet 16

Mar 12, 2019, 11:51 AM

That's about the least USuCk football equivalent thing ever

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: We're a year removed from making the Sweet 16

Mar 12, 2019, 11:58 AM

And we returned 4 out of 5 starters on that sweet 16 team and won't make the tournament.

^^^Bookmarking this post for use on

Mar 12, 2019, 12:01 PM

Selection Sunday...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: ^^^Bookmarking this post for use on

Mar 12, 2019, 12:02 PM

Looking forward to a play in game are you?

^ That didn't take long...

Mar 12, 2019, 12:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I look forward to any game where I get to watch Clemson***

Mar 12, 2019, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^^Bookmarking this post for use on ]

Mar 12, 2019, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^^Bookmarking this post for use on ]

Beat State and we won't be in a play in game.

Mar 12, 2019, 12:15 PM

We might beat State because they are about the same as us. They aren't a great team though. If we beat them and then UVA I'll take it all back.

We don't need to beat UVA to get in.

Mar 12, 2019, 12:22 PM

So what are you talking about?

Re: We don't need to beat UVA to get in.

Mar 12, 2019, 12:29 PM

Our resume is not great. We have 2 wins over 2 teams in the ACC that are above 500 with the va tech won being the beat at this point. Our out of conference results aren't great either. We also lost to Nebraska and Miami who are both horrible. What makes you think a win over the might NC State is our ticket in?

Honestly? The answer is the weak bubble this year.

Mar 12, 2019, 12:32 PM

In most years we'd have a lot of work left to do. This year I think the winner of our game against NCST gets in (and likely not in one of the first four games).

But back to the whole point of this subthread. You said we aren't getting in. That was your assertion, and folks are disagreeing with you. So either stand your ground or don't, but stop putting all these caveats in and making your assertion worthless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honestly? The answer is the weak bubble this year.

Mar 12, 2019, 12:43 PM

I said I dont think beating state gets us in. I'm not backing down from anything I said. If we get in by beating or not beating state then great. My opinion is that we won't in either of those scenarios unless we can beat UVA.

I guarantee

Mar 12, 2019, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: We don't need to beat UVA to get in. ]

that a win over NC State will get us in.

In a normal year

Mar 12, 2019, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: We don't need to beat UVA to get in. ]

I'd absolutely agree with you. I'm on record saying that 9-9 in the ACC given who we beat and we'd have not shot at getting in, but the bubble is garbage this year so yeah, at this point, if we beat NCSU I'd say we are pretty much a lock to make it.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2019/03/10/ncaa-tournament-bubble-teams-ohio-state-indiana-georgetown-belmont-furman

Clemson (19-12, NET: 35, Q1: 1-9, Q2: 6-3, Q3+Q4 Losses: 0)

Clemson had the week it needed to have, beating Notre Dame and Syracuse to go into the ACC tournament as the conference’s No. 9 seed. The Tigers will play NC State in their first game, and the winner of that will be assured a bid to the big dance. The loser won’t be eliminated from at-large contention, but will have a nervous few days before Selection Sunday.

That's a really good summary of the bubble teams. Our Q1 record is still one of the worst, but we have a very good NET rating compared to others and no Q3/Q4 losses. NCSU would be another Q1 win by definition.

That’s not how this works.***

Mar 12, 2019, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^^Bookmarking this post for use on ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Ok, so to recap your thread so far and realizing that by

Mar 12, 2019, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^^Bookmarking this post for use on ]

beating NCSU we are in the tournament, you said:

Clemson "won't make the tournament"

Then you say:

"We might beat State"

So basically you're saying "we won't make the tournament, but we might make the tournament."

Ok, cool.

You forgot the part where he reserved the right...

Mar 12, 2019, 12:29 PM

to take it all back.

Re: Ok, so to recap your thread so far and realizing that by

Mar 12, 2019, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Ok, so to recap your thread so far and realizing that by ]

So what's the problem? I don't think we will make the tourney just by beating NC state. I do think we will beat them though but I dont think that is enough. Just my opinion.

Mar 12, 2019, 11:52 AM

Yeah Brad does an awful job considering all the great tradition , talent, and crowd support he has. (heavy sarcasm)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm glad you let us know that was sarcasm

Mar 12, 2019, 11:53 AM

otherwise I woulda had no clue. (heavy sarcasm)

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: We are the south carolina football of basketball***

Mar 12, 2019, 11:53 AM

^^^POTD! ***

Mar 12, 2019, 11:54 AM

Mar 12, 2019, 11:56 AM

Coot Football is "better than average" football? Sayyyyyy what!!!???

Take another toke and get some sleep Fletch. ?

FOOTBALL FORUM

Mar 12, 2019, 12:03 PM

I noticed that the cyber wires got crossed because this is the FOOTBALL BOARD

I see they have those Other sports boards , do your crying over there .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are the south carolina football of tnet...

Mar 12, 2019, 12:02 PM

Hopefully, you prove me wrong, but you typically make posts that are not TDd (but never a guarantee) but rarely get a TU or Trophy Post. Overall, you are better than average but not much better. This won't change. And making better posts than the bottom half of Tnet isn't good enough to make the Hall of Fame.

Re: You are the south carolina football of tnet...

Mar 12, 2019, 12:04 PM

Ha. Great one there champ

Someone needs to say this exact same thing

Mar 12, 2019, 12:05 PM [ in reply to You are the south carolina football of tnet... ]

to cutigerbob®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

So, which of these ACC basketball schools do you wish to be?

Mar 12, 2019, 12:03 PM

And remember, you are married to their football program as well!

1. Duke

2. North Carolina

3. Syracuse

4. Louisville

5. Virginia

6. Notre Dame

7. Any of the rest

As for me and mine, I'll stay with my TIGERS!

Go, Tigers! BYOG! 2019! Another Freakin' Natty!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, which of these ACC basketball schools do you wish to be?

Mar 12, 2019, 12:09 PM

I dont want to be any other program but I would like us to commit more to basketball. We have taken a step back since Purnell. Brad is paid a lot of money and he should be better than this by now. I love the team though and not bashing the players at all.

Mar 12, 2019, 12:04 PM

Welcome back, JHop

Except we have accomplished more.***

Mar 12, 2019, 12:19 PM

Re: Except we have accomplished more.***

Mar 12, 2019, 12:24 PM

Have we though? What have we accomplished in the last 3 decades? A better than average team most years that occasionally makes the tournament. Dont forget the years we didn't even make the NIT.

Yes, we have.***

Mar 12, 2019, 12:34 PM

Re: Yes, we have.***

Mar 12, 2019, 1:02 PM

Great point. I change my mind then.

You dont have a point. You have an opinion.

Mar 12, 2019, 4:47 PM

But unfortunately for you your opinion is wrong.

Mar 12, 2019, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Except we have accomplished more.*** ]

(1) Some fans go to the games and give their vocal support. (2) Some fans don't go to the games but give their vocal support. (3) Some fans go to the games but don't give their vocal support. (4) Some fans don't go to the games and don't give their vocal support.

Judging from your comments, I believe you would fall into No. 4.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2019, 12:52 PM

So now it's the fans fault our basketball program has been historically average? Sounds like Brownell blaming the players for not making shots. Good one

Mar 12, 2019, 2:03 PM

Can you not comprehend simple English? No where am I placing blame on fans, coaches or anyone. If you would stop trying to be so defensive and read the written word, I have described four types of fans. Which one best fits you?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2019, 3:23 PM

lol

Mar 12, 2019, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Except we have accomplished more.*** ]

Joe off the top rope.

Mar 12, 2019, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Except we have accomplished more.*** ]

Mar 12, 2019, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Except we have accomplished more.*** ]

If the player is not fouled, then who else do you blame for a player missing a shot? Asking for a friend...

Mar 12, 2019, 12:34 PM

I think we found Jhops new name.

What a loser

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Mar 12, 2019, 12:46 PM

Now we resort to name calling...Haha. very nice. I'll ask your permission next time

Mar 12, 2019, 1:45 PM

Good job not even trying to deny it Jhop I mean Skeeter.

You are pathetic

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

It's funny though that not one person on here

Mar 12, 2019, 12:39 PM

Has offered any sound evidence or reasoning as to why what I said is considered wrong. Easier just to pile on instead of having a debate about it. And I was expecting the typical comment about my post history from the folks that have nothing but time to post on here. Maybe one day I too will get to 100k posts and can then fit in with the mean girls.

Re: It's funny though that not one person on here

Mar 12, 2019, 1:04 PM

Hey Fletch ..... quit digging!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2019, 3:19 PM

Clemson will never resemble the useless chickens in any sport. You lost credibility when you entered them into it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2019, 4:12 PM [ in reply to It's funny though that not one person on here ]

You gotta have goals in life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2019, 4:50 PM [ in reply to It's funny though that not one person on here ]

Flitch, your writing is eerily familiar to someone who was banned in the not so distant past.

Never really cared for those posts and you’ve dove headfirst into his same pool of drivel.

Go Away Coot***

Mar 12, 2019, 4:14 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2019, 4:26 PM

I had to attend USC cola campus for two semesters while working at a bank in Columbia The only thing comparable to Clemson at SC is the state they’re located in.

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic