Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gift of life...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Gift of life...

Jul 18, 2020, 2:51 PM

Gave blood, finally, this week. Lots of different people from all walks of life..aka: adjectives of a viewer's perception. None were labeled by the tags being bandied about on T-Net...and in day-to-day life.

All those pints of blood looked the same. Perhaps, one day, that view will carry over to all of us...as people...nothing more. Wouldn't that rate as a gift as great as the blood itself?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gift of life...

Jul 19, 2020, 5:58 AM

I spent 5 years in Europe as a child (military brat) in the mid 80s. Because of that I’m not allowed to give blood. Isn’t that some BS

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sadly, I cannot give. I tried, years ago, when my Dad was

Jul 19, 2020, 11:44 AM

in the hospital near final days. My blood came back false positive for Hepatitis on some "quickie" test that they perform on all blood draws. I have never had Hepatitis, but the nurse told me I should not try to donate in future, since what I had already donated would be destroyed, and my blood would always test positive on this quickie test. (More in depth testing confirmed that I did not then have, nor ever had, hepatitis.) I took them at their word. :(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I gave blood again this week too. I asked her if things had

Jul 19, 2020, 1:13 PM

been "Covid Crazy" at the Blood Connection also. She said "Yes, but it will be over after the election with a smirk."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It had been a years since I'd last donated...

Jul 19, 2020, 1:32 PM

Every time I'd see a drive nearby, it'd be filled before I could sign up.

They do the antibody test now...mine and my wife's came back negative...as expected. Positive would have been...ahem...interesting to grasp! LOL! Oh, well...come September, we'll hopefully hit the 2 gallon mark.

If you are able, consider giving. Essentially, 3% of this nation's population donates all the blood needed annually. That's rather staggering.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic