Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't think you Trump supporters understand
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

I don't think you Trump supporters understand

Jan 26, 2021, 7:43 AM

There have been so many "are you happy now" posts from the likes of Muiria, Manac etc.

Let's go ahead and answer this questions once and for all. This can apply anytime Biden does something...

Are we happy now?

Well, is Trump rage tweeting at 2 am behind the Resolute Desk? No? Then yes, we are happy.

Many of us didn't vote for Biden because of him. We voted for him because he's not Trump.

As stated many times, I'd vote for a clapping monkey before I vote for Trump. I wouldn't vote for Trump even if he was running for city dog catcher.

I don't care if Biden gets 0% of his platform done or 100%. He's a placeholder for 2024.

So "am I happy now?"

Absofuckinglutely.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Here's what you also need to understand.....

Jan 26, 2021, 7:58 AM

You use "Trump Supporter" wayyyy too loosely, and I say that knowing you weren't directing the general post at me.

There were a ton of people who couldn't stand Trump, but voted for him because they figured Biden would do what he is immediately doing---loosening immigration enforcement, putting our energy independent status (which is a bit of an unsung miracle) at risk in the name of saving the climate, throwing red meat to the base in the form of niche transgender orders etc, etc, etc.

If anything, Biden's predictability will probably cause a lot of people who were really sick of Trump to think that he'd have to be better than this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's what you also need to understand.....

Jan 26, 2021, 8:03 AM

There will never be a worse president than Trump was. Biden can be awful and he will be an upgrade. Hopefully the Repubs put someone quality on the ticket in 2024 who is not a complete childish divisive incompetent nutcase. All that said, there will be troubling stuff from Biden. Offering 4 billion to Central American countries is already one of them. Hopefully we find some sort of balance in 2024. Then again, Trump is going to try and divide the Republican Party and some wacky lib may win due to the divided vote.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My point isn't trying to make you love Trump.

Jan 26, 2021, 8:07 AM

Bigger point is that Biden could go two ways here, especially early on.....he could play it cool and behave like a well governed moderate, which would bring a ton of independents and probably a lot of the never-Trump right to his side, or he could pull out the post-Obama liberal playbook and target the pet projects of the far left.

It's baffling to me that he's doing the latter. If he did the former, he wouldn't lose the left, but he would gain quite a bit....he's just playing right into the polarizing see-saw game that will lose the Senate and House for the party next year if he keeps it up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems to me like he's doing both.

Jan 26, 2021, 8:11 AM

Got some moderate Dem EO's, mainly with COVID, like not dumping everything on the states and saying "good luck"

Then you got some left wing stuff like Trannys and border protection

I think that's where he will settle. Do a few things to appease AOC, do a few things to appease Romney.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ehhh, Covid is what it is, but I'll give you that the

Jan 26, 2021, 8:13 AM

"Buy Amurican" EO was a nod to both conservatives and probably the union base as well (the ones that didn't get fired from the Keystone debacle).

Shutting down the Keystone line was one of those

Jan 26, 2021, 8:17 AM

radical wing EO's.

But there is a lot of misinformation out there. So far, according to Keystone XL themselves only a thousand workers have been laid off so far.

Not the 15,000 some posters are reporting.

Not saying it wasn't a dumb move. But looking at it from the dems side, it's a trade off. A few thousand workers who "can get jobs somewhere else" (also a dumb statement to say) versus a leaking pipeline going through a major water reservoir for the Midwest.

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/politics/politifact/2021/01/22/keystone-pipeline-jobs-lost-joe-biden-executive-order-cancel-fact-check/6673822002/

I never understood it to say 10k were fired....just heard

Jan 26, 2021, 8:22 AM

that was net loss from current and future hirings (once online) that would be no more).

And the water reservoir stuff was a red herring......Trucks and trains will still be transporting the same oil, and will have a much, much higher chance of a spill via an accident than the pipeline will (as well as using up a much, much higher amount of the fossil fuel that the act is ironically claiming to move away from).

Yeah I'm not saying 10k won't be fired

Jan 26, 2021, 8:24 AM

but right now it's only 1000.

And how can you measure what won't happen? Thanks to this we won't hire 8000 people. Ok.

If you had a high school in your district that was set to

Jan 26, 2021, 8:26 AM

employ 100 teachers and 25 support employees, and the school board bans new high schools, it's reasonable to call it a net loss of 125 jobs.

Yeah but for an ongoing project that

Jan 26, 2021, 8:28 AM

isn't even half way finished? I'm not saying the numbers are wrong, I'm saying I don't know how accurate you can be at 20% of the work done at a job where each mile is somewhat unpredictable in what resources it will take to complete.

They're not winging it, man. There are engineers and

Jan 26, 2021, 8:30 AM

project managers involved that have studied the topography and know what's needed. If they're any good at their jobs whatsoever, I'd guess they should be accurate within a 10-15% margin. It's not like they're building one mile at a time and taking it as it comes.

Re: They're not winging it, man. There are engineers and

Jan 26, 2021, 9:29 AM

just shut up and admit you love trump, this is getting old. ;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So if they built it, they would have put truckers and train

Jan 26, 2021, 2:51 PM [ in reply to I never understood it to say 10k were fired....just heard ]

workers out of work?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not necessarily

Jan 26, 2021, 2:53 PM

Trains keep moving for other things, and truck driving is pretty agnostic to what's being pulled....both seem a little less niche than pipeline construction. Point taken though....I don't know if they factored in net effect into total jobs or not, I suspect not.

So far ... so much is hidden in those 2 words***

Jan 26, 2021, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Shutting down the Keystone line was one of those ]

But the Keystone pipeline highlights the problem with EOs

Jan 26, 2021, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Shutting down the Keystone line was one of those ]

No one man in our government should have the power to do what Biden did with that project.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

we agree***

Jan 26, 2021, 9:57 AM

I need to refresh my memory, but didn't Trump...

Jan 26, 2021, 10:00 AM [ in reply to But the Keystone pipeline highlights the problem with EOs ]

pave the way for it to proceed via EO?

Both would be equally wrong (if true), right?

FWIW, I very much favor the pipeline and think it's wrong to stop it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, after BO nixed it, via EO.***

Jan 26, 2021, 10:01 AM

Yep, I remember now....so let's wipe all the EO's...

Jan 26, 2021, 10:04 AM

out and let the approval be done the way it's supposed to be done. If that already happened, then the approval should stand.

But that was after W. approved it via EO.

Jan 26, 2021, 11:39 AM [ in reply to yes, after BO nixed it, via EO.*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ironically, it was George Washington who first ordered it

Jan 26, 2021, 2:52 PM

built and it's been a political ping pong ball ever since.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We had just gained a bunch of airports in the Rev. War...

Jan 26, 2021, 3:44 PM

so it would make sense we needed to expand our oil production to fuel all those planes. Remember, the Transcontinental railroad wouldn't be built until 1869 so we needed those planes.

https://time.com/5620936/donald-trump-revolutionary-war-airports/

Yes, and agreed.

Jan 26, 2021, 11:15 AM [ in reply to I need to refresh my memory, but didn't Trump... ]

I understand environmental concerns for the pipeline but I ultimately lean toward the jobs benefit.

Either way, shoulda been Congress.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Let's try to give Biden at least a full week as president

Jan 26, 2021, 8:55 AM [ in reply to My point isn't trying to make you love Trump. ]

before deciding that he lost the 2022 mid-terms.

I'm just basing that on historical precedent more than

Jan 26, 2021, 8:57 AM

anything, but he's certainly earning his merit badge for the effort.

There have been presidents that have owned

Jan 26, 2021, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Here's what you also need to understand..... ]

literal human beings. Let's be careful about who we say is the worst.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Yeah, I always take that phrase with a grade of slaw.

Jan 26, 2021, 8:42 AM

It seems to ignore a lot of history. I mean, mean-tweeting and separating kids from their parents into air-conditioned pens is bad, but not quite Marching-4000-Cherokees-to-their-deaths or Putting-120k-Japanese-Americans-in-Internment-Camps bad.

They're so focused on orange man bad

Jan 26, 2021, 8:47 AM

That historical context means nothing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's your problem.

Jan 26, 2021, 9:14 AM

You keep trying to argue "Orange Man Good," and that's a simple fool's argument. He will go down as the worst in modern history. Period.

The fact that you're having to look back

Jan 26, 2021, 9:51 AM [ in reply to They're so focused on orange man bad ]

at the slave-owning, genocidal, and internment camp establishing presidents to find one worse than Trump tells me all I need to know!

He is unquestionably...

Jan 26, 2021, 9:12 AM [ in reply to There have been presidents that have owned ]

The worst in the modern era, and probably the worst in the past 100 years. He's also been the most dangerous to our democracy.

Given his character, had he lived 200 years ago, he'd have given Andrew Jackson a run for his money as a terrible person.

Worse since Andrew Johnson

Jan 26, 2021, 9:14 AM

Going back before then you have the slavery issue. But Johnson to now, Trump is worse.

I think there's a pretty good difference...

Jan 26, 2021, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Here's what you also need to understand..... ]

Between those who voted for Trump because they just thought him a better option, and those who are the diehard, Trump-is-my-savior types. I imagine the OP was directed at the latter.

I've never faulted those who simply made what they felt was the better choice. I have a problem with the fan boys.

We are not energy independent, we are a net exporter.

Jan 26, 2021, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Here's what you also need to understand..... ]

Those are two very different things.

We import approximately 1M barrels of oil per day from

Jan 26, 2021, 2:47 PM

the Gulf states and 500k from Russia....those are the two biggest sources of oil importation that could go away in a National Security event. We export 3.8M barrels of oil per day.

Yes, by the technical definition, due to still importing oil at all we are not completely independent, but pragmatically, if push came to shove our domestic production currently being exported could be retained domestically and more than cover any shortfalls from another country cutting off their exports.

I'm an interested bystander when it comes to this stuff....if you've got some expertise in the area to share, lemme know what I'm missing.

We import 7 million-ish barrels per day.

Jan 26, 2021, 4:01 PM

Also, you can’t just substitute our oil for the oil imported from overseas “if push came to shove.” They are two totally different types of oil. Many of our refineries are not set up to process domestic oil. Maybe eventually they could reconfigure those to do so, but that’s a lot of investment dollars and time. So until that happens, we can not be energy independent, and will still rely heavily on Canada and the Middle East. Being a net exporter is great, and was a good accomplishment, but saying we are energy independent was a total lie by Trump (but what’s new?).

Like I said though 1m from Persian Gulf, 500k from Russia.

Jan 26, 2021, 6:31 PM

7m is irrelevant because I’m not exactly losing sleep at night about losing Canada’s and similar friendly countries’ supplies.

When it comes to oil, we are 91% independent. That’s fantastic and we are nowhere near the slave to OPEC or potentially the hostages of an embargo the way we were in the 70’s.

Well your whole premise about just switching over

Jan 26, 2021, 8:52 PM

to our own oil was wrong, but besides that, yes it’s good to be LESS dependent on them. We still do rely on them though, and are not independent like Trump claimed.

I'm here for this energy discussion.***

Jan 26, 2021, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Here's what you also need to understand..... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Here's what you also need to understand.....

Jan 26, 2021, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Here's what you also need to understand..... ]

Yes and Yes! Why would you not care if he gets 0% or 100% of his agenda done? While personality and demeanor are very important and Biden>>>Trump on this, I do very much care about the agenda of the Biden Administration and I don't like what we're seeing thus far.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Him being a placeholder until 2024

Jan 26, 2021, 7:59 AM

Is the most concise and eloquent way of describing I’ve heard and I like it

I don’t care if you came up with that on your own or paraphrased from elsewhere, but that’s exactly what is happening.

Re: Him being a placeholder until 2024

Jan 26, 2021, 8:04 AM

I have said that on here for months. It's what we all know.

There are no rules against disagreeing with what the Pres

Jan 26, 2021, 8:06 AM

is doing. You don't have to be a lap dog/yes-man for every decision he makes.

Unlike with Trump.

Getting nothing done

Jan 26, 2021, 8:09 AM

would be a great nod to the people that voted for him that also get nothing done.

Re: I don't think you Trump supporters understand

Jan 26, 2021, 8:13 AM

Trumps policies made my world better. His 2 am tweets never made me cry.

This is pure tribalism politics.

Jan 26, 2021, 8:30 AM

To me, this OP is saying- I am so partisan that I don’t care what this guy does To our country as long as he’s on team blue. I really, really, really hated team red guy.

I certainly didn’t love everything about Trump, but my opinion of the optics of him were 70% MSM 30% his own doing.

Also, Biden isn’t a placeholder. Biden is a puppet and that’s evident in the amount of EO’s and legislation “he” is trying to cram in in the first 72 hrs on the job. A place holder would be actually try to unify and pave the way for a transition to a more liberal pres in 24. Biden is pushing the most radical agenda in our country’s history... not a placeholder.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't take the bait

Jan 26, 2021, 8:33 AM

He's not smart enough to know what he's doing.

Re: Don't take the bait

Jan 26, 2021, 8:40 AM

That’s exactly why he’s there. “Sign here dummy and don’t ask why”

Oh, no

Jan 26, 2021, 8:49 AM

I was talking about FBCoachSC®

Re: Oh, no

Jan 26, 2021, 8:56 AM

Oops. Sorry.

Jan 26, 2021, 9:27 AM

Worst presidents of my lifetime:
3. Carter
2. Obama
1. Biden (already)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2021, 10:14 AM

It’s been an amazingly fast run to the bottom for Biden. I do think Harris will soon take the top spot though.

of course you are happy

Jan 26, 2021, 11:21 AM

You want handouts to bail you out and you are going to get them, so why shouldn’t you be happy. Meanwhile the rest of us that have to pay for those bailouts are mad.

It’s not that hard to understand.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BTW I have not asked, even once

Jan 26, 2021, 12:45 PM

"are you happy now?" or started a post with that question/comment/notion. I just point out the idiotic things he is doing from day 1.

But lets just keep praising him has he heads towards 40 EO's and lets put on two masks to pick up our kids and then get back inside and be scared forever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

says the guy who said trump was packing the supreme court***

Jan 26, 2021, 7:31 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic