Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Get off DW's ###.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Get off DW's ###.

Sep 18, 2015, 4:01 PM

If you're just have to fault somebody try looking at the three dropped passes that he put right in the receiver's hands last night. Blame the ### ball if you please but neither the ball, the offensive line nor the QB was stalled those three drives.

Checking your target before you take aim, this shooting from the hip makes you look ignorant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DW had a lot of chemistry with Mike Williams..hes gotta find

Sep 18, 2015, 5:09 PM

that chemistry with somebody else and its not his fault he can't trust some of these dudes. They gotta step up and get on his page. Hopper and Peake are lost. They dont' fight off defenders and compete like they should. You could always rely on Mike to go up and get it or at least make sure the defender didn't.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DW had a lot of chemistry with Mike Williams..hes gotta find

Sep 18, 2015, 5:17 PM

I think Ghop is ok. Peake was well a bust tbh. I'd love to see Cain get most snaps at the 9. I think at this point roll in the frosh. McCloud and Cain should be on the field more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I disagree.

Sep 18, 2015, 5:43 PM

It's highly unlikely that a true freshman can step in and remember the plays, run the assignments and be trouble free after being on campus two months.

Peake is a fifth year guy. He's getting use to a new position. I think he'll get it 100% before a true freshman get 65% of it. There's a big step down in D1 experience, understand of the routes and other general knowledge of the playbook.

Ultimately, if Deon stays healthy and plays three years without interruption he will achieve more than Peake. There's no one in front of him after this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's fair, that chemistry is hard to manufacture, but

Sep 18, 2015, 5:19 PM [ in reply to DW had a lot of chemistry with Mike Williams..hes gotta find ]

there were some pretty bad misses too.

it's a great win, but far from perfect and i don't expect them to be.

hopefully dabo is right and this team is the great team it can be come november, but it will have to continue to get better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree.

Sep 18, 2015, 5:37 PM [ in reply to DW had a lot of chemistry with Mike Williams..hes gotta find ]

It's not all on the dropped passes or the line's blocking. Much was lost with Mike. I think Deon might be the long term solution if Peake can't get there but I'm doubting Deon can run the routes as does Peake at this point.

Mike will probably be rusty and it might take him a couple weeks to get confident in himself when the brace comes off.

I really think Peake isn't over the mental aspect of all his medical problems. Getting lots of attention and plenty of game time might make Peake and Mike together priceless later in the season. I appreciate what Dabo is doing. You don't just bench or demote a fifth year guy over a couple dropped passes.

huh? there are things that need fixing including some stuff

Sep 18, 2015, 5:16 PM

dw can do better. no?

his hc point-blanked at least 2 throws/misses he put squarely on dw.

what has been so egregious in your eyes? and please leave the coots/idgits out of this; we know what they do.

I was addressing the coots/dumpers.

Sep 18, 2015, 5:30 PM

There are four things you don't do at the same time. 1. Late throw(1) down the middle(2) with air under the football(3) without drawing the safeties toward the LOS(4). It also helps if your guy has a step on his man and you over throw them both.

You should never loft up a ball into double coverage, anywhere.

I have no problem with discussing the problems with our QB. I saw what Dabo saw too. I didn't think those three dropped passes which stalled drives were his fault. The short arm he pulled on Legget in the third down wasn't his fault either, he had a guy driving his body backward as he released. IMO, a short pass that falls into open grass is better than a lofty throw which might be up for grabs.

ok, eff them, but the short arm to leggett was horrible.

Sep 18, 2015, 5:45 PM

it's D1 football, he has to make that throw, he'll tell you the same and he did. i don't even think he'll thank you for being an apologist.

;)

the two to ghop & gallman weren't so hot either & although the first interception was a great individual play, he tried to fit it into a terrible situation and leggett got cleaned for it.

it's ok, i have coot tendencies sometimes in some people's eyes and i'm kewl with that...

but more importantly, have a great weekend '88. wins are great, i'll take 9 more just like it then we can run the post season too.

You have a good weekend too, coot.

Sep 18, 2015, 5:53 PM

It was a pitiful throw. I thought it was going to be pick when he started going backward.

ok then and thanks...

Sep 18, 2015, 5:53 PM

coot.

;)

Re: huh? there are things that need fixing including some stuff

Sep 18, 2015, 5:46 PM [ in reply to huh? there are things that need fixing including some stuff ]

Can you say "unrealistic expectations"? Everyone (fans/coaches/so-called experts) has made this young man responsible for the "rapture." Talented...Yes! Poised...Yes! Perfect...NO!! #4 is still basically a freshman considering his playing time with a very young team around him. Who of you would like to be under the pressure he is with/without his gifts? Support him. Enjoy him. The NFL is not that far over the horizon. 3-0 Keep Calm and Carry On.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not me, but i agree with you. i mentioned earlier in the

Sep 18, 2015, 5:52 PM

day the correlation between people's expectations of the final score going in with the bitching/griping that went on during the game, after the game last night and today.

enjoy winning, but my goodness we can still have conversations about things that can be reasonably improved and expected.

So, you want to talk about the kickoff coverage?

Sep 18, 2015, 5:55 PM

It's over my head. Seems like running down the field and tackling the ball carrier was left out of the game plan.

sure, it was poor in the hippie mountain poor game and

Sep 18, 2015, 6:02 PM

again last night; that's no bueno.

remember how nice it was when pinion kicked it through the endzone 99/100 times? i miss bradley.

I miss The Real McCoys and Howdy Doodie...

Sep 18, 2015, 6:20 PM

They were my favorites. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can download the real mccoys on piratebay

Sep 18, 2015, 6:54 PM

I haven't found Howdy Doodie or Dobie Gillis yet. ZELDA!

Yes, I remember BP.

Sep 18, 2015, 6:52 PM [ in reply to sure, it was poor in the hippie mountain poor game and ]

I wonder if we just don't have a leg to kick like that now or if it's a matter of technique or building strength.

idk, but until we do, low, line drive kick offs to the goal

Sep 18, 2015, 7:20 PM

are no bueno.

i'd say let's do something else, but maybe that's just me?

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic