Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Get Clemson ice cream shipped to your door
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Get Clemson ice cream shipped to your door

Jun 26, 2020, 12:45 PM

Dear Members of the Clemson Family,

The ’55 Exchange is now accepting online orders to have Clemson Ice Cream shipped direct to your front door! Six pints of our most popular flavors will be shipped out the second week of July just in time for National Ice Cream Day (Sunday July 19). What better way to celebrate than to enjoy some Clemson Ice Cream that has been made by students using the original Clemson formula. You can place your orders at www.clemson.edu/icecream

Like every other small food business retailer, the student-run ’55 Exchange has taken a big financial hit from forced closure due to COVID-19. We operate just like any other small business, including paying rent to the university and paying our student/professional staff. We entered the shutdown with a strong balance sheet, but with no means to generate retail sales our financial strength has been severely impacted, placing the ’55 Exchange business future in jeopardy. So we are looking for prominent members of the Clemson Family to help us promote the launch of our ice cream shipping program.

In addition to purchasing our ice cream, you can also partner with us to help promote our student-run program, for example, utilizing Clemson social media platforms to promote, inviting Clemson alumni and friends to order, sending your favorite Clemson ice cream memories for us to share. If you are interested in joining us in promoting the ’55 Exchange, then please reply to this email with a message on how you would like to assist.

Thanks!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Get Clemson ice cream shipped to your door

Jun 26, 2020, 12:49 PM

Sounds like something great to get behind! Thanks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2020, 1:00 PM

Am I missing something? How do you place an order? How will it be shipped? What is the price?

You can place your orders at www.clemson.edu/icecream***

Jun 26, 2020, 1:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Jun 26, 2020, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Get Clemson ice cream shipped to your door ]

Lol, I hear you man...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2020, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Get Clemson ice cream shipped to your door ]

You’re missing something. Www.clemson.edu/icecream

Jun 26, 2020, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Get Clemson ice cream shipped to your door ]

https://secure.touchnet.net/C20569_ustores/web/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCTID=4358

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

This is great.....but Lemon Custard not available :( *******

Jun 26, 2020, 1:09 PM

Jun 26, 2020, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Get Clemson ice cream shipped to your door ]

Dang! That costs more than Greaters!!!

Message was edited by: The Mole®

Jun 26, 2020, 2:59 PM
graeters.jpg(49.5 K)

The Clemson Ice Cream is actually $21.22 cheaper than having 6 pints of Graeter's shipped next day to SC. I just went to the Graeter's website and took a screenshot of a cart to ship 6 pints to SC. Not only is it a better deal but it also supports a business being run by Clemson students. I'm All In!

Jun 26, 2020, 1:47 PM

$88.68 for 6 quarts which includes $57 in shipping($24 for cooler $33 for over nite air)? I could probably pay Trevor Lawrence to drive it to my house for less.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Almost $15 per pint delivered..

Jun 26, 2020, 2:08 PM

which about equals a Starbucks large coffee!

Ha..if I was that rich investment guy from Omaha I’d swing for 12 pints and yell “Go Tigers” twice.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully it's a mini-Clemson Yeti cooler***

Jun 26, 2020, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Get Clemson ice cream shipped to your door ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hopefully it's a mini-Clemson Yeti cooler

Jun 26, 2020, 3:42 PM

For that price probably a $2 styrofoam one with a faded Tiger Paw on it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Get Clemson ice cream shipped to your door- AHHHHHHHH

Jun 26, 2020, 2:10 PM

that's me on line screaming for ice cream;

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2020, 4:12 PM

Clemson ice cream and milkshakes are the only reasons I passed my computer science classes in 81-82.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

BEWARE!

Jun 26, 2020, 5:50 PM

I just tried to order two deliveries - one for each of my children. When I filled out the information on-line and entered shipping information for each child, both deliveries were allocated to one child. it would appear that there is no method to order multiple gifts unless each transaction is entered and completed before initiating a second transaction.

Worse.... is that the number listed for contact which I called in an attempt to straighten this out states that the office is closed until further notice.

Bad customer service, guys!

Re: BEWARE!

Jun 26, 2020, 6:02 PM

Capital One says the order did not go through and I can re-enter the orders again individually. I hope they're correct. The order interface is very lacking - disappointing for an engineering college.

RESOLVED!

Jun 26, 2020, 6:31 PM [ in reply to BEWARE! ]

And resolved incredibly well.

I just received a phone call from a gentleman who is connected with the Class of '55 ice cream business. He reviews all orders and saw my post here on T-Net and reviewed the orders before calling me. He reached out to discuss and rectify what happened. He agreed that the order system is a mess, but they're stuck with it until the University approves the change to another system.

The students are also trying to make the best of a very bad situation - the University is giving them no break on monthly rent during this pandemic, resulting in a loss of $180,000 so far. His message was that the students are doing everything they can to save this business, but that they're in trouble financially.

So, imo - the University needs to get its act together and help these students run a business to succeed - not guarantee them a situation that's set for failure.

The University is the authority that mandated the closures on campus - so they shouldn't expect businesses to which they lease space to be able to pay rent to the University.

Re:Start a Petition to The Powers that Be to Save the Clemso

Jun 26, 2020, 11:30 PM

n Ice Cream Business. Bet we could get Tons of signatures.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Graeter's

Jun 29, 2020, 10:45 AM

I got turned on to Graeter's when I was living in Lexington, KY and hit up Cincinnati for some Reds games. That was over 35 years ago. I hadn't had Graeter's in years until recently when I stumbled upon it at Harris Teeter here in Greenville. The Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip is ridiculous! I'm having to up my time on the elipitical. I will definitely support the store at Clemson, but I don't think from what I'm reading that the cost of shipping this ice cream is gonna be worth it.

Props to Cincinnati for Graeter's, not so much for Skyline chili--just don't get that one. Thin runny chili doesn't do it for me.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic