Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Georgia's expecting 93,000 inside stadium for Irish & 60,000 outside which..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,956

Georgia's expecting 93,000 inside stadium for Irish & 60,000 outside which..

Sep 19, 2019, 7:35 PM

is about what happened they say when defending national champion Clemson kicked off the college football season in Athens on that Sept 1982 evening.

I was there with PAW flag & got tossed out of my upper deck seat minutes b/4 game started due to waving it high on pole..and even had cups of drink & ice thrown at me.

So, went down to small high school-like end zone & sat there.

We lost like 13-7 (or was it 13-3) mainly due to a punt blocked for quick 7 points.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Georgia's expecting 93,000 inside stadium for Irish & 60,000 outside which..

Sep 19, 2019, 7:43 PM

I remember the last time we played at Athens. We were walking through UGA tailgates and there was a drunk small person (I don't know what the current PC term is) that was yelling a stream of incredibly belligerent and foul things about Clemson at us. This, as well as threatening to kick our a$$ in a number of different ways.

For a minute, I thought about going back and kicking some a$$. I think I could've taken down her too!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: Georgia's expecting 93,000 inside stadium for Irish & 60,000 outside which..

Sep 19, 2019, 7:52 PM

52' YEAR RING...IMPRESSIVE.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2019, 7:54 PM

Thanks, it was my Father's

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's really gonna live up to its "Cesspool of the South"

Sep 19, 2019, 7:53 PM

nickname this weekend.

Unlike Clemson tailgaters, UGAs trash their campus. Savages.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it's really gonna live up to its "Cesspool of the South"

Sep 19, 2019, 7:54 PM

This is after cleanup

It's the 60,000 outside you have to worry about

Sep 19, 2019, 9:09 PM

they will trash anything that is identifiable as an opponent's vehicle.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2019, 10:06 PM

I was there at that game too lightbulbbill. I remember my dad wanting to leave at 4:30 in the morning from our house in Cope, S.C. ( Orangeburg Co.) even though the game wasn’t until 7pm that night if my memory serves me correctly. We had a 1981 Ford station wagon that was about the same color as the Griswalds on the movie Vacation. I remember we arrived on Campus around 10am - 10:30. We had those old square Tiger Paw magnets on the side of the car that pretty much covered the whole door on each side. They hadn’t started making the cut out paws yet or either dad couldn’t find those back then.Anyways we were searching for a place to park when dad noticed a Car in the front yard with “Go Tigers beat Georgia painted all over it. So dad and mom thought it would be great to park with other fellow Tigers in the area. Beings that we left so early from home that morning, dad pulled up under an old oak tree in the street in front of the house and dad, mom, me, and my little brother took a nap. We woke up about an hour later to the sound of a large bang. The car that had Go Tigers beat Georgia was actually parked in front of a frat house and they were charging their fans 5.00 to hit the dang thing. Needless to say, dad rolled both power windows down and he and mom reached down and pulled those square magnets into the car and we left to find somewhere else to park where there was lots of Orange !! That was the first and last time that I have been to that campus !! After we lost and were walking out the stadium we got pelted with beer cans and anything else they could find to throw. Classless.

Those unsuspecting Notre Damers don't understand the cespool

Sep 20, 2019, 8:28 AM

they're about to walk into. This isn't Clemson or Alabama where fans have respect for the common man. This is UGA...where beer bottles full of pee fly through the air at non-provoking rival fans. They'll all have a story to tell like most every person i' know that has been to a game at UGA. It always seems to end with "i'll never step foot back in that place as long as i live..."

I feel bad for those ND fans. This is at night too....Not a good recipe for fun. They have the WORST fans in the southeast maybe the country when it comes to ruining an experience. Coot fans are bad too but they usually filter out by halftime. They're mainly just annoying kids that cant stand up straight anymore. UGA fans are more akin to prison mates.

Sep 20, 2019, 8:41 AM

I had planned to go to a UGA game as an undergrad, but I heard story after story about getting pelted with bottles and rocks - something about passing under a railroad trestle full of UGA fans...I never went to Athens. Have not regretted the decision. Williams-Brice folks were ugly enough.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of '87

Sep 20, 2019, 9:54 AM

As a former state trooper, the only time that they would have what we called the Pattie Wagon at Willie B. Stadium was when Georgia came to Cootlumbia. Now this is a bus with jail bars over the windows. It would get full at least twice during the four quarters of the game and they would transport them to the Richland Co. jail. So what does that tell you about these 2 fan bases !!

1984 game in Athens

Sep 20, 2019, 1:45 PM

My first and last game there. Tigers were soundly beaten that day 41-14. From ultra rude, drunken classless jerks (actually a family) we parked beside in a muddy back alley lot
for $20 this was a horrible experience. We even attempted to talk with them but they wanted nothing to do with us other than spewing unprovoked insults.
On the walk back after the beat down, my buddy and I were hit with ice, cursed and verbally abused
for the eight block walk. Nothing worse than taking that from some 17-19 year old drunken pi$$ ant punks who have probably never stepped one foot inside a college classroom , even at Georgia.
Maybe we should have retaliated but spending a night in the local lockup was not a chance we wanted to take. Fortunately we were not drinking as we were headed back to Greenville that evening.
What a $hi!! Hole......Never again!

Glad I am not sitting against that 125° wall at the top of

Sep 20, 2019, 4:18 PM

the visitor deck down there like I did in 2015. That was miserable. Was higher than the roof of the pressbox over on the home side of the field. And we lost the dern game!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,956
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic