Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Georgia setting up internment camps
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 501

Georgia setting up internment camps

Mar 9, 2020, 3:01 PM

Oh and the Fulton county school system closed for tomorrow.

https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-news/georgia-preparing-park-for-isolating-patients-exposed-coronavirus/qtEDELBUm8Xo0TqlCRhPgI/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Georgia setting up internment camps

Mar 9, 2020, 3:02 PM

Keep em away from the golf course.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What goes on at a Synnex convention? They just canceled

Mar 9, 2020, 3:09 PM

Mar 9, 2020, 3:41 PM

Mr Collins, I know a place right here in GA, you can go to:

https://twitter.com/Kevinliptakcnn/status/1237097701063438337

This is what is coming most likely. Same thing China did.

Mar 9, 2020, 3:41 PM

Shocked if we can pull it off though.

The policy of quarantining people at home will not work if things get bad. That was what they started doing in China initially. The problem the Chinese ran into was if someone comes down with it, and they order them to go home and quarantine themselves at home, they would just end up infecting their entire family. So one person gets it, put them in quarantine at home, whole family gets it. Not effective. They ended up finding many times people would not reappear when their quarantine period was over. They would then go in the house and find the husband and wife dead, and their two young children in the house with their parents bodies. Horrible stuff.

So China changed course and started quarantining mildly ill patients in quarantine facilities, away from their families. Or at home if they lived alone. But this way, if you get infected but not severely ill, they sent you to a quarantine facility with other mildly ill people. That way your family would not get the virus. If one parent was sent off, the other, if infected mildly, could quarantine at home to care for the children, who don't get sick.

So you minimize the spread this way, PLUS it frees up hospitals to treat only the severely ill. If you get a fever you go to a fever clinic. They test you, and evaluate you. If you're severely ill, they can take you to the hospital, or send you to a quarantine facility to recover with other mildly ill people. In the quarantine facilities they would monitor your symptoms and transfer those who get worse to hospitals. Likewise those in hospitals that recovered were sent back to the quarantine facilities to fully recover, then home.

I doubt a couple of trailers in a state park will cut it though. They re-purposed hotels, convention centers, arenas, you name it. Saw a story where Seattle, or somewhere near there they were re-purposing a closed Budget 8 hotel for this exact purpose. And this is what changed the tide in China....these quarantine facilities for the mildly ill.

Yes, this is what they are planning, and it is what works. Good luck getting to the point people will do this or this type of action is needed.

After reading the article, it's different. This is a quarantine for those exposed, not infected. But if it gets really bad here, the above scenario will probably be the best course of action. So many of China's cases were entire family units because they only learned later the best approach was to separate mild illnesses from the healthy and free up the hospitals for only the most severe cases. If you start the above approach early, you can keep the hospitals from becoming flooded and keep the death rate down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's how China is reducing their infections.

Mar 9, 2020, 4:42 PM

They just die from something else.

https://i.imgur.com/FQOAj6a.mp4

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's how China is reducing their infections.

Mar 9, 2020, 5:01 PM

"hay, do you have a minute?"

Mar 9, 2020, 3:47 PM

could use the CVS/Rite Aid stores

Mar 9, 2020, 3:47 PM

kmart/sears too

Mar 9, 2020, 4:29 PM

They're just doing that to make Trump look bad. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 9, 2020, 5:28 PM

The liberal gov of GA would do anything to hurt Trump.

Mar 9, 2020, 4:40 PM

This will go over like a fart in church.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait, so i can miss work AND go camping?

Mar 9, 2020, 4:57 PM

can i bring my own camper or do I have to use the welfare one?

Replies: 12
| visibility 501
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic