Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Genuinely surprised at the # of "rules are rules" Tigers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Genuinely surprised at the # of "rules are rules" Tigers

Dec 25, 2018, 2:42 PM

The "rules are rules" way of being in the world is appropriate for 3rd graders, but functioning adults should develop some capacity to evaluate whether a "rule" is appropriately structured and administered, and whether it carries an appropriate penalty.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its a valid point though...

Dec 25, 2018, 2:44 PM

lets pretend bently got popped in the same manner..this board would be erupting with laughter calling him a cheater ...at the end of the day the #### had a banded substance in it..and the rule is suspension.

After the B sample and appeal process played out

Dec 25, 2018, 2:48 PM

Re: After the B sample and appeal process played out

Dec 25, 2018, 3:21 PM

Actually the B sample is the judgement point. If their B sample comes back Positive then they are guilty of having PEDs in their system. The appeals process would start if they ask for it to start. At that point it's not Innocent until Proven Guilty. It will be prove how they got in your system without your knowledge. They would have to either prove their innocence or that they were not knowingly taking the PED.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Genuinely surprised at the # of "rules are rules" Tigers

Dec 25, 2018, 2:46 PM

I agree it’s a dumb rule. Still a rule none the less.

Are you saying you’d be perfectly fine if three ND players were suspended for the exact same thing and then the suspension lifted just before the game? It sounds like you would be.....

If they had a proven false positive

Dec 25, 2018, 2:49 PM

not rooting for them to fail

Dec 25, 2018, 2:56 PM

just being realistic odds are this b samples will be dirty as well.

Re: If they had a proven false positive

Dec 25, 2018, 2:57 PM [ in reply to If they had a proven false positive ]

Nope, not rooting for them to fail. Just mature enough to accept what’s been reported and trust that Dabo has done everything possible to verify the validity. Who am I to question a failed drug test?

Who are you to question their word?

Dec 25, 2018, 3:01 PM

Dec 25, 2018, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Genuinely surprised at the # of "rules are rules" Tigers ]

Yes, a rule is a rule, regardless. Exactly what the Nazis said. How did that work out?

Sounds like...

Dec 25, 2018, 2:49 PM

you have a problem with authority. If you don’t like a rule, law, etc... just reject it and do what you will, right?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sounds like...

Dec 25, 2018, 3:28 PM

You have no idea as to what I may or may not have a problem with. You appear to have a major problem with anyone who even questions your opinions.

I question authority regularly.

Dec 25, 2018, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Sounds like... ]

The more authority someone has, the more I analyze their decisions and behaviors. Where those decisions and behaviors are capricious, unjust, or just ineffective, then I do have a problem with that authority.

Dec 25, 2018, 4:04 PM

The debate over whether the rule makes any sense is a completely separate debate from whether or not these players broke the rules.

I think that many of the rules are absurd, but I still think that we have to be consistent. If the exact same thing happened to Bama or ND players we would assume that they were in fact guilty just like other fans are automatically assuming that our players are guilty. I wouldn't want players from other teams to be able to play if they failed a drug test that violates the current rules that are in place.

Even though I am confident that these players didn't intentionally violate the rules, I don't see how we can say that our players should be allowed to play because they didn't do it on purpose without saying the same thing about players like Will Grier a couple years ago for example.

I know this isn't quite the same thing, but I think there are plenty of laws on the books that don't make any sense either, but it is still illegal to break them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

rules are rules. if the second sample is positive,

Dec 25, 2018, 4:36 PM

that's it for this tale. if it isn't positive, then they play. how are is this, really?

Re: rules are rules. if the second sample is positive,

Dec 25, 2018, 4:37 PM

how hard is this, I meant. Jeez, how did I type that and not sense something was wrong?

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic