Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Post and Courrier...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Post and Courrier...

Feb 10, 2019, 7:14 AM

Just another cheap shot by a so called journalist. He has proven that he has no intitgrity. What this proves is that he is a pure sensationalists, only trying to get readers without respect for facts. Simple answer is to cancel any subscription you have to this piece of toilet paper and refuse to read any article written by this so called writer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Post and Courrier...

Feb 10, 2019, 7:24 AM

So what did he write?

Dabo was quoted as saying the osterine could have come

Feb 10, 2019, 8:25 AM

from anywhere so bevis wrote the headline "Clemson’s Dabo Swinney says college may have given players banned drug by mistake"

Here was Dabo's quote, “Oh yeah, I mean, there’s a chance that it could come from anything,” Swinney said when asked if it’s possible the players ingested ostarine in a Clemson-issued supplement or were exposed to it in some other way at the school. “They’re going to test everything and look at everything. And that’s the problem. As you really look at this stuff, it could be a contaminant that came from anything, that was something that was cleared and not a problem, and all of a sudden, it becomes there was something.”

fake news

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fish deserved better wraps than the P&C

Feb 10, 2019, 8:42 AM

makes them look cheap

I hate having to put yet another paper in the same category

Feb 10, 2019, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Dabo was quoted as saying the osterine could have come ]

As The State. But this might do it for the P&C.

Bad headline. Article has literally nothing new. Interviewed Dabo and he repeated and clarified what he's already said before. It's a click bait headline. And then you see that get taken by the Drudge Report and Drudge alters the headline even more for click bait by taking out the unimportant word mistake....

This is why I'm so done with the media and journalism in general.

Fake news. It does exist and this is just one of today's examples.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly, and the rest of the outlets went with the same

Feb 10, 2019, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Dabo was quoted as saying the osterine could have come ]

headline. However, I will say the other outlets did point out the true story within. Imagine how disappointed all the haters are when they read the actual story, especially the quotes for the sports med doctor.

Feb 10, 2019, 8:19 AM

If we were just little ole Clemson, and hadn't won 2 of the last 3 Natty's this wouldn't be a story. When you are winning at a high level like Clemson is you end up under a microscope looking for any thing that might be illegal. They will find fault in every little thing we do. That said...I don't agree with it. It shouldn't go down like that, but it gets clicks.

Feb 10, 2019, 8:30 AM

lol I really think some people or outlets are trying to make this thing bigger than it really is...If this were an issue then nationally syndicated sports programs would be alllllll over this....I honestly don't care anymore at this point...I hate it for Galloway and no one probably had no idea who Giella was until this...Lets move on

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

It's unlikely the writer wrote the headline

Feb 10, 2019, 9:07 AM

That's usually the editor's job. And if the editor is doing that for clicks (i.e. revenue) then the ultimate ownership of this fake news hack job falls to the Executive Editor... and maybe the president of the company.

They sensationalized the headline for revenue, but the article itself is just reporting the facts.

If you don't like their coverage, don't subscribe. I don't. But if I did, I'd be raising hellfire and asking for explanations from their leadership. They are clearly sacfricing their integrity to discredit a State university to increase their profits.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Gene Sapakoff Loves Killing St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital Patients...

Feb 10, 2019, 9:19 AM

With Kindness as He Donates $10,000 to the Hospital during a Recent Fundraiser.”

And that’s how the clickbait works.

~JKB

Old Newspaper Operation Procedure

Feb 10, 2019, 12:28 PM

Reporters write the articles, and editors write the titles.

Lets make sure we know who wrote the title before we "tar and feather" anyone.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic